Follow

Jackie Estacado

Character » Jackie Estacado appears in 471 issues.

Ex-Mafia hitman, Ex-Don of his own crime family and Ex-Dictator of a country; Jackie Estacado is the current wielder of the Darkness, an ancient force belonging to the triad of power encompassing the Darkness, the Witchblade, and the Angelus.

The Darkness Falls

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By Strider1992
    No Caption Provided

As we have known for a while the Darkness came to an end in The Darkness #116 to be followed by a mini-series called "The Darkness Falls". Things aren't looking good for Jackie it seems as though he is going to be killed off much to my dismay. Here is an interview with the current writer on the subject:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=44686

And Stjepan Sejic has given us a peak at some of the interiors pre-colored:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Darkness fans look away now!

No Caption Provided

Its a cruel world in which I get Peter Parker back only to have Jackie taken from me!! I wonder who the new Darkness will be.....

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@wyldsong@laflux I need a hug :((

There there. If I'm not mistaken a mini-series on Luther Strode starts later this year, so its 2 for 2.

2 for (Peter's back and Luther) 2 against (end of Scarlet Spider and The Darkness)

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Strider1992

@laflux: I was happy when you reminded me of Luther.........and then sad again when you reminded me about Scarlet Spider.....I'D JUST GOTTEN OVER THAT!

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By laflux

@laflux: I was happy when you reminded me of Luther.........and then sad again when you reminded me about Scarlet Spider.....I'D JUST GOTTEN OVER THAT!

Are there any future plans for Absolution?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Strider1992

@laflux: I think there's going to be a sequel god knows when though and Happy Kitty might be getting a solo was the last I heard.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Wyldsong

@strider92 said:

@wyldsong@laflux I need a hug :((

No Caption Provided

And yes, more Luther this year (which I finished the entire series to date, and am hooked), plus Pete will be back.

As for Jackie...yup, it is a bummer. It will lead into a story with the Angelus ascending, and I am sure we will eventually get the Darkness back, being a flagship title, and the fact that there should be another game, and movie stuff is in the works. We will see what happens, but I do feel you on being bummed out=(

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong: Do you reckon they will bring back Jackie or do you think we'll get a new Darkness host?

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Wyldsong

@wyldsong: Do you reckon they will bring back Jackie or do you think we'll get a new Darkness host?

Jackie is one of Ron Marz's favorite characters, and he is a bit of a driving force between his work on Witchblade and the Darkness. My bet is on Jackie's eventual return. Though, we have to see what happens with Hope as well.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Strider1992

@wyldsong: Any news on when the movie comes out? Last I heard it was in production.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong said:

@strider92 said:

Jackie is one of Ron Marz's favorite characters, and he is a bit of a driving force between his work on Witchblade and the Darkness. My bet is on Jackie's eventual return. Though, we have to see what happens with Hope as well.

Haven't heard anything yet, but there are rumors of a Witchblade/Darkness crossover flick.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong: I heard Ben Barnes might be being eyed for Jackie (to be fair the guy looks a LOT like him lol):

No Caption Provided

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92: He could probably actually pull the look off. He any good acting wise?

Comicos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Comicos

Guys as a question,a few actually:

- So this is the really final end of the Darkness,not the end like when Jackie died and came back in v2?

- All other comics will continue,Witchblade,Artifacts?Or what?

-Will the darkness eventually ben picked-up as it is the longest running series in top cow.

- Why couldn't they cancell any other series,not the darkness?

- When will Witchblade #182 come out?

So I'm actually sad.But if the darkness isn't going to get picked up(external link:http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=44686) What will I read?Witchblade,artifacts.I am,oh sorry I've ben A huge fan of Jackie and the darkness was my fav comic,I've read v1-v3 crossovers,first born everything and then THIS sad very sad.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.