Follow

Jai West

Character » Jai West appears in 158 issues.

Iris West's fraternal twin brother and (the Flash) and Linda West's son. He aged rapidly due to his connection to the speed force to the point where he is roughly 8 years old physically. He could "temporarily superaccelerate the myofibrillar hypertrophism in his muscular tissue" and has superspeed. He was recently given the code name Surge.

Lost his powers?

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DEGRAAF

So does anyone know if he lost his powers? Thats what it seems like but we havent seen anything that says for sure. Last we saw of him, he was in agony with the speed force killing him because him and his sister shared the same link to the speed force. I expected her to give up her connection to the speed force to save his life but instead (i call it selfish) she seems to have taken the connection from him to have all to her self. I liked his powers better but i guess we have enough strong men in the DCU, i think we have enough Speedsters too though. 

If his sis died would he then get the speed force back?

can they transfer their connection between them whenever they want? 

What is to become of him? i Think he is to well known not to have a power by now. Thats like one of the Richards kids (marvel, fantastic Four) losing their powers. They just cant be normal 

If she can take his connection, can she take others too? When she takes other does she become even faster?  And from the looks of it when she takes the connection she doesnt kill them so she could essentially take everyones if need and become the fastest speedster ever known and then when the crisis is over she could give it back. She sounds like the true Heir to the speed force.  just wish it was Jai
    Blue Outburst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Blue Outburst

I'm just putting this out there, he will end up being bitter about this or something and become a villain. It could go that way. Or look at his shirt...it's a turtle. Symbolism that he is slow now. 

lusilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By lusilly

I think that he's lost his powers for good, but I also think that his sister Iris was more interested in them anyway. I think that Jai's much more mild than Iris and won't really mind taking a backseat to her superpowers. Besides, I'm sure he'll grow to be a super genius, and that their mother will teach him how to use all the alien tech they have and whatnot. Iris could only take her brother's powers because they shared that connection. The strained connection was killing them so she took them from him. I really like that, I think it's interesting to have a superpowered kid and nonsuperpowered kid. I mean, Jai can hang out with his mom when Wally and Iris go out and fight crime, hahaha. He IS Iris's twin, and I think that bond is so sacred and important to them that he doesn't really resent her. I think that maybe her powers will be extremely awesome or unstable as she grows up, and she will turn out to be the strongest speedster of them all. I'm really excited for that. I'm just sad that she disappeared in the New 52 ):

And I think it makes sense that one of them is normal because their mom doesn't have any superpowers. It's not like both parents were heroes. So I think it makes sense and it balances the family really well. it's an interesting dynamic that I wish could have been explored more.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.