Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11210 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

Watch the Opener to the Iron Man Anime!

• 60 results
    No_name_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By No_name_here
      But WHERE are the speedlines?
     But WHERE are the speedlines?
    Now, this is pretty surreal to witness. Tony Stark, Iron Man… an American superhero I’ve followed practically my whole life… reinterpreted through the lens of Japanese anime.  If you weren’t aware of Marvel Anime until today, it’s an international endeavor teaming the House of Ideas up with legendary Japanese animation studio Madhouse . These original feature-length toons will star the likes of Blade, Wolverine and the rest of the X-Men under the guidance of Warren Ellis (that British comics writer you might’ve heard of.) Iron Man’s the first out of the gate, just like he was for Marvel Studios’ features.   

Otaku Revolution got a sneak peak of the show, putting some key screenshots up as well as the animated opener, which roughly recaps shellhead’s origin as rendered in the movies. They weren’t particularly impressed with the first episode, but I’m going to reserve judgment until the show starts playing on G4 next year.   Why don’t you maniacs take a look at these pictures… == TEASER ==

And this video…       

… and decide for yourselves?

There’s more and more crossover between the worlds of anime/manga and comics, lately (I even just editorialized about it!)  Hell, Stan Lee just got his own anime, HEROMANand his own manga, ULTIMO, this year. There's enough crossover, in fact, that I'm wondering where Axel "Access" Asher and his mutli-dimensional cardboard box are. As a fan of both these areas of entertainment, the prospect of a more frequent rate of exchange between the two is pretty exciting. Actually, I hope this kind of things will get both fanbases to reach out to each other's pools of content - - some might act like they're oil and water, but they have a lot more in common than most fans want to admit. 

Tom Pinchuk’s the writer of  HYBRID BASTARDS! &   UNIMAGINABLE . Order them on Amazon   here   &     here .

Aeroman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Aeroman

can't wait it's going to be epic

goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By goldenkey

I was just thinking of these today. 
    countvontrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By countvontrey

This is cool. Anyone else think the anime version of Tony looks like Edward Norton?

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By damswedon

I erm "jumped through hoops" to see the first episode (just came out in Japan), and well I'm going to wait for a few more episodes to pass absolute judgement but it isn't so bad. It all depends on the Iron Man to Tony Stark ratio they have for me. 
    I think the show could do very good on American TV if they get the right Tony. 
    Edit: If a mod or staff member doesn't like what I put just say and i'll delete it.

churrific

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By churrific
    @countvontrey: Now I do.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6  Edited By InnerVenom123

EPIC.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I do not like Anime but, Opening makes me want to see this. Especially seeing Pepper there. 

devilmanex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By devilmanex

Wow thats freaking amazing...I feel the techniques used in anime just translate action waaaay better than american cartoons do.  When American comics get animated they should all use Japanse production for I think it would fit much better.  The Boondocks isn't considered anime but they use Japanese techniques and even though it isn't an action oriented cartoon the action scenes are way cooler than most other American action cartoons.  I really can't wait to see anything from the X men anime.

edit:  WHOA the whole first episode of this is up on Youtube!  check it out from related videos once the opening is over!

mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mavfan626

Everything should be done in anime!

Baddamdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10  Edited By Baddamdog

I've seen the first episode, the animations good, but the story is a tad boring :/

Jordanstine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jordanstine
    difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By difficlus

great stuff!

Avatar image for captaingenisvell
    CaptainGenisVell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CaptainGenisVell

I watched this online 2 days ago. I'm hoping for an english dub of it, though I would like it so the American characters are speaking english and the Japanase their own language, with each speaking vice versa depending on the scenario.

The story arc seems to be good, but I think it's each bad guy has armour once again derived from stark tech. Much like the animated adventures. Much prefer it to that and I've only seen one episode.

@Jordanstine:  
    No, the youtube link is the preview/teaser for the show. 
    The video in this article is the title sequence for the show.
    -Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By -Eclipse-

LOL 

All I could think of was this is Iron Man meets DBZ :P

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By Decept-O

Is this the same one that had been previously posted some time ago or is this another version?  Could swear I'd seen something similar featuring Marvel Anime.   

