Follow

James T. Kirk

Character » James T. Kirk appears in 1198 issues.

James Tiberius Kirk became the youngest Captain in the United Federation of Planets' Starfleet, at 31, and is best known for his maverick command of the U.S.S. Enterprise, saving the Earth on two publicly-recognized occasions in 2271 and 2286, and his involvement in a record 17 temporal anomalies.

Comparison of timelines...

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Methos
    Original timeline:

2233: James Kirk is born.
    2245: The USS Enterprise launches, commanded by Captain Robert April.
    2246: The Tarsus IV/Kodos the executioner incident with James Kirk.
    2250: James Kirk enrolls in Starfleet Academy.
    2251: Captain Christopher Pike takes command of the USS Enterprise.
    2253: Ensign Kirk comes aboard the USS Republic.
    2254: James Kirk becomes first officer aboard the USS Farragut; the USS Enterprise encounters trouble on Talos IV.
    2265: Christopher Pike is promoted to Fleet Captain; Captain James Kirk takes command of the USS Enteprise
    2266: Fleet Captain Pike is injured by delta ray radiation in a training exercise aboard a J-Class training vessel and is taken back to Talos IV by the USS Enterprise to live out the rest of his life.

New timeline:

2233: The Narada destroys the USS Kelvin; James Kirk is born.
    2255: James Kirk enrolls in Starfleet Academy.
    2258: The USS Enterprise launches, commanded by Captain Christopher Pike; James Kirk becomes First Officer; the Narada is destroyed; Christopher Pike is promoted to Rear Admiral; James Kirk becomes Captain.

So now Kirk is REALLY the youngest Captain in the history of the fleet. 25?! I mean, he already was when he took command in the original timeline, but his record was beaten later.

I would presume that because of the Narada, it causes Starfleet to "advance" their ships more, which accounts for the Enterprise being better and coming out seven years later than it originally should have. Also, Kirk goes through a rebelling stage in Earth 1 that he didn't go through in Earth Prime.

and here's a comparison of the old Enterprise - A compared to the new one...

No Caption Provided
    Heck, that's substantially larger than the D or E. Quite the leap there, all caused by that one starship getting destroyed?

M

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Nice breakdown.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By Supreme Marvel

I just like the last ship. Looks so cool!

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Methos

it's frickin big... i didn't realize how big they had made the new Enterprise A until i checked it out...

it's larger than the Enteprise E that faced down the Borg in First Contact lol

god knows what size future ships will be in this timeline

M

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb35bcd18369
    deactivated-5fb35bcd18369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

I love the new versions of ships like The Kelvin and The Enterprise in the timeline that Nero (though it was Spock Prime who set the events in motion for this new reality to come about) has given birth to. I mean LOOK at these ships! They are beautiful! I wonder if The Kelvin was ever rebuilt...they never stated in the Movie whether a USS Kelvin-A or something like that was commissioned and built. Also...I was shocked when I found out that the Narada (Nero's ship from the 24th Century of Earth-Prime, yes...I am going to call the original Star Trek Universe Earth-Prime just like I am going to call Old Spock by the name Spock Prime and Superboy-Prime by...wait...he's from a different Earth-Prime...oops) was actually just a Mining Vessel and not the standard uber-powerful mega-planet buster Death Star-wannabes we see in a lot of Science Fiction Tales. I mean sure they turned it into a Planet Buster but in the end The Narada was always a Romulan Mining Vessel through and through and I love that concept. It's like turning a fork into a laser gun. You take something that wasn't meant to be what you've turned it into and it works perfectly!

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Methos

Here's a better comparison for sizes...

As you can see.... the new Enterprise original severely outclasses all future ships from the original timeline

M

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Methos

Ahhh...

timeline has been shafted!!!!

No Caption Provided
    congrats Trek prop dudes...  you actually made me do a spit take

M

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

I didn't know I could respect you anymore......... I should send you money for being awesome

Avatar image for deactivated-642cac2d559fb
    deactivated-642cac2d559fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'll always have a special place for the original timeline.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.