Will Iron Man 3 finally step up with villains?

#1 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

In the movies so far Cap has gone up against Red Skull, Hulk has fought Abomination and Thor fought Loki, Frost Giants and the Destroyer while Iron Man has been fighting Iron Monger who no one cared about before during or after the movie, some random drones and Whiplash/Dynamo so my question is will Iron Man finally fight someone who is in the league of the villains his fellow avengers have fought against. Don't get me wrong Iron Man 1 was probably the best of the Avengers build up movies but the villains are the serious weak point to the Iron Man series

#2 Posted by AweSam (7375 posts) - - Show Bio

Mandarin

#3 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7811 posts) - - Show Bio

#4 Posted by Zachattack1239 (110 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: I liked Iron Monger more than the majority of the other villains used in phase 1

#5 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam: Yes played by a half white half indian guy because that's somehow less offensive than an intelligent Chinese man. What I don't get, you can show a cheap Scottish guy in a kilt, A drunk Irishman or a Black Gangster in movies and not only will no one comment on the stereotypes in some cases they get high praise but god forbid you show a Chinese guy who wants to rule the world by outsmarting super geniuses because he happens to like old fashioned robes

#6 Posted by AweSam (7375 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

@AweSam: Yes played by a half white half indian guy because that's somehow less offensive than an intelligent Chinese man. What I don't get, you can show a cheap Scottish guy in a kilt, A drunk Irishman or a Black Gangster in movies and not only will no one comment on the stereotypes in some cases they get high praise but god forbid you show a Chinese guy who wants to rule the world by outsmarting super geniuses because he happens to like old fashioned robes

It's because Mandarin's good at math. 10 rings + 10 fingers = 10 rings on 10 fingers.

#7 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam: I see

#8 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Mandarin is pretty much the only Iron Man villain I really want to see in a movie, I could care less about these guys Coldblood or Firepower...

#9 Posted by War Killer (20184 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally I would like to see Living Laser, Spymaster, and/or Ghost. Living Laser would give us some good head-to-head superhero action, while with Spymaster or Ghost we still get some industrial espionage.

#10 Posted by Zachattack1239 (110 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlueLantern1995: The iron patriot rumors are confirmed to be untrue. It's the war machine armor with a paint job

#11 Posted by FuZySLiPeRz (71 posts) - - Show Bio

@Zachattack1239 said:

@BlueLantern1995: The iron patriot rumors are confirmed to be untrue. It's the war machine armor with a paint job

link of proof please :) i have to see!! i really dont want iron patriot in the movie

#13 Posted by Zachattack1239 (110 posts) - - Show Bio

@FuZySLiPeRz: oops, i forgot to tag you in that last post

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.