Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11205 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

Why do you like him?

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Eternal19

I was wondering why you like Iron man. Because I really dont understand how people can like him.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Blood1991

I really don't like these conversations and it isn't just Iron Man, but this comes up with alot of characters. I'm by know means an Iron man fan, but I do like his character. He is larger than life, he makes mistakes, he struggles with issues that even someone who isn't wealthy or as cocky as Tony can relate to. Plus he is a billionaire play boy, I can see why alot of people would want to be and like Tony Stark. I also see why people don't like him as well, but we like different things and I think having so many great comic characters is essential to fans, because we are all very different people with very different taste.

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
    Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Beard.

Man of Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Man of Lengend

@Blood1991 said:

I really don't like these conversations and it isn't just Iron Man, but this comes up with alot of characters. I'm by know means an Iron man fan, but I do like his character. He is larger than life, he makes mistakes, he struggles with issues that even someone who isn't wealthy or as cocky as Tony can relate to. Plus he is a billionaire play boy, I can see why alot of people would want to be and like Tony Stark. I also see why people don't like him as well, but we like different things and I think having so many great comic characters is essential to fans, because we are all very different people with very different taste.

this....Why do people like Batman lol ? this could go on forever, but yes I like Iron man

Tony_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Tony_Shark

@Blood1991 said:

@Eternal19: Yep. Iron Man's battles are usually more complicated than everyone else's. He isn't just about charging against,his opponents, and destroying them, but about protecting his image, and choosing his battles. People aren't very smart. All it takes is the media to bring Tony's plans to build future down. He deals with international threats all the time, and it's not as simple as it might be.

He's all about leaving a legacy that'll take humankind further.

And living with the "mistakes", and choices he's had to make. He's one of the few heroes with a clear vision of what really needs to be done, and he's VERY misunderstood (Civil War lol).

The world ain't so simple, and Iron Man is definitely a character that portraits this.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By TDK_1997

Well his character was meant to be not very likeable but his attitude and the way he is is just plain awesome and is really interesting to me.His costume is awesome and the idea for such a character is outstanding.And also he has a beard and he is a billionare.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#7  Edited By BumpyBoo  Moderator

@Blood1991 said:

This. SO this.

selinaky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By selinaky

He's the loveable jerk.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JonSmith

Robert Downey Jr.

Galactic_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Galactic_Man

I don't see why people can like anyone. Nobody ever gives a full answer everytime I ask them why they like Batman. Why? Apparently cos he's Batman. Some can ask why others like Batman, and no matter how awesome Bruce Wayne is, it's hilarious to how people don't give a full answer yet they criticize any other characters. Why do people like Spider-Man? Everyone can relate to him, but some people (like Eternal19) won't.

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By GodDamnIronMan

He has hell lot of flaws no doubt...arrogance, alcoholic....etc

but he's not a Hypocrite...it's his flaws that made him famous(near reality personality)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.