Which Iron Man Movie Armor is Most Powerful?

#1 Posted by swordbrothers (52 posts) - - Show Bio

Which armor is most superior? This includes all armors including Iron Patriot and War Machine. List it in order if you can. Is there any other movie armor that you think is better?

#2 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty sure it's the Mark 7 - that's the heavy-duty combat suit.

#3 Edited by Tony_Shark (469 posts) - - Show Bio

It hard to tell since the Mark 42 was malfunctioning sometimes.

#4 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21749 posts) - - Show Bio

Mark 7 the suit he fought Thor with?

#5 Edited by Dextersinister (5999 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman said:

survived being hit by and pushed the turbine on the hellicarrier with.

#6 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman said:

That was the Mark VI, wasn't it? Mark VII was the one he picked up from his penthouse right before the Battle of Manhattan, when Loki punched him out the window and the suit flew out and caught him.

#7 Posted by Shavo (2061 posts) - - Show Bio

the last one obviously

#8 Edited by Dextersinister (5999 posts) - - Show Bio

@esquire said:

@dextersinister said:

@allstarsuperman said:

That was the Mark VI, wasn't it? Mark VII was the one he picked up from his penthouse right before the Battle of Manhattan, when Loki punched him out the window and the suit flew out and caught him.

Not sure if he replaced or repaired the one he fought Thor with, the best overall moment of power in my opinion was the Hellicarrier moment. I liked the way the street levelers in the film where reduced to button pressing duty with Cap there just to flip a few switches.

#9 Posted by nerdork (4038 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll go with the Mk VI. Fought Thor and repaired the Helicarrier. Though the Mk VII did take direct shots from the Chitauri's heavy weaponry, I feel his ability to hang with Thor was a more impressive feat for the Mk VI.

#10 Posted by MirrorWave4 (1099 posts) - - Show Bio

Well they were all easily blown up by missiles so there's no point in this.

#11 Posted by cfrehse (1004 posts) - - Show Bio

I say the mark 7. U can tell by looking at it that it was more armored. He took all the shots from the aliens and he lew through the giant worm. The mark 42 seemed more streamline but it was more durable than his other jarvis armors

#12 Edited by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7029 posts) - - Show Bio

The one he used in the Avengers.

#13 Posted by New_World_Order (13050 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by swordbrothers (52 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah Mark 42 was not that impressive. Though it was pretty cool in Iron Man 3 that Tony used the Mark 7 to travel meaning that it survived the Avengers battle. Mark VI also good---Blown up though!

#15 Posted by SlimJ87D (9679 posts) - - Show Bio

The Mark 7 used his wrist to align the suit onto his body. This was the suit he used to throw the nuke.

When the Mark 7 appeared, it was just a prototype.

The Mark 8 is actually the Mark 42 which was also a prototype. He was just researching a method on getting his suit to attach itself better than the Mark 7

@allstarsuperman said:

I believe that was the Mark 6. The Mark 6 was the only suit that was a final production of the previous Mark 1 through 5. It accomplished everything Mark 1 through 5 did and allowed him to tap into this new energy source that he created from a new element.

This was probably his strongest suit as it was not in prototype phase. Although I would argue the Mark 7 was pretty impressive and had a better range of artillary as he fought and defeated more things with it during the war in NYC.

#16 Edited by swordbrothers (52 posts) - - Show Bio

So the Mark 7 seems to be the one most people agree upon as most powerful. No one for the Mark 42---The newest model?

#17 Posted by ScottishWarlord (155 posts) - - Show Bio

Mark 1 FTW haha

#18 Posted by Shawnbaby (10641 posts) - - Show Bio

So the Mark 7 seems to be the one most people agree upon as most powerful. No one for the Mark 42---The newest model?

The Mark 42 was just a prototype...it wasn't Combat ready. The Mark 43 would likely have been the finalized version.

As for "Most Powerful"...there are 30+ Armours we haven't seen the full capabilities of. Some were probably specialized to be used against Specific Threats (Hulkbuster, Thorbuster, etc)...Some were probably designed for specific environments (Aquatic, Space).

Many of them were likely "More Powerful" than the Mark VII and Mark VIII in one way or another...but most of them were probably not as Versatile.

#19 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Mark 42 was merely a prototype and we were never given the chance to see it's full capabilities Having said that, I'd say Mark VII (armour used in final battle of Avengers) is the most powerful.

#20 Posted by Chibi_cute (4524 posts) - - Show Bio

MARK 1 IS THE BEST. AND THE STRONGEST

IT CAN TANK A NUKE WITHOUT SCRATCHING THE ARMOR.

#21 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1603 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony was in the Mark 6 in The Avengers up until the final battle, where he changed into the 7 after Loki threw him out of Stark Tower.

Seems like Marks 8-42 were only ever prototypes that didn't receive any decent amount of testing. If the others were as bad as Mark 42, which was glitching from the start of the movie to the very end, i'm gonna say its a toss up between the Mark 6 and 7, with 7 probably winning. It clearly has the most firepower out of all the other suits. Visually it looks slightly more armored than the 6, and it took quite a few hits during the final battle. It also has extra boosters to give it more speed, something none of the other suits showed.

