Italian Characters in Comics

#1 Posted by Cryo-Wolf (12662 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, before you start, I'm just curious. I'm not trying to prove a point, I simply don't know. Are there any Italian characters in Comics?

Ok, so I've thought of Jackie Estacado off the top of my head, but I don't know of any others....help?

#2 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Not to burn on your parade by the Estacado's were spanish lol

Jackie only god 'adopted' by an italian family :D

M

#3 Posted by Cryo-Wolf (12662 posts) - - Show Bio

gasp

oh well....but I still don't know of any others. I'm seriously not trying to prove a point, but I'm italian and I was wondering if there were any.

#4 Posted by CanadianWolverine (417 posts) - - Show Bio

Does Leonardo Davinci or a even a roman centurion get any play as a character in comics? I think I am totally stumped to think of a Italian character short of a mobster in a Batman comic or something.

I am interested to see what others know too.

#5 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

um, there probably are...

i just can't think of any at the moment

M

#6 Posted by Cryo-Wolf (12662 posts) - - Show Bio

ok, thanks to the List of Marvel Characters by Country, I have come up with these:

Belasco, Contessa Valentina Allegra de la Fontaine, Count Nefaria, Great Gambonnos, Madame Masque, Victoria Montesi, Silvermane, Suspiria, Tyrannus, Unus, Unuscione

Holy Crap, Belasco was Italian!?

#7 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

oh, Helena Bertalini?

Huntress from DC?

M

#8 Posted by Cryo-Wolf (12662 posts) - - Show Bio

There's one! Good Progress, people.

VIVA LA COMIC BOOKS!

#9 Posted by Superkitty (1086 posts) - - Show Bio

The cartoon Martin Mystery was based off the Italian comic book Martin Mystère.

Our library has about 35 books of Italian (language, and maybe nationality) comics (look in the PN6760-PN6769 area of your library to see what they have)

Or do you mean Italian characters in "popular" English speaking comics (DC, Marvel, etc.)?

#10 Posted by Cryo-Wolf (12662 posts) - - Show Bio

Both lol...any character.

#11 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know.
Post Edited:2007-08-24 15:04:52

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.