Unscripted: Iron Man 2

• 72 results
#1 Posted by Dek7264 (51 posts) - - Show Bio

Going to see this tonight. I hope it's even half as enjoyable as the first.
#2 Edited by The Devil Tiger (1263 posts) - - Show Bio

Going to see it Mondaaaaaay !!!

#3 Posted by Ranzor (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Saw it a week ago.. Loved it.

#4 Posted by KRYPTON (1891 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool

#5 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio

Saw it a week ago too.....it was cool but it didn't have so much action scenes as i would expected....at least it was funny...=]

#6 Posted by RomaTotti10 (80 posts) - - Show Bio

The first hour of the movie was absolutely great but then it started going down hill and the ending wasn't anything special. Overall I liked the movie, but it wasn't the best. 3.5 out of 5. 

#7 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84595 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked how they used John Slattery as Tony's old man.

#8 Posted by KRYPTON (1891 posts) - - Show Bio

You should do a video review for a game at giantbomb. That would be cool.

#9 Posted by Wizarda (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasn't it Ivan Vanko?

#10 Posted by jstarzyk (317 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Dr. Doom for Iron Man 3!

#11 Posted by The_Warlord (1777 posts) - - Show Bio

This movie was awesome!

#12 Posted by Aspenite (892 posts) - - Show Bio

I´m at the edge of my seat. Wanna see it now!!!

#13 Posted by capt. (10 posts) - - Show Bio
@jstarzyk:
 Dr.doom belongs to FOX
#14 Posted by NightFang (9904 posts) - - Show Bio
@jstarzyk said:
" I think Dr. Doom for Iron Man 3! "
             How would that work?
#15 Posted by VicRattlehead (41 posts) - - Show Bio

needa make this a regular feature or somthing... a video a week with tony and ryan... please
 the look he gives the camera after saying nobody likes video games is pure gold

the sammual l jackson with an eye patch thing is exactly what i said to my friend when we walked outta the movies last week and his eye patch looked really strange sitting on his face :/

#16 Posted by EisforExtinction (1909 posts) - - Show Bio

Ryan Davis: Review Machine!

#17 Posted by Verdensmesteren (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it just me or are the stereo channels reversed in this video? 

#18 Posted by strangeling (180 posts) - - Show Bio

Will be seeing it this Sunday, for Mother's Day with my Mom.  She's really looking forward to it. 

#19 Posted by Gobbos (5 posts) - - Show Bio
@capt. said:
" @jstarzyk:  Dr.doom belongs to FOX "

I think tou wanted to say "FOX belongs to DOOM !"

#20 Posted by blaakmawf (187 posts) - - Show Bio

Holy shit, he's right. No one likes video games. What have I been doing with my life? Who am I?

#21 Edited by .Mistress Redhead. (27083 posts) - - Show Bio

Can we get Ryan over here more!!! he is freaking hilarious!! 

I may have to go to GiantBomb now!

#22 Posted by jlat89 (317 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd see it again.  I thought it was really good.  There were some things that weren't but no movie is perfect. 

#23 Posted by Dark Klaw (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Great review!  Hopefully I get to see this in the next week or so, I really don't want to try my luck with getting in on It's opening days...

And by the way, what was going on with Ryan at 11:12?? LOL

#24 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio
@jstarzyk said:
"I think Dr. Doom for Iron Man 3! "

wouldn't that be just great.  A nice way to set it up for the Avengers.  Only problem.  Doesn't what ever company that has the rights to FF have the rights for Doom also.  Would make sense with Doom being all tech too. 
#25 Posted by Moomin123 (2205 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess a few of you don't know about what goes on after the credits.  
I'll give you a hint...Mjolnir.
#26 Posted by Gylan Thomas (2727 posts) - - Show Bio
@Moomin123 said:
" I guess a few of you don't know about what goes on after the credits.  I'll give you a hint...Mjolnir. "
That's not a hint. That's a spoiler.
#27 Posted by Gylan Thomas (2727 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by lostlantern13 (860 posts) - - Show Bio
@.Mistress Redhead. said:
"Can we get Ryan over here more!!! he is freaking hilarious!!  I may have to go to GiantBomb now! "

Completely agree. This Ryan/G-Man team really works well. 

