Follow

Jackpot

Character » Jackpot appears in 61 issues.

Jackpot is a new registered hero with The Initiative who fights in New York City. There have been two people to take the Jackpot identity, Alana Jobson who died, and first and current heir Sara Ehret.

Mj?

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Copy

I'm pretty sure that this is mj. Show should we keep this or delete it?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By gmanfromheck

Let's just wait. This has been up since the Free Comic Book Day issue. Let's see where they're going with this first, just in case.

Fire Fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Fire Fox

Probably deleted and MJ's page should be changed to Jackpot.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#4  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I knew you were a Skrull. I mean...you told us you were.

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Copy

Alright I just wanted to discuss what we should do.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By gmanfromheck

Secret Invasion has begun. A Skrull in every state, ya know...

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Eternal Chaos

I might be a Skrull...

SolthesunGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SolthesunGod

Her costume is so tacky it makes disco Dazzler's look sophisticated!

SolthesunGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SolthesunGod

Post Deleted.

Fidget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Fidget

Definitely looks like MJ, plus her name is Jackpot... I mean come on! She calls herself the jackpot when they first meet. It's not inconceivable that what she asked Mephisto is to be a superhuman. Then again might not be...

The Hobgoblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By The Hobgoblin

Here's my thoughts on the whole MJ/Jackpot plot:

I'm suspecting that Mephisto split MJ's personality into 2 different people: MJ's flirtacious side/wild side (Jack Pot) and the rest of her personality into the MJ from the party at the end of OMD. That way, she's incomplete personality wise, and Peter will never fall completely in love w/ either MJ persona. Mysterio (Quentin Beck) will eventually come back to claim both of the MJ's half souls for Mephisto (I'm thinking she promised him her soul), causing Spider-Man to risk it all against Mysterio and Mephisto in a large climatic battle, featuring Spidey and Harry (As Menace?) teaming up to save the MJs. Harry is fatally wounded and promises Mephisto his soul if Peter and MJ can live and things can go back to the way they were for Pete and MJ (As well as Aunt May) before Civil War. Mephisto agrees and corrects J. Quesada's biggest mistake ever. Mysterio is also returned to the land of the living. I see those events happening in ASM # 600. Spidey later teams up in a Dr.Strange/Silver Surfer/Dr.Doom (Issues 223-225?) cross-over and winds up saving Harry's soul from Mephisto's realm in the process. He either passes on, or returns to the land of the living as well.

Lady Arcane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Lady Arcane

Alexia Taras says:

"The Hobgoblin says:
    "Here's my thoughts on the whole MJ/Jackpot plot: I'm suspecting that Mephisto split MJ's personality into 2 different people: MJ's flirtacious side/wild side (Jack Pot) and the rest of her personality into the MJ from the party at the end of OMD. That way, she's incomplete personality wise, and Peter will never fall completely in love w/ either MJ persona. Mysterio (Quentin Beck) will eventually come back to claim both of the MJ's half souls for Mephisto (I'm thinking she promised him her soul), causing Spider-Man to risk it all against Mysterio and Mephisto in a large climatic battle, featuring Spidey and Harry (As Menace?) teaming up to save the MJs. Harry is fatally wounded and promises Mephisto his soul if Peter and MJ can live and things can go back to the way they were for Pete and MJ (As well as Aunt May) before Civil War. Mephisto agrees and corrects J. Quesada's biggest mistake ever. Mysterio is also returned to the land of the living. I see those events happening in ASM # 600. Spidey later teams up in a Dr.Strange/Silver Surfer/Dr.Doom (Issues 223-225?) cross-over and winds up saving Harry's soul from Mephisto's realm in the process. He either passes on, or returns to the land of the living as well. "
    I agree with that, but here's the issue Gobby, do you really think JQ's going to let that happen? He won't, and I wish that was the case, but it won't because JQ's a douche."

I wish you would find a word that's not from a french word to insult somebody! @_@ "douche"

Alexia Taras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Alexia Taras

The Hobgoblin says:

"Here's my thoughts on the whole MJ/Jackpot plot: I'm suspecting that Mephisto split MJ's personality into 2 different people: MJ's flirtacious side/wild side (Jack Pot) and the rest of her personality into the MJ from the party at the end of OMD. That way, she's incomplete personality wise, and Peter will never fall completely in love w/ either MJ persona. Mysterio (Quentin Beck) will eventually come back to claim both of the MJ's half souls for Mephisto (I'm thinking she promised him her soul), causing Spider-Man to risk it all against Mysterio and Mephisto in a large climatic battle, featuring Spidey and Harry (As Menace?) teaming up to save the MJs. Harry is fatally wounded and promises Mephisto his soul if Peter and MJ can live and things can go back to the way they were for Pete and MJ (As well as Aunt May) before Civil War. Mephisto agrees and corrects J. Quesada's biggest mistake ever. Mysterio is also returned to the land of the living. I see those events happening in ASM # 600. Spidey later teams up in a Dr.Strange/Silver Surfer/Dr.Doom (Issues 223-225?) cross-over and winds up saving Harry's soul from Mephisto's realm in the process. He either passes on, or returns to the land of the living as well. "

I agree with that, but here's the issue Gobby, do you really think JQ's going to let that happen? He won't, and I wish that was the case, but it won't because JQ's a douche.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By gmanfromheck
    Avatar image for blue_lantern_2814
    Blue Lantern 2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe they are the same person, and it was set up so that Marvel could put Peter and MJ back together in case the fan reaction to OMD was more to the negative end than they would have liked?

