Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11205 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

Will War Machine Join the AVENGERS?

No_name_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By No_name_here

Will we see more of this hero?
     Will we see more of this hero?

While I was walking out of watching IRON MAN 2 earlier today, I was thinking that I’d definitely like to see more of War Machine and Black Widow on screen in the future.   While I don’t know if I’d want to see solo films for either them, I’d definitely like to see them in the AVENGERS movie. If you’ve seen IRON MAN 2, already, then you’ll know that the door is definitely being left open for that.

Obviously, the actors are usually the last ones to know about these sort of things. I remember Sam Jackson saying a while back that, even though he’d just signed a nine-picture-deal with Marvel, he wasn’t even sure if Nick Fury would be showing up in the THOR movie next year. All I can say that, as a fan, I’d like to see an Avengers movie line-up that consists of more than just Cap, Thor, Hulk and Iron Man. As an “industry observer”, though, I can easily foresee a lot of scheduling issues arising over trying to get this many actors to commit to so many movies. So it might be wise on Marvel’s part to allow for a little flexibility regarding the exact line-up. Hell, who knows… Rhodey’s already been Iron Man in the comics, maybe Don Cheadle could eventually assume the red and gold armor for the movies?

Anyway,  while he's dismissed the notion of a War Machine spin-off, it sounds like he’s interested in showing up in more of these Marvel movies. That is, if I’m reading his quotes at MTV news right…

"We've talked in loose terms about the possibility of another film, but not any specifics about what will happen, where they will be or what they'll be doing… I don't know if Rhodey stays in the military, how much latitude he really has — because you can't be independent and be in the chain of command… I wonder if that still will create a source of tension between the two of them, or if somehow he'll take a leave of absence ... or if he'll start walking the really dangerous, slippery slope that Tony Stark does."

-- Tom Pinchuk is the writer of UNIMAGINABLE for Arcana Comics and HYBRID BASTARDS! for Archaia. Pre-order the HYBRID BASTARDS! hardcover now on Amazon.com.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By sora_thekey

I would definitely love to see Black Widow in the Avengers, but War Machine...
    Not so sure, but it would be like having two Iron Men in the team... which, although there's nothing wrong with it, would be better on maybe the second movie...

Retnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Retnex

Hmm..

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3  Edited By InnerVenom123

War Machine was so awesome...

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Hellos

I could see myself enjoying them, though I'm not seeing do much other then cameos or participate in fights, unless the film is like 4 hours long. :P 

I'm thinking they for the most part should stick to their respected movie universes.    (Though I would imagine Black Widow much like Fury having important roles in the Avengers film)
    doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By doordoor123

My only problem with War Machine is that every other character would have a big story to tell but him. He would be out of the loop. I could see him being in Ironman 3 but im not so sure about the avengers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc7df6492da
    deactivated-5ffc7df6492da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 2

Well didn't Fury say that Stark shouldn't use the Iron Man armor on the Avengers so what about Rhodey he was Iron Man for a little while wasn't he?

SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By SevanGrim

the "consultant" idea leaves it open for Warmachine to be the teams Iron Man, but for Tony to step in at the end and help save the day from whoever their big bad is.
    ... ill bet almost anything that the finsihing move in  the final movie is gonna be a unabeam and a bolt of Thor lightning reflected off of caps shield into the big bad, a la Marvel Ultimate Alliance.

Avatar image for artisticneedham
    ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ArtisticNeedham

Maybe

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By DH69

war machine is f***win, but keep him the hell out of avengers

Real213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Real213

i think Sam Jackson is in thor, they are just keeping it quiet;)

leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By leokearon

War machine in the Avengers would be cool, I'm not sure about the Black Widow, she didn't impress me
    -Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By -Eclipse-
    @Grim said:
    " the "consultant" idea leaves it open for Warmachine to be the teams Iron Man, but for Tony to step in at the end and help save the day from whoever their big bad is. ... ill bet almost anything that the finsihing move in  the final movie is gonna be a unabeam and a bolt of Thor lightning reflected off of caps shield into the big bad, a la Marvel Ultimate Alliance. "
    I like this idea, the whole Rhodey being Iron Man for the Avengers, cause he's easier to work with that Stark. And Tony would hate being on the sidelines, so that'd give him a nice little bit of character development that the Avengers will probably be lacking as a whole
    Dark Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13  Edited By Dark Cell

Hell, who knows… Rhodey’s already been Iron Man in the comics, maybe Don Cheadle could eventually assume the red and gold armor for the movies?     

?? Downey Jr ftw? 

Robert is Tony Stark, The End...any questions?

The_Warlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By The_Warlord

War Machine would be awesome in the Avengers

goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By goldenkey
    @Real213 said:
    "i think Sam Jackson is in thor, they are just keeping it quiet;) "

I think it gonna be a differant cameo. 
    goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By goldenkey

For all those that saw Iron Man 2 there's scene that had Tony reading a report on himself by Black widow saying that they would only want him in a consultant role, not as Iron Man.  Good way to get Rhodey in the Armor and Stark on the sidelines in the movie.  Or if Downey gets to expensive because of the Iron Man success they can keep him out the movie, but I don't see that happening.  He'd be the biggest name in it
    Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By Moomin123

I could see Rhodey with the Avengers.

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#18  Edited By Caligula

he and black widow , better be in the avengers, and Hank and Janet, better be there too.

gui22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By gui22

Answer to the image:We will in Iron Man 3.

4Essence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By 4Essence

I think it's a practical step. to be honest, Avengers will be Marvel's biggest project in film to date,  and the people are gonna want some heroes to relate to.  
    I think Marvel might put him in there to give the African American community representation in the biggest superhero movie ever. This is just my thought. 

Unfortunately, there's no readily available heroes to rep us Latinos :(

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.