Follow

J. Michael Straczynski

Person » J. Michael Straczynski is credited in 791 issues.

J. Michael Straczynski is an American born writer. He is the Creator of Babylon 5. Straczynski's work at Marvel includes Amazing Spider-man, Fantastic Four & Squadron Supreme. His work at DC includes Superman, Wonder Woman, the Superman: Earth One books, and Before Watchmen: Nite Owl, Dr. Manhattan, and Moloch.

J. Michael Straczynski Prepares to Enter the Twilight Zone

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    No Caption Provided

The Twilight Zone as a comic might seem a little odd at first. After thinking about it, it's a great idea. The original show was all about the stories being told. That's exactly what we could get here. Dynamite Entertainment has announced they have signed a deal with CBS Consumer Products to create new stories and have signed J. Michael Straczynski to write them.

"One of the most deeply satisfying and creatively exciting experiences I've had in 25 years of writing for television and film was my stint on the new Twilight Zone television series," says Straczynski. "I've been a fan of the original series since I was tall enough to reach for the TV tuner. So I was profoundly excited when Nick Barrucci came to me with the possibility of doing the new Twilight Zone comic to come out from Dynamite."

Too often comics can fall into the same rut. Having a comic series focusing on the story aspect is a great idea. Millions of viewers tuned into the show and it's still regarded as a unique television series.

No Caption Provided

Straczynski also said the following:

"The immediate creative question to be resolved was: how do you transplant or adapt the TV anthology format into comic form? Individual stand-alone issues don't give the issue-to-issue continuity you need to consistently bring in modern readers, and if it's a year long arc, it's not an anthology. The solution: three four-issue arcs that are connected by theme, character, and location... so that in reading one arc you get one side of the story, with its own supernatural or science-fiction elements, then you turn the character around to another character in that sequence who has his or her own story for the next four issues... and then at the end, you connect all of these individual stories into one overlapping tapestry, so you could literally view the book as individual stories as initially published, or layer the pages to create one big story. It's a cool structure that I'm not sure has been attempted before, so this will be an awful lot of fun. I'm very excited to be working with Nick and his team on this book, and hope folks will check out the books when they come out."

We'll have to wait for more information to find out when this will be released.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Whaaa?? I'm entering another dimension, not of sight or sound...but of joy!!!

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Twilight Zone would work perfectly in the comic book format.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I've been a Twilight Zone fan since I was a toddler. To take the sting outta being born on X-mas I was always reminded I shared a birthday with Rod Serling. Dynamite has made a lot of big announcement lately. But for me this is the biggest.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#5  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

All I ask is that they do a Rod Serling cameo...

then it would be perfectly awesome...

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

If it's black and white it's an instant pull for me. Otherwise... it's prolly still an instant pull. The show was the first thing I added to my que in Netflix.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Now all we need is a Twin Peaks comic

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

To be honest i hope they do the classic series justice.

Avatar image for g_money_christmas
    G_Money_Christmas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Never watched more than a couple episodes of the show but I think I'll pick it up. Any indication of a release?

Same with the new X-Files I'd only ever seen a couple episodes but I picked up #1 and now I'm on Season 5 on DVD

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

Dynamite is on a role!

Jonny_Rogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Comic books and the Twilight Zone.

Could anything be any more awesome?

Jonny_Rogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Well they've certainly unlocked the door with their key of imagination.

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Dabee

Ooh.... should be good. Really good. Just so much good news has been coming after more good news in the world of comics lately.

Avatar image for manwithoutshame
    manwithoutshame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm so excited for this now.

Avatar image for untioutilly1984
    Untioutilly1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

as Francis implied I'm amazed that a mother can make $8615 in a few weeks on the internet. did you see this webpage www.Bar40.com

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
    superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

never saw twilight zone

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

....%$#@ YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! That's all I can say bout this! JMS and Twilight Zone...two of my favorite things!

lars_maximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

"The solution: three four-issue arcs that are connected by theme, character, and location... so that in reading one arc you get one side of the story, with its own supernatural or science-fiction elements, then you turn the character around to another character in that sequence who has his or her own story for the next four issues... and then at the end, you connect all of these individual stories into one overlapping tapestry, so you could literally view the book as individual stories as initially published, or layer the pages to create one big story."
    When I read this I immediately envisioned scenes out of Higurashi ni naku koro ni, which did that concept to confusing and badazz effect in anime.
    Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nice tz always had the creepiest, weirdest stories

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.