Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11209 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

Unscripted: Invincible Iron Man #25

Scoobypuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Scoobypuff

great vid guys

i totally agree with you.

The_Warlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By The_Warlord

G-Man! I'm diggin the suit you're wearing

Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Icon

I'm not a fan of the whole "Tony doesn't remember Civil War" thing. Whether people agreed or not, he took a major stand in that conflict and he stood for something (even though his methods were rather heavy handed) and I feel like that has been sacrificed in order to make the character more palatable for new readers by wiping the slate clean.  

I agree though, as a good jumping on point for new readers it is a successful issue. 

Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Gylan Thomas

Don't much like the new armour.

lostlantern13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 162

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By lostlantern13

G-Man and I are on the same wavelength regarding Detroit Steel. Dude's so cheesy. 

Good review guys!

Neverpraying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6  Edited By Neverpraying

That made little sense to me. lol

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By sora_thekey

Was whatever happened in Siege addressed in this?

Benzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8  Edited By Benzo

I really need to start reading Iron Man! :D

skaarason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By skaarason

i thought war machine was like a cyborg now ? 

TylerLux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TylerLux

Hey guys good review! But I gotta say I thought it deserved a 5 out of 5. It reminds me of when he had to rebuild his company after the Iron Monger and Silver Centurion fight. Which is still one of the greatest stories of all time. It is just cool to see Tony being a business man and trying to rebuild. Plus throwing the R/T unit back into the mix helps make him become the Iron Man I at least like the most. 

Namor1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By Namor1987

Has the Bleeding Edge armor made its debut yet

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#12  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I'll have to watch the video later. I thought the issue was good. Really like where they decided to go with stuff. People thought the Civil War thing would be dealt with by him being sorry and everyone being forgiving, I agree with Thor, I'm glad he's sticking to his guns (even if he doesn't know where he put them). It's still getting glossed over, but that was going to happen regardless, him not being sorry is good enough for me. I also like that they didn't turn him back into a guy who needs a suit (external pieces). I thought maybe they'd go that way because he was getting to be too good without the suit on, but again, this is better. He's going forward, that's what it's about. I also like that they didn't show it till the end, and that bit with Reed was good too. My only gripe probably isn't really a legit gripe, but I'm a fan, I don't have to be reasonable. The whole free energy, changing the future thing? WTF?! Wildcats 3.0 did this and did it better. Do you only get to be a futurist if you do it on the Tony Stark time table? Guess so. Sorry Jack Marlowe.

gordocomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By gordocomics

i loved this issue. the cover art is amazing and the story is great. i am really excited to see how they take it from here. this is going to be a whole new era of iron man. can't wait.

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14  Edited By doordoor123

Ive skimmed around invincible ironman every once in a while, but this is the first issue i could actually say ive "read". Im not so sure i like it, but im not going to drop it. I like this new direction of Tony, but hes always had really bad villians (which is why ive never really read it). We'll see where this goes.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FLStyle

I agree with the worry that in different comics with different writers that he won't be the same character that he's becoming now. I just hope there's no contradictions. The law needs to be be laid down, "This is what Tony Stark is like now, try to keep that in mind as you send him off his adventures with the Avengers."

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#16  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @sora_thekey said:

" Was whatever happened in Siege addressed in this? "

Don't want to spoil the story, but the part with Thor (in Oklahoma), which Tony and Babs mentioned, you do get a sense of where this story takes place (time wise), but the story really doesn't touch much on what happened during Siege other then that part I mentioned and one part with Maria Hill. Most of that will most likely be more focused on in the Avengers titles.

Great review you two! G-Man is rockin' a new suit as well, nice! xD
    FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FoxxFireArt

I'm going to see the Iron Man 2 movie, but for me. I separate the two characters completely. I don't even think about the standard Tony Stark as I watch the movies. Sort of along the lines of how the Ultimate Universe is different. It also doesn't hurt that the movies go with the Ultimate style Nick Fury.

I'm become well fed up with the standard Stark. The attempt to redeem him was also a cop out. It's basically just extremely convenient hat he created a copy of his memories, but just happen to leave out all the Civil War and on parts.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18  Edited By InnerVenom123

I may dislike Tony Stark, but I just can't help but love this book. That thing with his memories doesn't bother me much, either.

leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19  Edited By leokearon

So Justine Hammer finally decides to follow in Dad's footsteps instead of being a lame super villian
    lostlantern13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 162

#20  Edited By lostlantern13
    @sora_thekey:
    Not really. You want some "Siege" sneak peaks? Then check out (or avoid) Thunderbolts, New Avengers, and Mighty Avengers.
    Aspenite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By Aspenite

I´ll start reading Iron Man with this issue. Hopefully it will not disappoint.

