Where to start?

#1 Posted by ruisu1221 (10 posts) - - Show Bio

I have decided to get into the Iron Man comics due to the amazing Iron Man movies..I just saw 3 so I am really pumped to dive into his comics...question is..where do I start?

#2 Posted by lewismcgregor (78 posts) - - Show Bio

@ruisu1221: It depends on what you are after. If you want to go back through all of the printed history then Wikipedia is actually a good source of information for finding the names of collected editions and the issues that are collected within the TPB. If you want to start reading a more recent publication and be part of a monthly subscription then you're in luck as marvel recently relaunched (to some extent) a lot of their titles and you won't have far to go back on. The first Marvel NOW Iron Man book is here - Believe.

#3 Posted by tupiaz (2214 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know much about recent stories.

However Extremis and Iron Man by Joe Quesada is pretty self containded. The latter defffently does more for the Iron Mythos than the first one.

#4 Posted by TheTrollDance (186 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm also a new Iron Man reader and in my opinion the best way to get into the character is to read Extremis, followed by Matt Fraction's incredible run (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Invincible_Iron_Man). You should also read Secret Invasion before reading World's Most Wanted, and Fear Itself alongside, well, Fear Itself. I haven't read any of the Marvel NOW stuff, but from what I've heard it's mediocre at best. Iron Man by Joe Quesada seems great, too, though I haven't read it yet.

#5 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

go with the essentials if you can find them. if not just pick one issue and read.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.