Does Japan sell Marvel or DC comic books?

#1 Posted by TheMarvelFanboy (270 posts) - - Show Bio

Im planning on going to Japan sometime next spring or summer and was wondering if there were any Comic Book stores out there that sell Marvel or DC comics?( and yes I know if true they would be in japanese). I tried 'googling it' and nothing came up but I know I can trust that the people of Comic Vine will have an answer for me. 
Thank You.
#2 Posted by CharlieJade (422 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah they do but Western Comics are not very common, 

Japanese will mostly read Japanaese comics but you will find them in a big city like Tokyo and Osaka

#3 Posted by GothamBat (644 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah, I'm pretty sure they're rare over there. but I do know they have some following, they're making a Wolverine and Iron Man anime series over there.

#4 Posted by ScytheClawB (14 posts) - - Show Bio

There was a couple of manga's separate from the USA's Mangaverse in Japan, for Spider-Man, and maybe X-Men. 

#5 Posted by TheRedRobin (226 posts) - - Show Bio

I would think so seeing as we sell manga.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.