Avatar image for freddy_mercurial
    Freddy.Mercurial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Freddy.Mercurial

Babs hit on a MAJOR point here which has really been botherin' me for a while now:  i don't get why everyone feels like Tony has to "redeem" himself to the side of the heroes community he opposed during Civil War...  Tony Stark made a conscious decision based on his beliefs & values...  Things didn't turn out the way he had envisioned, but that's life...  I don't know that we should be looking at the NEW Tony as a character seeking redemption, but as a character who made tough choices & will have to deal with the repercussions...  I don't particularly like him being painted as a guy who needs to make good with everyone because of a few controversial decisions/all around "douchey" behavior...  He's TONY STARKS people!  Why wouldn't the guy with no super powers believe that those with super powers should be held accountable & monitored for their actions whilst at work?  who would know better than him what they are capable of???  

i don't know, i think Starks did what he did & things didn't go as he had hoped, despite his best intentions, so now he's got to man up...  his behavior may not have always been the most dude, but still, no apologies required... 

greeneagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By greeneagle

Is it just me or could  Justine Hammer's daughter be Sasha, Ezekiel Stane's Girlfriend?

Kid_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Kid_Zombie
    @Icon said:

" I'm not a fan of the whole "Tony doesn't remember Civil War" thing. Whether people agreed or not, he took a major stand in that conflict and he stood for something (even though his methods were rather heavy handed) and I feel like that has been sacrificed in order to make the character more palatable for new readers by wiping the slate clean.   I agree though, as a good jumping on point for new readers it is a successful issue.  "

Agreed. I feel that this was a cop out. One thing I was looking forward to was the interactions with steve Rogers and Tony, and see what there relationship is like now, after Civil War. I was very,VERY looking forward to that, So i think its pretty shitty they did this and made it "it never happened". Disapointed. great issue though! ha ha
    goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By goldenkey

Coild have been worse, could have been Pittsburgh Steel.  I didn't like the new suit at first, but now I think it looks amazing.
    Midnightist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Midnightist

Personally as someone who hated the outcome of Civil War and a fan of Spider-Man I'm glad Tony got his reboot. It made him more bareable to read about and even though he's still the same person we've all seen how when u lose some memory u come back  a littler different and often better. As for Detroit Steel I'm from Detroit so I love the name lol

Golden Cod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Golden Cod
    @Midnightist said:
    " we've all seen how when u lose some memory u come back  a littler different and often better"

You deal with people experiencing memory loss on a regular basis?  
    Nomadic Sprite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Nomadic Sprite

Here's how I feel.  -
    I hated Iron Man from Civil War up to when Fraction started writing him. Fraction's run has been a retooling of Stark. The first arc was testing the water, doing some damage to him. The second destroyed him. The third restored him. The 4th is recreating Tony Stark for the next generation. It was done for Cap, Thor, Spider-Man (even if they botched him). What we're getting is the first issue of The Heroic Age, of course we're getting a cleaner, more likable Stark. We're getting one who's interested in fixing the world instead of making weapons and hoping everything'll work out.  

On the subject of Detroit Steel, he's supposed to be cheesy. You're not supposed to like him. This is Stark's competition at the beginning of The Heroic Age. Think about it. He's supposed to tower above them. 

Dipic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Dipic

They need a new colourist. Seriously, the guy they have on this book is terrible.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#30  Edited By The_Martian

I love this issue!

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    @Nobody said:
    " I love this issue! "
    Avatar image for the_devil_tiger
    The Devil Tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32  Edited By The Devil Tiger

He DOESN'T REMEMEBER CIVIL WAR ????  

How convenient...Now I remember why I don't buy Marvel stuff anymore...
    BillyFloyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BillyFloyd

Doing the rateing halfway is cool

Sir Duke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Sir Duke

I liked the whole Detroit Steel section.  The name, the color scheme, the whole sales pitch aspect of it, it really felt like they were selling a product rather than unveiling a supervillain like how these kind of things normally go.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#35  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

It was good, not as great as it has been of late but still very much worth a read. The Detroit Steel bit reminded me of Robocop when they are trying to sell those naff droid things off as the new big thing, good stuff.

logan48227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By logan48227
    @lostlantern13:
    I so agree with you and I'm from Detroit! lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.