Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11210 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

Will Iron Man 3 finally step up with villains?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By joshmightbe

In the movies so far Cap has gone up against Red Skull, Hulk has fought Abomination and Thor fought Loki, Frost Giants and the Destroyer while Iron Man has been fighting Iron Monger who no one cared about before during or after the movie, some random drones and Whiplash/Dynamo so my question is will Iron Man finally fight someone who is in the league of the villains his fellow avengers have fought against. Don't get me wrong Iron Man 1 was probably the best of the Avengers build up movies but the villains are the serious weak point to the Iron Man series

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By AweSam

Mandarin

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

Zachattack1239

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Zachattack1239

@joshmightbe: I liked Iron Monger more than the majority of the other villains used in phase 1

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By joshmightbe

@AweSam: Yes played by a half white half indian guy because that's somehow less offensive than an intelligent Chinese man. What I don't get, you can show a cheap Scottish guy in a kilt, A drunk Irishman or a Black Gangster in movies and not only will no one comment on the stereotypes in some cases they get high praise but god forbid you show a Chinese guy who wants to rule the world by outsmarting super geniuses because he happens to like old fashioned robes

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AweSam

@joshmightbe said:

@AweSam: Yes played by a half white half indian guy because that's somehow less offensive than an intelligent Chinese man. What I don't get, you can show a cheap Scottish guy in a kilt, A drunk Irishman or a Black Gangster in movies and not only will no one comment on the stereotypes in some cases they get high praise but god forbid you show a Chinese guy who wants to rule the world by outsmarting super geniuses because he happens to like old fashioned robes

It's because Mandarin's good at math. 10 rings + 10 fingers = 10 rings on 10 fingers.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By joshmightbe

@AweSam: I see

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Video_Martian

Mandarin is pretty much the only Iron Man villain I really want to see in a movie, I could care less about these guys Coldblood or Firepower...

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#9  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Personally I would like to see Living Laser, Spymaster, and/or Ghost. Living Laser would give us some good head-to-head superhero action, while with Spymaster or Ghost we still get some industrial espionage.

Zachattack1239

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Zachattack1239

@BlueLantern1995: The iron patriot rumors are confirmed to be untrue. It's the war machine armor with a paint job

FuZySLiPeRz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FuZySLiPeRz

@Zachattack1239 said:

@BlueLantern1995: The iron patriot rumors are confirmed to be untrue. It's the war machine armor with a paint job

link of proof please :) i have to see!! i really dont want iron patriot in the movie

Zachattack1239

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Zachattack1239

@FuZySLiPeRz: oops, i forgot to tag you in that last post

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.