I am on the fence.  I like some Anime, esp. old school but also the Sci-Fi items.  It's not about being "cultured' etc., because I think there will always be a bit of a resistance to having American comics turning Japanese, turning Japanese I think so.  *ahem* 

However I don't mind if there are more versions of American comics, Anime included, it adds a nice mix.  Still I DON'T want them to be totally done in the Anime style.  Its a mixed bag but I'm receptive to different versions.  I just get annoyed because sometimes things get Lost in Translation from the Japanese ( and other countries/cultures) to the U.S.A. versions.   

As long as I don't see the Indian Superman movie version again I am golden!   ( It is on YouTube, too lazy to put it here). 
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Primmaster64

Now make a Spiderman anime.

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By MrMazz

im intersted i wana know what they are going to do story wise though casue i already know its going ot look good

Jordanstine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jordanstine
    @CaptainGenisVell said:

"
    I watched this online 2 days ago. I'm hoping for an english dub of it, though I would like it so the American characters are speaking english and the Japanase their own language, with each speaking vice versa depending on the scenario.

The story arc seems to be good, but I think it's each bad guy has armour once again derived from stark tech. Much like the animated adventures. Much prefer it to that and I've only seen one episode.

@Jordanstine:   No, the youtube link is the preview/teaser for the show.  The video in this article is the title sequence for the show. "

Thanks for the info. 

Now would be a good time to re-introduce this classic...  

X-MEN in ANIME

Part 1: 
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mf7hcRtZ1hs 

Part 2: 
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8HkDMht3d4    
    longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19  Edited By longbowhunter

I'm hoping this will be good.
    Om1kron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20  Edited By Om1kron

MADHOUSE!!!! I'M IN

Kid_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Kid_Zombie

Looks great! but the wolverine one looks horrible. 
    but ya this looks awesome.

devilmanex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By devilmanex

Just finished watching first episode and yes the animation is probably perfect for Iron man but the story was kind of weak and the pacing was slow.  Still enjoyed it.  It would of been cool if the new Avengers cartoon was done by a Japanese production company too.  Keep the American writers but bring in the Japanese art style.  I hate  how they look so disproportionate in the trailer for the new Avengers cartoon .  Anime haters usually say anime isn't realistic looking or what have you but if you compare Tony Stark out of armor and Ironman in the anime to both in the Earth's Mightiest Hero's Avenger's trailer it would be hard to HONESTLY say the later looks more realistic or even closer to the comic counterpart.  I stand firm behind when comics get animated use Japanese team.  Can't wait for any glimpse of the X men anime!

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#23  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

This looks Epic! ^_^

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#24  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt  Online

WHY!!!!!! 

Why Japan!!! 

why must you destroy all i hold dear!!!!!! 

just kidding but this seriously does not appeal to me
    ComicCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By ComicCrazy

I'm not a manga fan at all but this still might be something I like considering Iron Man is one of my favortie heroes.
    SnakeEyes327

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SnakeEyes327
    @DevilmanEX said:
    " Wow thats freaking amazing...I feel the techniques used in anime just translate action waaaay better than american cartoons do.  When American comics get animated they should all use Japanse production for I think it would fit much better.  The Boondocks isn't considered anime but they use Japanese techniques and even though it isn't an action oriented cartoon the action scenes are way cooler than most other American action cartoons.  I really can't wait to see anything from the X men anime.  edit:  WHOA the whole first episode of this is up on Youtube!  check it out from related videos once the opening is over! "
    Anime only tends to be good when the series is short. I've noticed that the more episodes a series has, the cheaper the animation is. I think this Iron Man anime might last about 12 episodes  but could be high quality all the way through. American cartoons, at least the older stuff ages so much better than anything out of Japan though.
    Bio Guyver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Bio Guyver

Gotham Knight and Halo Legends were done pretty well, so I'll be checking this out.
    GT-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By GT-Man

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm uhhhh hmmmmmmmmm
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By danhimself

I really want to watch these Marvel anime shows but the fact that they're broadcasting them in Japanese with English subtitles really turns me off

Avatar image for blueninjapanther
    blueninjapanther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By blueninjapanther

