Follow

James Gordon Jr.

Character » James Gordon Jr. appears in 155 issues.

The psychotic and murderous son of the Gotham City police commissioner Jim Gordon and his first wife Barbara Kean, James Gordon Jr. has been a recurring threat to his sister Barbara.

Off My Mind: Why James Gordon Jr is a Great Batman Villain

• 73 results
    iamtheteam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By iamtheteam

Awesome! definitely pumped for September!

Avatar image for spidermonkey2099
    spidermonkey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 16

#52  Edited By spidermonkey2099

I agree that James Jr. is a great Batman villain. He is just so creepy. And one of the things that I love about this new villain is that he does not wear any mask or costume. He's just a creepy, intelligent psychopath.

TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By TheCerealKillz

Someone tell me what he has done, I don't get why he is such a big pain.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By gmanfromheck

@MuadDiab: Sorry you found this lame. I don't see that I ruined anything. His true intentions were revealed a few issues ago. I never even went into the things he did to two of his recent 'victims.' The official preview images from DC even show that James had Barbara held captive. Also, I sent a copy of this to Scott Snyder before getting the quote and he didn't see any problem with it.

dondasch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By dondasch
    @SmoothJammin said:
    @dondasch said:
    I will have to read this when it comes out as a TPB.  Though, I still cannot quite get past Dick Grayson as Batman.  Feels uncomfortable
    What cave have you been living under for the past 2 years? He's had a great run as Batman.To each his own, I guess.
    Bit of an unneeded comment there, don't you think ?  I have more interesting reads than to see Dick Grayson play Batman, whether or not he's any good.  I'll give it a shot, as I've said, when it comes out in TPB.
    Avatar image for thephantomstranger
    thephantomstranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CrimsonTempest: specifically to the spoiler 

Roldan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By Roldan
    @Trodorne said:
    If anything I would love to see james gordon jr, as Nightwing or Batgirl villain and not batman. he could very well be Dick Greysons own joker.
    Well it's kinda hard to do that without Scott Snyder being behind it. He could easily turn in to a whiny villain with the wrong hands. Also he clearly seems more interested in Batman then Barbara. I'm sure though he could also end up in Batgirl but we'll have to wait and see.
    BuNKiTZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By BuNKiTZ

Sweet! That was one of the things I was worried about! Whether he got in or not or any of the more recent characters. Whew! It's good to know he'll be in! XD

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By redwingx

I personally think he should be in Nightwing's rogue gallery and not in Batmans.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#60  Edited By cbishop

Being unable to buy many comics lately, I was unaware that JG, Jr. was being used as a villain.  Picking villains from the supporting cast can get to be a tired concept.  Renee Montoya became the new Question, JG, Jr. is a new villain.  How long before JG, Sr. or Harvey Bullock put on a costume and start stalking the Gotham streets?  It sounds like the creative team has done a cool job with the kid, and that can make all the difference in the world.

xanthiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By xanthiss

That is such a great idea. I am impressed. 

blackkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62  Edited By blackkitty

I'm so confused by this relaunch it's driving me crazy. I was coming to accept that okay, all heroes have only been around for 5 years...okay...fine. Might be okay, but then...Batman comes and nothing's changed. I fail to see how this is even possible with the way the world has changed. As for James Gordon Jr. Well, he reminds me alot of characters like Black Mask. Wouldn't be surprised if he ended up as the new Black Mask.

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

#63  Edited By JonesDeini
    @SmoothJammin said:

you guys notice the bridge where James is left hanging at the end of Tec is the same one he gets dropped as a baby in Batman year one? Leave it to Snyder to blow you away. The ending kinda takes a minute to sink in, and then you're just like "...oh shh*t." lol

I caught that immediately. I was half expecting Gordon to drop him though lol
    JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

#64  Edited By JonesDeini
    @thephantomstranger said:
    @CrimsonTempest: specifically to the spoiler 

We don't know if that was actually the case though. Once again it was James screwing with Babs' head. Could he have been telling the truth? Sure, but was he? That we'll (hopefully) never know. 
    Lots_Of_Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Lots_Of_Love

He is a gret villian you know I think they should use more underatted villians in batman like some from the Animated series example babydoll

Captainthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Captainthunder

Looks like the writer and artist recently watched SIN CITY. Homage or rip off you judge.  Look up Kevin from Sin City.  My PC will not let me post a pic or I would.

Druid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#67  Edited By Druid

New villains means the old ones don't have to break out of Arkham, or die and come back again and again. I'm glad Snyder brought in James Junior. I say let the Joker have a vacation.

labarith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By labarith

Too bad DC's resetting their universe.  Is this James the same as that one?  WHo the %^$*&& knows.

GT-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By GT-Man

cool?
    etamogrey77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By etamogrey77

don't know why some people are saying jj jr(love his name by the way) is this or that when THEY HAVEN'T READ THE COMIC. he is a graet bat villain for dick because they both stepped up so to speak at the same time dick to be bats and lead the family and james to mess with his family which made him cross paths with dick(whose his exact opposite) and the two have sorta made this relationship where jj wants to bring out the crazy in dick and dick wants to f up jj and hes completly psycho too. and deathstroke ain't no batman villain
    p.s. know this thread is old but i love this jj jr dude so cool

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#71  Edited By Rumble Man

He is my favorite Gordon

F*ck babs for stabbing him in the eye

Avatar image for ultimate_knight
    Ultimate_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Ultimate_Knight

This guy could be a good villain for the Gotham TV series.

ubungqingili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frobin:

@frobin said:

Oookaay, so Gordon's son is a psychopath ... that's of course really surprising ... but as we know Gordon why would he become psychopathic ... one becomes psycho just because of nothing... there has to be some real childhood trauma ... so it would need a really, really plausible story to explain why Gordon's son is a psycho ... or it's just for the surprise, which would be lame. And this story I don't see at the moment, but who knows ... we'll see. But I'm skeptical!

there have been cases with people being born psychopaths their is even gene for it so your so wrong.

Divyansh13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This guy partially reminds me of Johan liebert

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.