Two New IRON MAN 2 TV Spots

Posted by No_name_here (1247 posts) - - Show Bio

See? Whiplash just executed that hot-rod with extreme prejudice.

Marvel announced Friday that IRON MAN 2 is “signed, sealed and delivered”, meaning that all work on the movie’s complete. I think they missed an opportunity for a more appropriate metaphor. Why not say that IRON MAN 2's been executed with extreme prejudice? That’s more dynamic and aggressive than comparing it to mailing a letter. I’m just saying, just saying…

“But…but… but what’s left?” you ask, in hushed tones.

Even though production’s done, RDJ, Favreau and all the cast and crew can look forward to a globetrotting press tour. Marvel Films’ president Kevin Feige must be running on proton-power, because he’s already on the way to New Mexico to take care of some THOR movie business and it’s a hop across the pond after that to mind CAPTAIN AMERICA’s production in the UK. One down and two to go, for now?

“But what about us?” you ask, with rising inflection.

Speculate and postulate while you wait.  That's all you can before the movie opens on May 7 for American audiences and April 28rd for international audiences. Wait - - what? Even factoring in timezones and jet lag, that’s still a week difference. What gives? I figure America’s got to throw the rest of the world a bone every once in a while, but this is too much.  

Ponder that while you watch these two news TV spots for the movie, which is something a bit more concrete for this pre-movie period. Granted, there isn’t really anything here that we haven’t seen in the previous trailer, but it’s about the ARRANGEMENT, people. Think of these as club remixes to the trailer’s already-familiar chart-topping single.  
== TEASER ==

-- Tom Pinchuk is the writer of UNIMAGINABLE for Arcana Comics and HYBRID BASTARDS! for Archaia. Watch out for the HYBRID BASTARDS! hardcover collection this April - - available for pre-order now on Amazon.com.

#1 Posted by Mr. Dead Pool (3026 posts) - - Show Bio

Weird I thought i'd hear Thunderstruck in Thor's trailer not Iron Man's

#2 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19148 posts) - - Show Bio

needs moar Fury

#3 Posted by simsey (82 posts) - - Show Bio

nice one end of the month

#4 Posted by Agent Buttons (12460 posts) - - Show Bio
Black Widow looks awesome. Right Angel Frost???? xD
#5 Posted by warlock360 (28180 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice, this is already sort of looking like Avengers to me.

#6 Posted by Emerald Warrior (186 posts) - - Show Bio

I cant wait for when the green lantern movie trailers come out! 

This movie looks awesome a good old armor wars!

#7 Posted by Hellos (8870 posts) - - Show Bio

Finished, yay.
#8 Posted by thatlad (701 posts) - - Show Bio

Is that a SHIELD logo on Black Widow's shoulder towards the end of the 2nd video???

#9 Posted by Erik (32504 posts) - - Show Bio
@thatlad said:
" Is that a SHIELD logo on Black Widow's shoulder towards the end of the 2nd video??? "
Yes.
#10 Posted by thatlad (701 posts) - - Show Bio

I like how they've not tried to mess with the logo, just kept it the same. Marvel's really doing a great job of balancing the continuity between print & film 

#11 Posted by LB70145 (195 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik said:
" @thatlad said:
" Is that a SHIELD logo on Black Widow's shoulder towards the end of the 2nd video??? "
Yes. "
It is on the poster as well.

#12 Posted by AngelFrost (2850 posts) - - Show Bio
@Agent Buttons said:
" Black Widow looks awesome. Right Angel Frost???? xD "
Oh shut up you :P   & yes, Scarlet looks absolutely amazing, she always does.  Just not Black Widow ;)  hate the dreadlocks.
#13 Posted by Argentino_18 (964 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Widow is awesome 

And the "armor war" could be really great...

#14 Posted by ILuvMsMarvel (111 posts) - - Show Bio
@AngelFrost said:
" @Agent Buttons said:
Oh shut up you :P   & yes, Scarlet looks absolutely amazing, she always does.  Just not Black Widow ;)  hate the dreadlocks. "

If by that you mean her hair, that's not dreads, it's just the way her hair is done. It's just curled and kinda sticking together rather than all flowing like it is in the business attire look.

#15 Posted by The WeatherMan (3261 posts) - - Show Bio

Opening day, I'm there. Spilling out all the geektastic facts about Iron Man and Avengers to all my non-geektastic friends.
#16 Posted by AngelFrost (2850 posts) - - Show Bio
@ILuvMsMarvel said:
" @AngelFrost said:
" @Agent Buttons said:
Oh shut up you :P   & yes, Scarlet looks absolutely amazing, she always does.  Just not Black Widow ;)  hate the dreadlocks. "

If by that you mean her hair, that's not dreads, it's just the way her hair is done. It's just curled and kinda sticking together rather than all flowing like it is in the business attire look.

"
I know, I'm being sarcastic.  Her hair is terribly curled, it looks like dreads.
#17 Posted by doordoor123 (3810 posts) - - Show Bio

MAN! im excited. im seeing it the second it comes out FOR SURE.

#18 Posted by Comiclove5 (1304 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool, can not wait.

#19 Posted by Grim (2185 posts) - - Show Bio

HEY! lets all pool together enough cash to buy a boat to ferry us over to the UK so we can see this thing a week early. We have about a week to get this done before it becomes irrelevant. GO TEAM AMERICA!
....anyone?

#20 Posted by Moomin123 (2252 posts) - - Show Bio

It's strange. The UK is supposed to have Iron Man 2 coming out in April 30th. That'd be before the US...interesting. 
Good trailers though. I really wanna see this.
#21 Posted by sora_thekey (8663 posts) - - Show Bio
@AngelFrost said:
" @Agent Buttons said:

Agreed... Please straighten her hair (or simply just cut it) for the her next appereance!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.