Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    No Caption Provided

Note: There may be spoilers in this review

Recap

On this week's episode of iZombie, Ravi and Liv are stuck in the middle of nowhere waiting for an extraction. Liv gets a phone call and finds one of her friends, Holly was in a skydiving accident. Liv realizes the extraction point she is at is for her dead friend. One of the skydivers comes up and tells them there may be foul play involved.

Major heads to the station and talks to Clive.Major is trying to find his friend who disappeared... he was taken by Blaine.

Back at the coroner's office, Liv prepares to eat some brains in order to find out what really happened to Holly. The next morning, Liv discovers a video Holly posted from days before and has a vision of someone close to her.

Liv gets the thirst for adventure because she ate Holly's brains, so she bike rides down some stairs in the rain. She heads to the police station and walks into the interrogation room, where Clive is talking to Lowell. Liv wants to know about the events before the jump day. Clive finds out all the footage from the jump was destroyed.

Clive and Liv continue talking to people involved in the jump. They get lots of different information from various people and find Carson, the face of this company, was sleeping with Holly, but Liv knows that Carson was sleeping with a man, Ren, and Holly caught him. Liv finds Holly had a drug in her system before the jump and tells Clive.

Liv meets Major at the funeral, which feels a lot more like a wine party. It's at Carson's place and Liv goes through the house looking for clues. She has a vision. She then finds a prescription pad and has Ravi look for pharmacies that have gives out meds with that prescription. Liv gets caught by Lowell and has a drink with the guy. The guy hands her a drink and she says it's hot. Lowell says "perks of dating a zombie." Uh oh. He knew the moment he say Liv. He's a zombie too, but he dyes his hair. They discuss their "full-on zombie mode." Lowell says he went into full on zombie mode and had Holly jump first so he wouldn't hurt her. He then ran off.

Clive is on the streets looking for Jerome, Major's friend. The kid he's questioning says lots of people are disappearing. He shows Cliff a board of missing people. Liv heads back to the office and talks to Ravi about Lowell.

Clive questions Carson about Holly, saying that he knows Carson picked up GHB before the jump. They realize Eliza is behind it all. However, she is gone and there's nothing they can do.

Clive talks to his boss about Jerome missing. He says there are over 60 missing reports that no one is looking into. His boss is pissed and says he should only deal with this when there's a body... His boss then puts hot sauce in his coffee because everyone is a zombie now.

Major is down where people go missing and sees the guy with Jerome's shoes on. The guy is tough and Major tries to fight him. The dude goes full zombie and beats him down.

Lowell visits Liv and brings her some spicy stuff as a gift.

No Caption Provided

Thoughts

Starting to feel the formula of the show pretty heavy here. Someone is dead, Liv eats their brain, they slowly collect clues to find out who killed the person, and the killer is revealed. It becomes very apparent here because this wasn't the most interesting of stories. It moves slowly and is a bit uninteresting compared to what else this show has offered its viewers.

It's a real bummer that they don't catch the bad guy (girl) here. It feels anti-climactic and hopefully, this continues forward.

Please don't tell me there's funerals/memorials like this, with smooth jazz playing and people drinking spritzers. It feels very unrealistic, unless that's what funerals are like in Hollywood.

Everyone is a zombie now? There's a lot more zombies and at first, I was really against this, but the idea of a secret zombie army (or not so army) growing is pretty cool, since Blaine, who wasn't in this episode, is the brain dealer for everyone. This episode helps build on the Blaine storyline without focusing on it too much, which is a really interesting way to develop that story.

We get to see Liv start to develop a relationship with Lowell. It's cute and fun and something I hope continues to move forward as the season progresses. In addition, Clive develops more as a character as he pushes to help figure out where all these missing people are going. He really wants to make a difference, even though his zombie boss isn't having it.

All-in-all, this episode builds on a lot for the overall season, but it was just ok. It feels really formulaic and the "cute" factor of the show can be a bit much to handle. It's still fun and there is a lot of good here, but this episode doesn't live up to the rest of the season so far. We'll see where this goes in the upcoming weeks.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Where are all the Daredevil reviews?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By SaintWildcard

Real talk though, sad to see it get 3 stars. I'll have to judge it for myself tomorrow morning

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 45

I can't argue with any points made in the review here but I'd probably bump it to four stars simply based on how much fun the show is. Call it a reviewer's tilt or bias. Either way, part of my judgment has to be made from pure enjoyment and I still really enjoyed this episode.

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@syncig: I agree. This is such a fun show to watch.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5 the_stegman  Moderator

I'm starting to fall in love with Liv Moore.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#6  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

This is a great fun show

~MiB

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 inferiorego  Staff

We're doing it in two parts

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/the-first-half-of-daredevil-delivers-greatness/1100-151954/

ForeverMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

This show definitely suffers from its repetitive formula. Each episode is a different crime, eat a brain, have a couple red herring visions and solve the case before the credits roll.

I hope the ongoing story of the missing people and secret zombie(s) continues to develop and make this show more interesting. Its not bad, but among the glut of comic based shows it definitely falls well short of the top rung.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard said:

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/the-first-half-of-daredevil-delivers-greatness/1100-151954/

I probably should have made that comment more douchey so it could be obvious that I was joking. DIdn't care for DD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, I just hate all these DCTV bashing coments

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 inferiorego  Staff

@inferiorego said:

@saint_wildcard said:

I probably should have made that comment more douchey so it could be obvious that I was joking. DIdn't care for DD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, I just hate all these DCTV bashing coments

I hate everyone comparing DD to everything else. Everything is a separate show. However, you can compare Arrow and Flash, since they're in a similar universe. Sure, there's similarities in tone between DD and Arrow, but there's also restrictions to what Arrow can show and do because of the CW.

This is the first episode of iZombie I was just "meh" with. It really is a fun and cute series that delivers smiles... Few shows delivers smiles now-a-days (aside from Flash that is)

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By goonage

I really enjoyed this episode (I think so far all the episodes have been fun and decent except the fourth one.). Four stars from me.

I really really really really want Lowell to turn out to be a good guy. I think it'd be fun to see the perspective of another "good" zombie (unlike another show, *cough*Flash-all-other-metahumans-are-evil*cough.)

EDIT: I just realized my comment about Flash is kind of hypocritical, but I regret nothing.

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I would have given it a 4

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.