What has been your favorite Iron Man story ?

#1 Posted by ComicCrazy (1537 posts) - - Show Bio

So what do you think is the best or your favorite Iron Man story ? thanks.

#2 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29500 posts) - - Show Bio

Without a doubt, "Extremis" and everything in "Invincible Iron Man" so far.

#3 Posted by ComicCrazy (1537 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 said:
"Without a doubt, "Extremis" and everything in "Invincible Iron Man" so far. "

Yeah I just got invincible iron man omnibus volume 1 from ebay today and it collects issues 1 to 19 so I will be reading a lot of that.
#4 Posted by Antiochus (34 posts) - - Show Bio

''The Five Nightmares'' is fairly fun.  It was probably one of the more effective rebirth of a character I have seen and it brings a lot of interesting new stuff to the table when it comes to other characters like Pepper Potts and eventually Maria Hill.

#5 Posted by Icemizer (181 posts) - - Show Bio

There is no doubt that the original Stane storyline 161-200 is the best Iron Man storyline yet written. There were a few small arcs written after this but none with the depth and scope of those issues.
#6 Posted by Zachattack1239 (110 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Armor wars 
2.  #280-291 
3. Demon in a bottle

#7 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

World's Most Wanted
Disassembled
Extremis

In no particular order, but World's Most Wanted really got me into liking Iron Man again after Civil War

#8 Posted by higher_evolutionary (2015 posts) - - Show Bio

any story where he gets his ass kicked

#9 Posted by Icon (2077 posts) - - Show Bio

The Five Nightmares

#10 Posted by fury714 (589 posts) - - Show Bio

Top 3 would be: 

World's most wanted 

Extremis 

Demon in a bottle 

Honorable mentions would be: Iron Monger and Doomquest :D 

Haven't read armor wars yet :(
#11 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio
@higher_evolutionary said:
any story where he gets his ass kicked
#12 Posted by Nudeviking (479 posts) - - Show Bio

The thread got a random bump from a spammer, but what the heck...

Demon In a Bottle is my favorite Iron Man tale of all time.

#13 Posted by TDK_1997 (14892 posts) - - Show Bio

World's Most Wanted maybe.

#14 Posted by ComicStooge (12790 posts) - - Show Bio

Extremis.

Also, Extremis was the first comicbook I ever read all the way through.

#15 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

Extremis, civil war and the confession, most of the stuff surrounding stark disassembled.

#16 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

For now? Extremis. Aside from Granov's photorealistic art and design sense, as well as Ellis' great concept of Tony being the 'test pilot for the future' and making him for the first time ever a futurist - the thing I like most about the story is the inherent 'realism' of it. In it, Tony with the armor really feels like he's piloting a wearable weapon, and in the clashes with Mallen, it's just straight up brawling. There's no witty banter - the combat feels more like how it would be in real life, intense with no time for comebacks. I thought it made the story all that more grounded in comparison to other IM comics.

But in truth, I haven't read that much of Iron Man. I'm still working my way through Fraction's run right now. I'm also a little ambivalent about picking up the older stuff like Armor Wars or Demon in a Bottle, mostly because I can be a little picky when it comes to older comics.

#17 Edited by Nathaniel_Christopher (1640 posts) - - Show Bio

Extremis was the storyline that got me into really reading Iron Man, but I like it's still a tie between Armor Wars and Demon in a Bottle.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.