Modi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Modi

gods im confused right now, Marvel better have a damn good explanation, and well to be honest i wish stan would go in punisher style and sort this all out.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By sora_thekey

I don't think is her well maybe a little bit I do but if i remember correctly I saw a picture of Jackpot with black hair. I don't know and i'm not sure. I boycotted Brand New Day anyway by not reading it.

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By zero edge

It could just be dyed black. She's been talking like MJ so I think it is her.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By gmanfromheck

Seems too easy. I think they're just messing with us. The real question is does MJ know Peter is Spidey? They've said it before a couple times that she was next door at Aunt Anna's when Peter found out Uncle Ben died. In all his grief, he just stormed out the window to go to the warehouse to get the burglar and ignored his spider-sense telling him someone (MJ) was watching.

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By zero edge

I do think she knows, but never was able to fully confirm it with Peter himself. Because she confesses that she knows he is Spider-Man just a bit before Peter tries to propose to her. He tells her everything and proposes. But now with BND, they say they got into a fight around that time I think and the marriage doesn't go through.

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Copy

To be honest I'm not sure. "Jackpot" or maybe Mary Jane (They can be two separate people) because in the recent spider-man comic she said that she had little invulerability. So, that got me thinking that she might not be Mj, and might be someone else. My gut says it's her but my mind is a little iffy with the invulerability thing.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By gmanfromheck

So if you're still reading Amazing Spider-Man you know that even Spidey suspects Jackpot is MJ. He asked her a couple times. In this week's issue he asks her what her name is, she tells him to say his name first. He replies "Flash Thompson." Jackpot hesitates and claims her real name is "Sarah Ehret."

Now, if it is MJ and she does know Spidey is Peter, obviously she wouldn't tell him her name when he said his was Flash. If it's not MJ, that name could still be fake. Next issue is supposed to have more secrets on her.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By warlock360

Maybe shes a skrull LOL

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24  Edited By Methos

MJ as a skrull...

nah, i'm not in the least bit surprised lol

M

Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Deathshroud

Methos says:

"MJ as a skrull... nah, i'm not in the least bit surprised lol M"

Yeah i said that before in one of the OMD threads . i said maybe she is a skrull . and thats what she whispered in Mephisto's ear on the end of OMD

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By zero edge

She tells Mephisto to turn her into a Skrull?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By gmanfromheck

I still like the idea that this is all a dream (since Peter woke up in Aunt May's place). I don't get how Marvel would think they could just rewrite everything and not worry about the effects on the rest of the Universe. I'm still waiting to see Norman's reaction about Harry. I don't understand why Harry would hate Spider-Man if everyone now knows that Norman is alive and crazy. Maybe this is all just a big April Fool's Day joke that will be revealed on Wednesday April 2nd.

Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Deathshroud

zero edge says:

"She tells Mephisto to turn her into a Skrull?"

Well thats what i suspected but ..you know know its just a theory

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By gmanfromheck

I don't really mind the new storyline. It's been good. I don't like how they came about doing it but I've found the issues entertaining.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30  Edited By Methos

G-Man says:

"I still like the idea that this is all a dream (since Peter woke up in Aunt May's place). I don't get how Marvel would think they could just rewrite everything and not worry about the effects on the rest of the Universe. I'm still waiting to see Norman's reaction about Harry. I don't understand why Harry would hate Spider-Man if everyone now knows that Norman is alive and crazy. Maybe this is all just a big April Fool's Day joke that will be revealed on Wednesday April 2nd."

lol, i'm sure you, along with a lot of other Spiderman fans are living in hope lol

M

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Copy

G-Man says:

"I don't really mind the new storyline. It's been good. I don't like how they came about doing it but I've found the issues entertaining."

Agree.

DMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#32  Edited By DMC
    Hobgoblins idea is similar to DarqueGuy's response in this Newsarama article

DarqueGuy wrote:

While I doubt they'd ever do it, to me the best reveal of Jackpot's identity would be Mary Jane from pre-BND...we have the BND Mary Jane who never married Peter and Jackpot, who is Mary Jane who somehow slipped through a crack in Mephisto's rewrite of Peter & MJ's lives.

This would be the best solution...cause MJ as a superhero would be pretty awsome. Too bad she had to alter the universe just to be one, but that wasn't her fault entirely.......whatever :)

But Hobgoblins idea ain't bad either

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.