Follow

Jackson King

Character » Jackson King appears in 194 issues.

Jackson King is the son of Isaiah King, a member of IO's Team 1. He served as a leader of Stormwatch One as Battalion before he became the head of the organization.

Battle Lion

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I've been wanting to add to the Jackson King/Battalion page for a little while now. He's the big black man of the Wildstorm Universe, up until recently the head of one of the main superhero teams in Wildstorm, one of the most powerful psychics on the planet, and just an all-around badass, but his page is lacking. I've got exams now, then I'm going to relax for a week or two, but over summer I'll probably beef up his page as well as the pages of a bunch of other Stormwatch characters that I'll read about as I look up stuff about Mr. King. And now that we have the Quest thing (another evil scheme to waste my time) I'll be rewarded for it. I mean, in addition to the reward of having a nice page to look at. I should probably update/finish my other big pages ( Majestic and Hawksmoor) while I'm at it. Also, just to show some WSU love, here's a picture.

BKole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By BKole

Sorry Buck, but some of those costumes suck really badly. I prefered it when the Wildstorm universe didn't have so many costumed characters - Like Hawksmoor in his suit, the same with Spartan.  Frankly, it makes me feel a bit weird sometimes. They're just not brilliant redesigns
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
    @BKole said:
    " Sorry Buck, but some of those costumes suck really badly. I prefered it when the Wildstorm universe didn't have so many costumed characters - Like Hawksmoor in his suit, the same with Spartan.  Frankly, it makes me feel a bit weird sometimes. They're just not brilliant redesigns "
    The only thing I don't really like are the (sometimes-glowing) logos on many of the characters. Other than that things haven't shifted too much. Wildstorm was more real in some respects but it never skimped on the costumes. There were of course people that didn't wear them (Gen 13 was a team that wasn't too costumed, there were some with stylized streetwear, armor was pretty common, and you mentioned a couple, though Spartan's had to do with a way his character was being written which he isn't anymore) but there were plenty costumed characters. On the image before, among the silly glow-in-the-dark costumes are still some practical uniforms, street clothes and armor (ex: Grifter, Deathblow, Ladytron, Zealot, Christine Trelane and some more). Feels like it's about the same mix to me. There are some redesigns I like (Fuji is probably at the top of that list) and some I hate (I think Hawksmoor's is the  worst but that's probably because he's my favorite character).
    Clutch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Clutch

Grifter looks dope,I like Warblade's redisgn aswell.
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Made a lot of progress today. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.