Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11205 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

Tony Stark: Disassembled?

• 97 results
    Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Push
    @Vance Astro said:
    " Iron Man isn't going to die.I think this is a flashback issue to events not shown.Iron Man is wearing the Extremis armor in the pic...which we should all know by know he isn't able to use anymore. "

I don't believe anyone ever said Iron Man is going to die. And that's a cover, we all know that the cover doesn't adhear to the content inside 100% majority of the time!
    Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By Moomin123

I bet Tony Stark will leave or "die". Then James Rhodes will become the 2nd Iron Man for a while until a Tony Stark rebirth series comes up and everything is back to normal.
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i dunno. the covers have been fairly accurate as to being current on the armor in the IM books.
    Vance may be onto something pointing out that he's still wearing his Mark 21 armor.

Sovereign Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Sovereign Son

I hate all the hate Tony gets for his actions in  Civil War, Yes i thought pro reg was the way to go but I did disagree with the actions taken by Tony. But lets also rememeber that Tony was fighting a battle against some of the worlds greatest heroes and in the end even the people thought he was right in his actions it was only the heroes that truly stood against him! During WWH he tired once again to make peace with those still against him and they choose not to, then again in Secret Invasion. Tony burnt a lot of bridges and yes he deserves what is happening to him now, But killing him off I think would be to far!! I agree with FoxxFireArt that something like this needs to happen so IM can redeem part of what he has done, but I don't think the cloud over his head will go away anytime soon. Also Reed Richards played a massive part in the clone Thors actions as did Pym but why does the hate train always pull in at Ironman station! We needed that other side from Cap and Marvel gave it to us in the form of someone the fans also liked! Does he deserve to die no, Does he deserve to suffer yes. But his own pain over what he did will haunt him more (if we get a good writer to do it) then anything else.

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By speedlgt

IMO its CAP VS STARK FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!

there is no redempetion.....not for him hes done too much he hurt the superehero community more than Dr. Doom or loki or any other villan has.

he put the heroes aginst eachother forever destroying their unity

He put cap in front of bullet he may as well pulled the trigger himself

he sent hulk away and almost got the whole planet ruled but the green scar for it

he didnt protect the planet from the invasion and the skrulls made him look like a punk

his rule was soo crap that osborn of all people was allowed to just taken it all away! not mags not doom but NORMAN!!!

its just too much its a epic FAIL on every count

hes a hero trying to do the right thing but hes just all kindas of wrong hes got no business leading anything or anyone.

He should not die i love the character and his stories have been really cool. i enjoyed all the stories that he messed up on so dont think I hate the character but just from the perspective of being in the marvel U hes got alot of Sh!t coming that he needs to deal with. 
    I think the hate in the marvel u will stop when steve is back and hes given stark a beating. No forgive and let live crap steve should come back and lay the smack down on his ass just like he did before with the SHIELD!  

so yeah I want to see stark beaten by steve because that is what he really deserves and more so he needs to tell steve he was WRONG

Sovereign Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Sovereign Son
    @speedlgt said:
    "

there is no redempetion.....not for him hes done too much he hurt the superehero community more than Dr. Doom or loki or any other villan has.

he sent hulk away and almost got the whole planet ruled but the green scar for it

he didnt protect the planet from the invasion and the skrulls made him look like a punk

his rule was soo crap that osborn of all people was allowed to just taken it all away! not mags not doom but NORMAN!!!

hes a hero trying to do the right thing but hes just all kindas of wrong hes got no business leading anything or anyone.

He should not die i love the character and his stories have been really cool. i enjoyed all the stories that he messed up on so dont think I hate the character but just from the perspective of being in the marvel U hes got alot of Sh!t coming that he needs to deal with. 
    I think the hate in the marvel u will stop when steve is back and hes given stark a beating. No forgive and let live crap steve should come back and lay the smack down on his ass just like he did before with the SHIELD!  

so yeah I want to see stark beaten by steve because that is what he really deserves and more so he needs to tell steve he was WRONG

"
    Cap did the same, only difference is Tony offered a hand of peace and Cap ignored it. That said Cap broke the law as well but most people see him as the hero, yes tony did many things wrong but he is not instantly the worst of them, Every war has two sides and Cap did just as bad getting into bed with the Kingping and other villains without control over them! but Tony gets labeled as the bad guy. A lot of your statements are so off base, he did not send Hulk into other planet, Richards, Namor, Dr Strange, Tony all voted on that, the only person missing was Charles X. As for the Skrulls that blame lies with all heroes they had been doing this for along time anyone of the heroes have to take some blame on that level. As for putting steve in front of a bullet thats like saying he ordered the assaination! 
    The Hottness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By The Hottness

