Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11205 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

What would it be like: if Mandarin was in Iron Man 1&2

Avatar image for jokertheshining
    JokerTheShining

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JokerTheShining

To tell you the truth, a lot of the times, movies can ruin my interest to the story to the point I won't try to read the original novels, comic books. Fantastic Four's movies did their job and pretty much zeros my motives, drives to get to know the characters. Maybe except Silver Surfer and Dr. Doom. But see? I still haven't gotten to read any of their comic books.

Iron Man's movies didn't have a substantial villain that really binds the film well, Iron Man himself was portrayed as an very interesting character but his enemies was somehow lacking abit. I understand the origin story has to have a kick-starting villain that explains and carves the beginning for Iron Man. But the second film has no excuse on that department.

I just finish reading issue #500 of Iron Man where there's a story arch of how Stark failed to defeat Mandarin in the future, when Mandarin first came into the panel and it's the first time I saw this villain, long nails, wearing a robe, he looked like someone from a different time. With the same engineered arc reactor, heart device installed on his chest. He looked like someone from another time and was a tyrant who's talented at using people who has talents. A tyrant.

In this apocalyptic future scene, Tony Stark has a bunch of plugs with IV/cable cords hanging from him, everywhere. I imagined it must be a mind affecting device.

My guess is Tony was forced to built himself into a drone so Mandarin can use him properly. Mandarin also mentioned Tony is basically a mechanics who was there to do maintainance on the devices that's prolonging Mandarin's life.

Mandarin seems like one of the better villains Iron Man has. They really should have use him on the first movie. There must be some other great villains he has and I'm glad I jumped onto reading Iron Man.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.