#22 Posted by swordbrothers (52 posts) - - Show Bio

Also does anyone have any news if Robert Downey Jr. is returning to Iron Man 4 or Avengers 2? Will Iron Man return and by that I mean a man inside the suit not a remote control suit?

-Thanks

#23 Posted by Extremis (3344 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: yep Mk 7 for sure

Mk 42, on the otherhand, was a complete joke. Sorry to IM3 fans but I can't resist.

#24 Posted by Extremis (3344 posts) - - Show Bio

@swordbrothers: as of right now it's still up in the air. Last I heard he wants a crap-ton of money. And if you're not familiar with the crap-ton form of monetary measurement, let me assure you it's a shit ton!

#25 Posted by ShadowX (1218 posts) - - Show Bio

@extremis: its actually the opposite. He is trying to lower his salary and raise the salary of his co workers, since he feels the gap was unfair.

#26 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably mark 7, the rest were all speciality armors.

Personally i seriously hope the Blu-ray has an armory feature like the first movie did, would love to see all 43 of the armors.

#27 Edited by Extremis (3344 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowx: what are you his publicist?

He's asking for more, as are the rest of his cast mates. Maybe if he wouldn't ask for so much then money could open up for his colleagues. It's hypocritical for him to say he's unhappy with what they make when he's the one pressing the issue, asking for $100 million and a 2 film deal. Not to mention he gets 7% of the Box office take.

So no. He's not asking for less.

http://m.thespec.com/whatson-story/2874581-robert-downey-jr-wants-mega-millions-for-two-sequels-to-the-avengers/

#28 Posted by Extremis (3344 posts) - - Show Bio

How could I forget the Mk 5 suitcase armor? My absolute favorite!

#29 Posted by SavageDragon (2252 posts) - - Show Bio

#30 Posted by tylertothemax (89 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by tylertothemax (89 posts) - - Show Bio

@dextersinister: What about the big blue suit that the movie showed? I thought that was supposed the be the Hulk Buster suit, the Mark 38 I think.
I would think that the Hulk Buster would be the strongest.

#32 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@extremis said:

It's my favorite after the Mark 7 - it's a damn shame we never got to see it again. The best part about the suitcase armor were the colors - Silver Centurion reference ftw!

@dextersinister:

What about the big blue suit that the movie showed? I thought that was supposed the be the Hulk Buster suit, the Mark 38 I think.

That unit was actually designed for heavy-lifting, as I recall - it wasn't technically a Hulkbuster suit.

#33 Posted by Extremis (3344 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: yeah I love silver centurion armor from the older issues

#34 Posted by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio

I have no idea why Thor is being mentioned when the guy was cleaving through the armor with his finger tips and over-powering it's propulsion with a squat off the hill.

One bear hug and that fight would have ended badly for Stark. Either way the Mark 7 is the most potent suit thus far - the suits after were for the most part prototypes - most of which not even designed for combat in mind.

@veshark said:

@extremis said:

It's my favorite after the Mark 7 - it's a damn shame we never got to see it again. The best part about the suitcase armor were the colors - Silver Centurion reference ftw!

He's had no issue rebuilding his prototype armor after Rhodes nabbed it - so never doesn't quite seem all that distant.

#35 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@isaac_clarke

You never know, I suppose, but I'd like to see that suit in combat one more time.

#36 Posted by w0nd (3287 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

@extremis said:

@tylertothemax said:

@dextersinister:

What about the big blue suit that the movie showed? I thought that was supposed the be the Hulk Buster suit, the Mark 38 I think.

That unit was actually designed for heavy-lifting, as I recall - it wasn't technically a Hulkbuster suit.

I liked Igor he was cool. If the suitcase armor made you giddy how did you feel about the actual silver centurion armor when it was displayed.

#37 Posted by Extremis (3344 posts) - - Show Bio

@w0nd: it was pretty cool. Except for it wasn't showcased how I would have liked. It was destroyed and Tony was out of the suit just as soon as it appeared. But that was a perpetual problem with every suit from IM3.

#38 Edited by swordbrothers (52 posts) - - Show Bio

Here are all the suits:

#39 Edited by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

If Stark can put enough time into the 42nd armor to a full model (instead of a prototype), I think it could be pretty powerful.

#40 Posted by Novemberx2 (433 posts) - - Show Bio

defo wasn't the mark 42... that armor was a joke

the answer is the mark 7 (Avengers armor) because it appears in practice to the most useful, followed by the mark 3, and the mark 6,

#41 Posted by tylertothemax (89 posts) - - Show Bio

@swordbrothers: yeah, thats more like it. I knew OP didnt have near the correct amount.

#42 Posted by swordbrothers (52 posts) - - Show Bio

@tylertothemax

I am the OP. :)

Still think mark 7.

#43 Posted by PunyParker (9831 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked Mark 42,visually,cause it sucked in-use.

#44 Edited by jranania (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Here are all the suits:

Can anyone tell me where I can find this? I'd love the poster, or at least be able to find a webpage where you can look a little more closely at the different armors. This is the kind of armor inventory picture I've been looking for for a long time. There are so many different suits that this is the only way to be able to keep them all straight!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.