NOOOOO TONY!!!!!
    speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By speedlgt
    @Sovereign Son said:
    " @speedlgt said:
    "

"
    Cap did the same, only difference is Tony offered a hand of peace and Cap ignored it. That said Cap broke the law as well but most people see him as the hero, yes tony did many things wrong but he is not instantly the worst of them, Every war has two sides and Cap did just as bad getting into bed with the Kingping and other villains without control over them! but Tony gets labeled as the bad guy. A lot of your statements are so off base, he did not send Hulk into other planet, Richards, Namor, Dr Strange, Tony all voted on that, the only person missing was Charles X. As for the Skrulls that blame lies with all heroes they had been doing this for along time anyone of the heroes have to take some blame on that level. As for putting steve in front of a bullet thats like saying he ordered the assaination!  "
    we can spin it any way you want and make easy comments that both sides did bad things.......thats fine.......but at the end stark comes out on the wrong end. he failed and got heroes killed and NOTHING else matters. It doenst matter that it was not ALL his fault it just doenst matter. He was the king of heroes ruler of the world and on his watch it all went down in flames. He takes the full blame for everything cause thats what happens when people in power fail. I dont hate the guy but thats how it went down. 

Cap is an icon hell he may as well be AMERICA in marvel and in the process of starks holy vision AMERICA died (kinda) now tell me he shouldnt be blamed for that?
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#59  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Push said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " Iron Man isn't going to die.I think this is a flashback issue to events not shown.Iron Man is wearing the Extremis armor in the pic...which we should all know by know he isn't able to use anymore. "
    I don't believe anyone ever said Iron Man is going to die. And that's a cover, we all know that the cover doesn't adhear to the content inside 100% majority of the time! "
    Well go back and look because they did.
    Sovereign Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Sovereign Son
    @speedlgt said:
    " @Sovereign Son said:
    " @speedlgt said:
    "

"
    Cap did the same, only difference is Tony offered a hand of peace and Cap ignored it. That said Cap broke the law as well but most people see him as the hero, yes tony did many things wrong but he is not instantly the worst of them, Every war has two sides and Cap did just as bad getting into bed with the Kingping and other villains without control over them! but Tony gets labeled as the bad guy. A lot of your statements are so off base, he did not send Hulk into other planet, Richards, Namor, Dr Strange, Tony all voted on that, the only person missing was Charles X. As for the Skrulls that blame lies with all heroes they had been doing this for along time anyone of the heroes have to take some blame on that level. As for putting steve in front of a bullet thats like saying he ordered the assaination!  "
    we can spin it any way you want and make easy comments that both sides did bad things.......thats fine.......but at the end stark comes out on the wrong end. he failed and got heroes killed and NOTHING else matters. It doenst matter that it was not ALL his fault it just doenst matter. He was the king of heroes ruler of the world and on his watch it all went down in flames. He takes the full blame for everything cause thats what happens when people in power fail. I dont hate the guy but thats how it went down.  Cap is an icon hell he may as well be AMERICA in marvel and in the process of starks holy vision AMERICA died (kinda) now tell me he shouldnt be blamed for that? "
    We should blame him for Caps Death!!! No we should blame him for Goliath's death yes. Cap was shot after handing himself in (because he realized what he did was not about heroes having the right to keep their mask, but what they where doing where hurting the people they fought to protect) Cap died by a bullet fired out of revenge, not because of the civil war. In the end all of our actions lead to our demise. Cap was not to blame for his death just as much as tony is not to be blamed for his death. Yes people in power are shown at their worst when they fail. Hell every country is aware of this, But do we continue to blame them for other people's actions as well??? In no way did Tony Stark have anything to do with Cap's death, Cap gave himself up to America not to Tony he in fact made a point of that after the people pulled him off Stark. He was shoot  end of story how can you blame IM for something that he had no control over. 
    speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By speedlgt

if tony doesnt start the REG act then cap doesnt die that way
    Sovereign Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Sovereign Son
    @speedlgt said:
    " if tony doesnt start the REG act then cap doesnt die that way "
    But If Cap agreed to the Reg Cap would not have died that way! You can't blame someone else for the choices characters make. Who is to say that Cap would not have been shot?? If CW never happened, Cap being shot had nothing to do with Tony you can not blame him for the death of Cap, you could blame him for a downfall  but the actual death was not his doing! Cap surrendered after seeing what he was doing was wrong. What Tony did was wrong as well even if the idea was a good one, but you can not blame Tony for the death of Cap when it was something that had nothing to do with him.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

People are still b#tchin about the registration act? It's not a big deal? I don't know what more people expect to happen to Tony..he's a major character.He can only suffer so much before it gets better and right now his life his f#cked.His damn secretary has a better suit than him.He's on the run,he's got no business,he destroyed most of his suits.The only other thing that could happen is he gets permanently handicapped or he dies.And the second one won't happen.

DMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#64  Edited By DMC

IMO anyone who says Stark hasn't suffered enough isn't reading Worlds Most Wanted. He's putting he life on the line just to delete the identities of every Super Hero, those who love and hate him. 

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By speedlgt

OMG this is to all stark defenders.................................STOP just STOP hes been a prick and hes getting whats comming STOP IT.  

I always feel like I have state that I dont hate the guy just so his defenders dont make it a flame war and go all fanboy on me. 
    Hes great I like him but hes to blame for everything and I dont see how (or that he should ever) be redemmed. 

so STOP your WRONG all of you.......just STOP
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @speedlgt said:
    " OMG this is to all stark defenders.................................STOP just STOP hes been a prick and hes getting whats comming STOP IT.   I always feel like I have state that I dont hate the guy just so his defenders dont make it a flame war and go all fanboy on me. Hes great I like him but hes to blame for everything and I dont see how (or that he should ever) be redemmed.  so STOP your WRONG all of you.......just STOP "
    Stop making a big deal over it.Everytime Stark is brought up..Civil War doesn't have to be.It's 2009...
    HaloKing343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#67  Edited By HaloKing343

I thought that Worlds Most Wanted was supposed to be "the end of Tony Stark". 

BTW, is this cover supposed to resemble the artwork from Civil War: The Confession. The image is strikingly simular except that Cap is Tony and Tony is Thor.

HaloKing343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#68  Edited By HaloKing343
    @Nobody said:
    "I think its time that Marvel Universe has started forgiving Iron Man for Civil War and Captain America's Death. Not a single person seemed to put the blame on Reed  Richards and he had an almost equal part in the whole thing. "

Plus what Reed did in Secret Invasion.
    E.I.S.A.M.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By E.I.S.A.M.

This is pretty natural in progression.... He messed up BIG time, going against Cap in the civil war and hunting down his friends, starting the Illuminate, going to the Skrulls and provoking them to war, jettisoning the Hulk into space, thus causing WWH, making Cap vulnerable for Red Skull to take him out, abandoning those who stuck by him during the civil war when it all blew up in his face, thus leaving people like Ms. Marvel, the Sentry, and everyone else vulnerable to Osborn's wrath, not to mention never  apologizing for any of it. The end result is that he pays the ultimate price. War Machine and Pepper can pick up the slack. 

Osalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Osalo
    @speedlgt said:

He put the heroes against each other forever destroying their unity

You're forgetting that the United States passed the Act, not Tony Stark.   The government ordered the creation of the Cape-Killers and Stark-tech was simply the appropriate, if not the only, choice as a supplier.   Yes Tony supported the Act but it's rather pathetic that you're holding him as the only one accountable for destroying the superhuman community.  The Act was passed over outrage at Stamford, not because of Tony's ego.   You can hate him for his ego but you're attributing the wrong thing to him.

He put Cap. in front of bullet so he may as well pulled the trigger himself

That would be like a young Bruce Wayne blaming the cops for not being there when they were needed.   Kind of immature don't you think?   What's more, the Red Skull already had plans to kill Steve.   If you read the issue of Captain American where Steve dies, you'll see that Crossbones has baited Steve.   Crossbone's laser sight is targetting the police officer in front of Steve and if Steve doesn't do something, an innnocent man will die.   Ultimately, it is a brainwashed Sharon Carter, Steve's love interest, who kills him.   Plot-wise, there is little that Steve could have done to avoid his fate since Faustus had brainwashed so many SHIELD agents, it's easy for the Red Skull to capitalize on Steve's selflessness, and his death was required for the Red Skull's plans to go through.   

The death of Capt. America coincides with the end of Civil War because it's supposed to symbolize the defeat of freedom but
    it's not Stark who caused it, but the American people of the story who chose security over freedom.

