Follow

James T. Kirk

Character » James T. Kirk appears in 1200 issues.

James Tiberius Kirk became the youngest Captain in the United Federation of Planets' Starfleet, at 31, and is best known for his maverick command of the U.S.S. Enterprise, saving the Earth on two publicly-recognized occasions in 2271 and 2286, and his involvement in a record 17 temporal anomalies.

Finally, A Star Trek Communicator Phone...Sort Of

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    For those that have really been into Star Trek, the idea of owning a phone that looks like a communicator is most likely something they've all thought of.  Who wouldn't want to be able to say into one, "I'm....James....T....Kirk" or "Beam me up, Scotty.  Energize"?  TC Games is announcing that a company has made a Star Trek Communicator that will be available for purchase.

Great, right?  Except, it won't be a regular phone.  It'll be a computer USB phone that needs to be plugged into your computer in order to use.  You can use it with services such as Skype or VoIP.  It will have a speaker phone option but it's still not the same.  Perhaps someday you'll be able to walk down the street carrying one. 

This phone is due out in April (supposedly).  No price has been mentioned yet.
    AnnetteKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By AnnetteKS

I don't see why they can't make a cell phone that looks like the communicator. The cell phones these days are of similar design anyway. I wouldn't want a silly flip communicator anyway. I want a Com Badge. I am a Next Generation girl. If Bluetooth could make one of their devices work as a com badge I would be all over it.

Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Slinger

I want a Star Wars style comlink phone.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By King_Saturn
    Wow... thats rather interesting.

Saturn to Enterprise... permission to Beam Up one...
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#4  Edited By gmanfromheck
    Slinger said:
    "I want a Star Wars style comlink phone."
    Really?  Are you talking about the ones that look like an old car lighter?

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.