Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11210 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

Tony Stark Updates Us On Armored Adventures

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

I'm on the fence about the new "Iron Man: Armored Adventures" cartoon.  It premieres on April 24 at 7 pm ET on NickToons.  It's great that not only are they airing the "Wolverine and the X-Men" cartoon but now another superhero show is being added. 

My concerns are over the animation.  I think I need to see more in action to fully appreciate it.  It's good that they're taking a different approach to give the show its own identity.  I'm just not sure if I really like it.  It almost seems a little bland.

The other problem I have is the fact that we have a teenage Tony Stark.  Again, great that they're reinventing the character.  I understand that I may not be their target audience as I won't be buying the toys and lunchboxes (unless they're really really cool, of course). 

What gives me some sense of relief is the fact that Christopher Yost is involved.  Here's an update from Tony Stark himself.

Horrorfan09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Horrorfan09

Yea I seen a few super hero cartoons of myself on tv lately.    For example They have incredible hulk on the disney channel right now.  I don't really care too much for it because it's not the hulk we know are love.  They have the avenger cartoons as well but never checked it out because I was disappointed with the hulk.  It's like he's alot more nicer and more contained and of course not as brutal as the real hulk in the marvel comics and the avenger cartoon.   I guess they are just trying to reach out to the new young generation of kids to get them interested in the comic world.   I think it's a good idea but sometimes I feel it's too water down. 

Samuraikenpo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Samuraikenpo

I think we all have to get over the fact that todate X-Men hands down one of the best Marvel series ever which is also now on the disney channel and thats always going to be a hard show to beat.  That show gives something for both audiences. Christopher Yost is awesome I myself really enjoyed Next Avengers so if he is on board for this show i am tivoing it right now. 

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Media_Master

No, passing this one

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.