Video lokks awesome and music sounds awesome.
    bmbmustdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

#31  Edited By bmbmustdie

seeing jeph loeb's name makes me worry.
    devilmanex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By devilmanex
    @SnakeEyes327:  I agree that cheap anime that runs on forever definitely doesn't have the quality of OAV's and shorter series.  I do think even in the cheaper ones the fights are still more fluid and interesting than American cartoons.  I don't agree that American cartoons hold well in time though.  I rewatch Xmen and Spiderman when they come on and I have no clue how I watched it for anything but the story cuz the animation is atrocious.  If I put on some of my favorite anime from the 80's (Akira, Ninja Scroll, etc) they still look pretty good.

Just watched the 13 webisodes out for the Avengers cartoon and I stand corrected.  The first few were a little silly (especially Iron mans look) but the rest are just AWESOME.  EVERYONE should check out Marvel.com to see them.  I'm surprised how in depth they are going into each character's personal story.  Oct 20th can't come soon enough! I just wish they used this anime Ironman's design.  Ugghhh the one they have is so gross looking.  Everyone looks great (Hulk transformation will def please) but Ironman and Tony Stark just look weird
    NewCapA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By NewCapA

Make sense.  Robots, Giant Robots, People using robots as armor.  All of these are things that Japanese anime has been doing for years. Looking forward to it.

Rowen545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34  Edited By Rowen545

Completely and totally awesome

Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Bruce Vain

So is the other Iron Man show where he's a teen cancelled and this is it's replacement ?

DrBeardface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By DrBeardface

Anyone else think they should rename it Iron Manime?

DMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#37  Edited By DMC
    @Jordanstine said:
    " @CaptainGenisVell said:

"

@Jordanstine:   No, the youtube link is the preview/teaser for the show.  The video in this article is the title sequence for the show. "

Thanks for the info. 

Now would be a good time to re-introduce this classic...  

X-MEN in ANIME

Part 1: 
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mf7hcRtZ1hs 

Part 2: 
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8HkDMht3d4     "
    HOLY CRAP! Japanese X-Men? when did this come out and where can I see more?
    NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By NightFang3

Cool!

Comicgirl93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Comicgirl93

I'm not sure about this one! They already had an animated film which was awesome and they have this weird teen series of him now this?? :-o I'm just not sure! It could be cool or it could be dumb! I  just hope that it will be better then what I may presume! lol.

Zereta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Zereta

Have I died and gone to heaven? Iron Man Anime? That actually looks exciting? Oh my god.

Bushiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Bushiken

I'm pretty excited but also hope they don't make Tony fight some gigantic robots in the size of Gundams or Evangelions ;p

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ZombiePie

As I have said on Anime Vice Iron Man has Rod Blagojevich's hair...which I find really disorienting.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#43  Edited By cbishop

I've never really understood the need for existing comics and 'toons to have anime and manga versions.  America gets anime and manga, and doesn't seem concerned with transforming it to look like an American comic or cartoon.  Is Japan obsessed with seeing American properties as only manga/ anime?  What's the point of an Iron Man anime, when there's already IM cartoons?  Not griping about it - seriously asking.  Do the 'toons not sell in Japan, so they have to be turned into anime?

gambit987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#44  Edited By gambit987

It looks pretty cool but at the end the black iron man was that warmachine if he was the forgot his giant machinegun.

Argentino_18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Argentino_18

I liked the old trailer, with the redline look

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Eyz

Not my cup of tea.. I guess this will please younger fans :P

I prefer my animation more westerner.. (though I'm a huge fan of 80s/early90s animes)

Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
    saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By saiyan_earthling

Holy S@#t! I can hardly wait =)

dvorak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By dvorak

I'm thinking  this could be worthwhile. Maybe it will be like a reboot of the old Marvel Animated Universe.

Jayso4201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Jayso4201

when does it start? 
    Avatar image for freddy_mercurial
    Freddy.Mercurial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Freddy.Mercurial

i'm livin' in Tokyo & i saw the premier last Friday night...  The 1st ep was OK, but it has potential... The reinterpretation of ZODIAC could be interesting...  It works tho...  & looks so fresh!  i can dig it...  for now...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.