LBCC '09: J.T. Krul (Fathom, Soulfire, Blackest Night Titans)

Posted by G-Man (32252 posts) - - Show Bio

J.T. Krul is such a nice a guy.  I mentioned that he really seems happy with what he's doing.  He's had the chance to take over the Aspen books (Fathom and Soulfire) and help bring them forward.  We also talked about his work on Blackest Night: Titans.  What is it like writing these dirty, scuzzy Black Lanterns?  J.T. Krul also has his own project coming out next year.  Check out what he has to say.

Staff Online
#1 Posted by Comiclove5 (1258 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm loving Blackest Night: Titans.
#2 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

Time to check out season 7 of Sienfield to find his cameo...

#3 Posted by G-Man (32252 posts) - - Show Bio
@Comiclove5: I agree.  I was worried the BN tie-ins would be just cheap gimmick ones but this one has been great.  Still surprised about Titans Tower but I guess it's not the first time.
Staff Online
#4 Posted by Comiclove5 (1258 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man:
Yeah, true it has been a surprisingly great series.
#5 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol at JT Krul, best Titans writer to do more than a one shot since Johns. 

Which you know, isn't saying much but still.  Wouldn't terribly mind him them giving him a more permanent position with the book.
#6 Posted by Moomin123 (2205 posts) - - Show Bio
@Comiclove5 said:
"I'm loving Blackest Night: Titans. "

Me too, I don't even read the normal Titans comics and I still think it's cool.
#7 Edited by Suigetsu (1720 posts) - - Show Bio

meh... I am gonna be honest with you. I think that Krull its not the correct writter for Fathom. 
Since vol.1 Fathom scucks...  Krulls fathom sucks... it looks more like a fanfic wich is trying to tie all the loose ends, without creating new stuff.

Aspen comics depends on the gigs for colouring covers and on the art of Mike and peter steigerwald, without them the company is in trouble.

those are my 2 cents.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.