Follow

J. Scott Campbell

Person » J. Scott Campbell is credited in 715 issues.

Artist that co-created and popularized the series Gen13. Creator of Danger Girl and has been highly praised for his work on The Amazing Spider-Man. Campbell has worked for Image, DC and Marvel. His Fairy Tale Fantasy prints are highly sought after.

just got through Danger Girl #1-7, again, and loved it

salarymanjam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

Edited By salarymanjam

I remember when Danger Girl first came out and I was 16 and in awe of J Scott Campbell's style. I am not ashamed to admit that his depictions of women, whilst grossly exaggerated, are totally and utterly hot and stunning. At the time, with most male or female superheroes (that I read) almost stationary in terms of their style and look, JSC's style just popped out at me. Thank you J Scott Campbell. I was so thrilled at the #0 and #1, I bought several limited editions.

As I got back into these this weekend, I really wanted to check how much comicvine members had dedicated to adding to the Danger Girl pages, but it wasn't much. All the main characters are there, which is great, but there's no descriptions. I took the time to write up the first volume #1-7 so please take a look and add more if you can.

If we dedicate some more time to these pages, it might just be enough that JSC gets his interior work started again. I was watching an interview with Babs and Campbell the other day, and it sounds like he is burnt out of drawing Danger Girl, which is fine. But, he also said that he is sticking to covers for the moment.

Anyway, five stars to the series and I hope there is some sort of continuation when he has the time.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.