Follow

James Gordon

Character » James Gordon appears in 5248 issues.

James Gordon is one of Batman's first supporters, helping him fight against crime and corruption in Gotham City. He eventually rose to the rank of Commissioner in the Gotham City Police Department, and continues to be one of Batman's greatest allies.

Did he know his daughter was batgirl?

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

If so in what issues did he find out 

Avatar image for _girl_of_steel_
    *Girl of Steel*

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By *Girl of Steel*

Let's see in Legends of the DC Universe #10-11 they pretty much confirm it, that he knew her secret almost immediately but didn't tell her that he knew. Then in Batgirl Year One #8 he pretty figures it out, and she tries to trick him into thinking otherwise but I totally think he knows then too. I'm pretty sure he figured it out in "The Silver Age" too, but I totally don't know the issue.

Avatar image for greenlantern555
    GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By GreenLantern555

I didn't even know there was a James Gordon forum...

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By danhimself

I don't see how he doesn't know...it's the same with people wondering if he knows that Bruce is Batman...he's to good of a detective to not have figured it out by now but he respects Batman enough to pretend that he doesn't know

theCARS7879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt it and it was the same in the 60s Batman TV show starring Neil Hamilton as the commisoner and Yvonne Craig as the Domino daredoll, Batgirl

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.