I'm just surprised that G-Man didn't stump for Detroit Steel as the Iron Man 3 villain...he seems to love that guy.  

Sarcasm aside, bring on the Mandarin.
#29 Posted by Mr.Hulk_Smashin'! (2569 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to see it soon.

#30 Posted by sora_thekey (8153 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw it last week (twice)... The first time I saw it totally agreed with Tony... then the second time I saw it I agreed with Ryan...
But here's my review: http://bit.ly/aXujh4
Oh and yeah once the Avengers Movie is out all you can do is just keep making Avengers movies!

#31 Posted by Archetype (731 posts) - - Show Bio

I really enjoyed the movie.I completely agree with Tony and his assessment of the movie.I loved the armors every different one, I thought it was plenty now I don't want to say funny perhaps witty and very charming mostly due to Mr.Downy Jr.Action scenes were good and Scarlett's action scene was great.I also didn't like Sam as Fury here he was himself more so than Fury but I hope he can in the future be a bit more of a hardass and a little less of his humorous self because there was already plenty of humor in this movie so Fury and the Widow should have been a professional and straightforward contrast to Stark's witty nonchalant heroism.Overall a fun and successful comic book adaptation which I liked more than the first film and I also do not believe it suffered for having an ensemble cast, 4.5 out of 5 is a good score.

#32 Posted by LordAndrew (146 posts) - - Show Bio

I love hearing Ryan talk about comic book stuff. :)

#33 Posted by kennybaese (1100 posts) - - Show Bio

Well they set up the Mandarin in the first movie with the whole ten rings terrorist group thing right? So just have him go after Tony personally for Iron Man 3. You know, revenge and all that, and you could throw a little Zeke Stane in there too. Have the Mandarin go after him too because of his dad while Stane goes after Stark... It could be neat. 

Either way, they already kind of set up the Mandarin in the first movie and I dug the direction they were going with it, so I'd like to see them bring his character back. 

#34 Posted by ElJuano (98 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea 4.5 or a straight up 5 is totally what this movie deserves. Ryan, the Giant Bomb guest seems like one righteous dude, but I totally did not agree with his assessment of this movie. I'm actually pretty surprised there have been negative reviews of this flick. I've seen it a few times now and as a fanboy, I have to tip my hat at how well and entertaining this movie was... From start to finish!  I LOVED Dark Knight for the simple fact that it brought a SuperHero to the real world. This time around it felt like we were taken into the world of SuperHeroes. To me that is harder to pull off and this movie has done it with quite a big cast. I'm really looking forward to the Avengers movie and I hope it will be an epic one!! 

#35 Posted by sharky64 (72 posts) - - Show Bio

I am glad I saw this movie last week it was a lot of fun!!!!    
#36 Posted by Kid_Zombie (824 posts) - - Show Bio

Saw it at midnight last night, Loved it!

#37 Posted by Pez85 (205 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they did a great job of giving each of the main characters an almost equal amount of screen time (with the exception of Fury....but he DID get more of a role than in the first). I thought that the story and character growth was very well-balanced, along with the humour and the action. My only complaint is about what happens at the end of the film. I mean, I understand why they did it, but if....ugh, how to say this without spoilers....if the final movie in this "series" is supposed to be what it is, then I guess the third Iron Man movie is going to be more character-driven for Tony.

#38 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3549 posts) - - Show Bio

You can split a star. It's fission. If you can split an atom, you can split a star.

My biggest issue with this movie is that they  even showed the suitcase armor in the trailers and previews. I think it would be been better saved for the movie alone. It would of been just such a wild and cool moment that you wouldn't expect.

Wolverine Origins was "entertaining". Up to the point where Emma Frost was shown to be Silver Fox's sister. I still can't get over that.

I do not think they should go crazy for the third. That was the kind of behavior that they engaged in during the third Spider-man movie and that eventually led to the series death.

