What Keeps Iron Man Alive

#1 Posted by DarkKnight96000 (730 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony Stark created the Iron Man armor too keep himself alive, but seeing how he doesn't wear the armor all the time how does he keep himself alive when not wearing the armor?

#2 Posted by LT1085 (3658 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe you should read some ironman comics, or watch the movies.

#3 Posted by DarkKnight96000 (730 posts) - - Show Bio

What I meant to say was does he have a arc reactor in his chest like he does in the movie or does he have something else that keeps him alive in the comics?

#4 Posted by IAMtheHERO (362 posts) - - Show Bio

yes he also has an arc reactor in the comics or at least he used to

#5 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

By now, he had the stuff removed, I believe he now has an artificial heart... am I wrong?

#6 Posted by danhimself (22543 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 said:
" By now, he had the stuff removed, I believe he now has an artificial heart... am I wrong? "
he has the arc reactor back in his chest but it's not for his heart it's to keep his brain running
#7 Posted by War Killer (20205 posts) - - Show Bio

Originally in the comics, the first chest piece he wore in the comics kept the shrapnel from entering his heart and killing him, he would have to recharge this chest piece to keep himself from dying. He would spend years modifying this chest piece until medical science caught up with him and he was able to get the shrapnel out of his chest. After this he lived like a normal person, didn't need anything to keep himself alive. But in recent comics, Tony Stark erased his mind, more importantly he erased the part of his mind that told his body to breath, so he was basically brain dead. After his mind was rebooted, and an Arc Reactor was placed in his chest once more, but this chest piece is connected to his brain and told his body to breath and live.

#8 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

He hires people to clap.

#9 Posted by TylerLux (29 posts) - - Show Bio

Originally he wore the chest peace back in the 60's. Eventually they had the stuff removed and it was covered with artificial skin in Iron Man Volume 1. After that he was fine and they told him in the beginning not to push it too hard, but eventually he was fine. After the Extremis story line he just might be okay, but I cannot tell. But now he has had them out the R/T unit back into him and he uses it not for his heart, but to run his whole body. He runs on batteries and so does the Extremis. Does that help? 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.