Does Jim Gordon know Batman's secret?

#1 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

He seems ignorant most of the time, but he's been a detective and he once stopped Bats from taking off his mask saying: "What makes you think I don't already know?"

What do you think.

#2 Posted by Mighty Thorion (797 posts) - - Show Bio

Quite possible - as you say, not all Policemen in comics can be slow on the uptake. Remember, Captain Stacey had worked out who Spider-man was before he died, so maybe JG has figured it out. By the way, did he ever know his own daughter was one Batgirl?

#3 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

You know, I'm not sure. He didn't seem to know during "The Killing Joke".

#4 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

That is a good question, I should know.

#5 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio

In one comic he says he does not want to know, He actually says to bats if he did he would have found out along time ago.

#6 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

Final Arrow says:

"In one comic he says he does not want to know, He actually says to bats if he did he would have found out along time ago."

True

Hey check this por favor:

"Over the Edge"

#7 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

BatgirlBabs says:

"Final Arrow says:
"In one comic he says he does not want to know, He actually says to bats if he did he would have found out along time ago."
True Hey check this por favor:http://www.youtube.com/v/Q3Ti9DRQWMc&hl=en width=425 height=355 type=application/x-shockwave-flash wmode="transparent">"Over the Edge""

Thats the episode that prompted the question for me... and re-reading "Killing Joke".

#8 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

Satyre:

That episode makes me cry everytime I see it...I cry a lot...I'm such a sap. I loved the scene where Brice is waiting by the fun and Tim and Alfred are in the room, and Gordon calls. It's so sad.

#9 Posted by danhimself (22580 posts) - - Show Bio

that's my favorite episode! i love that alternate reality stuff where everything just goes to hell! and i think gordan does know his identity he's too good of a cop not to know

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.