#39 Posted by -Eclipse- (7507 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm with G-man on this, I loved the movie, though Whiplash did get taken out extremely quickly for my tastes. I hope to see it again (maybe in IMAX, since I just discovered there's one of those things relatively nearby, lol) but I can't wait for the DVD so I can watch it over and over and over :P 

One of my favourite parts (if only because I was the only person in the cinema who laughed and it earned me some sighs from my non-nerdy friends) was the Captain America reference. It was awesome. 

On a somewhat related note, has anyone noticed that Ryan looks a lot like Tony Stark? Just imagine this movie with Ryan in the leading role... xP

#40 Posted by Kraznor (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Make Ryan Davis do more content like this! Wait, sorry, but yeah, agree with most of what was said. Samuel L Jackson maybe could have toned it down some, some of the action scenes were a little weak but it was generally a fun time.

#41 Edited by G'bandit (13689 posts) - - Show Bio

You know the Scene where Whiplash and Tony are talking? Am I the only one reminded of the Dark Knight right there? Interrogation scene etc

#42 Posted by G-Man (30657 posts) - - Show Bio
@walkingcarpet: 
I'd have to watch again and pay more attention but I heard that the dude that gave Whiplash the ticket to Monaco ticket was from the Ten Rings organization. Hmmm....
Staff
#43 Posted by Comiclove5 (1255 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gobbos said:
" @capt. said:
" @jstarzyk:  Dr.doom belongs to FOX "
 I think tou wanted to say "FOX belongs to DOOM !"  "

LMAO!
#44 Posted by kennybaese (1100 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man: That would make sense. Having the Mandarin kind of play Vanko off of Tony would be a cool reveal in IM3. I think it'd be cool to see sort of a Knightfall kind of thing go on in the third movie if this is the case. Have Mandarin sending all these dudes after Tony to weaken him before going for the kill himself. 
#45 Posted by HaloKing343 (1252 posts) - - Show Bio
@jstarzyk:
Disagreed. 

It should be the Mandarin
#46 Posted by grayrick949 (61 posts) - - Show Bio
@jstarzyk: 

Dr. Doom, had not thought of that not a bad idea
#47 Posted by jakob187 (998 posts) - - Show Bio
@ElJuano: Given that the first flick has a 93% on RottenTomatoes...and the new one is right around 56%...there's more than just a couple of negative reviews. 

I haven't seen the movie...and personally, I didn't like the first flick, so there's no ambition to see the new one.  However, I've found that me and Ryan typically have a similar opinion on many movies, so I will take his word for it and wait for DVD/Blu-Ray for this.
#48 Posted by ArtisticNeedham (2233 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked it, I thought it was good.  To me it was more like a glance at what Tony Stark's life has become, more than a movie.  It wasn't a beginning/middle/end type of thing, it was a full movie but it felt more like "lets check in with Mr. Stark and see how things are going."  It was like they created this world for him and when we are away he is still there living it.

Favreau had said once that the 3rd Iron Man film better be the Avengers.  But maybe it will be something different.  This film was sort of an adaptation of Demon in the Bottle.  Maybe the next one can be an adaptation of another Iron Man classic, like Armor Wars or something involving the Mandarin.  I like the idea I heard some place where the Mandarin is this Anti Technology terrorist.  That would be cool.

There were a few scene, like

But the scenes where I question things are few and don't really bother me too much, not enough to get in the way of the movie.

I agree with Tony here, out of 4/5 or something like that.  I liked it, not the best but far from the worst and I would pay to see it again.
#49 Posted by Secret Identity (223 posts) - - Show Bio

Very good film. Your comments on Fury were spot on and that was my biggest problem with the fim. Seconded by the pointlessness of the Black Widow corridor scene. Don't get me wrong, it was cool but it was pointless and pretty much went nowhere. The best things about the film? Stark, Happy, Vanko and Rhody. The suits were cool but the film was made by the character interactions and not the fight scenes.  

A lot like the first one in terms of quality. Better, more even pacing. A few niggles but very good otherwise.

#50 Posted by War Killer (19992 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't want to spoil the movie for those who haven't seen it yet, but I still want to talk about the movie with other fans (so if you don't want to be spoiled: DON'T READ ANYTHING PAST THIS) That is my only warning :P

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.