where do i start with iron man comics?

#1 Posted by harleenquinzel10 (35 posts) - - Show Bio

i bought an iron man comic over the summer, and it was a complete flop. anyone have suggestions?
#2 Posted by gambit987 (1275 posts) - - Show Bio

Invincible Iron man vol 1 by Matt Fraction (5 nightmares) then the rest of the volumes.

#3 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio

what gambit987 said, you should also check out some of the stad alone storys like iron man the end and iron man vs whiplash

#4 Posted by Benuben (230 posts) - - Show Bio
@harleenquinzel10:
Iron Man: Extremis. That comic is perfect story for someone, who wants begin with Iron Man comics.
#5 Posted by avengpymhawk (371 posts) - - Show Bio

To get a good feel for the character these are a must haves: Iron Man vol.1 32-35, 117-270. The newer stuff mostly concentrates on technology more than personality.
#6 Posted by harleenquinzel10 (35 posts) - - Show Bio
@gambit987:
thanks!
#7 Posted by gambit987 (1275 posts) - - Show Bio
@harleenquinzel10:  No thanks , Iron Man is very cool.
#8 Posted by Gylan Thomas (2727 posts) - - Show Bio

Extremis was pretty good.

#9 Posted by HarlequinKiss (441 posts) - - Show Bio

I bought a really bad one to start off on Iron Man comics this summer, it sucked hard! I didn't realize it but it meant to go with the first movie. It had nearly the same dialogue and picture frames as it did in the movie, only it was a little more chopped up and seemed to skip parts. The only thing I really got out of it was what happened in the background with the Avengers and a few pages from an old Iron Man comic that seemed to skip some important things. Thanks for posting this thread, I'll be benefiting from it too! haaha.

#10 Posted by harleenquinzel10 (35 posts) - - Show Bio
@HarlequinKiss:
your welcome! i was so lost too haha
#11 Posted by harleenquinzel10 (35 posts) - - Show Bio
@gambit987:
i know, i love him haha
#12 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio
@gambit987 said:
" Invincible Iron man vol 1 by Matt Fraction (5 nightmares) then the rest of the volumes. "
#13 Posted by Icon (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

I pretty much agree with what has been posted here already. 

For a trade I would go with Extremis. There is a new HC edition coming out later this month with the motion-comic adaptation included on DVD. 

For a volume I would start with the current series by Matt Fraction and Salvador Larroca, starting with the Five Nightmares arc and continuing on from there. 

And if you want some classic Iron Man then pick up Demon in a Bottle and/or Armor Wars. 

#14 Posted by bingbangboom (746 posts) - - Show Bio

if you have the iPhone/iPad app, I think the first issue is free or was free of Extremis

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.