He sent Hulk away and almost got the whole planet ruled by the Green Scar for it

You DO know that the Illuminati near unanimously chose that right? The only ones that didn't were Professor X (he was missing) and Namor (he flat out refused).   Once again you're scapegoating him for something that you should be equally blaming on others.   In this case, his co-conspirators were Black Bolt, Dr. Strange, and Reed Richards.   Furthermore, the Illuminati were not the ones who destroyed his planet.   Hulk's friend Miek was the one who detonated the ship because he felt Hulk was getting soft and needed to be mad at something again.

What's more, the New Avengers and Mighty Avengers teamed up to stop the Hulk and collectively failed.   If Earth's Mightiest cannot defeat the Hulk, why should Tony Stark be singled out?

He didn't protect the planet from the invasion and the Skrulls made him look like a punk.

The only person who had an inkling that something was wrong was Nick Fury and he got removed from power by the US after the Secret War shenanigans (yes SHIELD was an international entity but the dialogue in Secret War implies that it was Capitol Hill specifically that was fed up with his actions).

His rule was soo crap that Osborn of all people was allowed to just taken it all away! Not  Mags, not Doom, but NORMAN!!!

The US president chose Norman (hmmm there seems to be a pattern here).   Norman Osborn was chosen for two reasons: he took the fatal shot at Veranke (which wouldn't have been possible without data stolen from Deadpool) and the Thunderbolts were the only "superhero" organization that was not completely paralyzed by the Skrull attack.   If the Skrull imposter of Captain Marvel hadn't had conflicting thoughts about what he was doing, he would have killed the entire team.   The opening issue of the Skrull invasion in Thunderbolts shows practically all members of the team at his feet on the last page.

Second of all, there's little to say that his rule was a failure.   Yes World War Hulk and Secret Invasion happened on his watch but the question is whether other heroes could have done something about it?   As I said above, WWH was functionally perpetuated by Miek and the only person who realized that the Secret Invasion was happening was a fugitive.

So yeah I want to see stark beaten by Steve because that is what he really deserves and more so he needs to tell Steve he was WRONG

I guess you didn't catch the last issue of Civil War but at the end Steve was destroying Tony.   Steve had Vision II disable the Extremis armor and he proceeded to shatter the armor.   With the Iron Man faceplate destroyed, Tony realized that the fight was over and he told Steve to finish it.   Steve was about to strike the final blow until he was tackled by the citizens of NYC who were mad at him for turning the city into a battlezone (yes even I found that very cheesy and odd).   What's more, Civil War: The Confession shows Tony apologizing to Steve's corpse and telling him he (Steve) was right.

Now I'm not saying that there isn't good reason to be mad at Tony Stark.   As they say, the road to Hell is paved with good intentions and that's certainly what's happened here.   As other people have said, the karma for what he's done is coming back and has reduced him to a mere shell of who he once was.    

On a final note, try researching your lore before you attempt to make another arguement.   It will certainly make you appear less foolish.

-Osalo
    Osalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Osalo
    @E.I.S.A.M. said:

" This is pretty natural in progression.... He messed up BIG time, ... starting the Illuminate, going to the Skrulls and provoking them to war, jettisoning the Hulk into space, thus causing WWH, making Cap vulnerable for Red Skull to take him out, abandoning those who stuck by him during the Civil War when it all blew up in his face, thus leaving people like Ms. Marvel, the Sentry, and everyone else vulnerable to Osborn's wrath, not to mention never  apologizing for any of it. The end result is that he pays the ultimate price. War Machine and Pepper can pick up the slack.  "

-Strange how you're hating Tony for starting the Illuminati but not the others for agreeing with him.   Ditto for the attack on the Skrull homeworld.

-Hulk was inclined to stay on Sakarr and focus on bringing peace to it until Miek decided that Hulk should be perpetually angry.

-Sentry joined Osborn because he genuinely (and naively) believes that Osborn can help him.   Ms. Marvel wasn't exposed to any wrath that she didn't bring about herself.   Osborn offered her a place on his team and she refused.   It's not Stark's fault that she's being hunted and it was the right thing for her to do.   The Initiative and other elements of the superhero community were retained but twisted not because Stark abandoned them but because the US president in the story appointed Osborn as the new head of SHIELD.

-Red Skull was going to "kill" Steve anyways.   The fact that he had a brainwashed Sharon Carter, plenty of brainwashed SHIELD agents, and Steve's selflessness guaranteed that Steve would die.   Before you accuse Stark of being inept for letting SHIELD be infiltrated, be aware that SHIELD has always been portrayed as easily infiltrated.  

-Stark apologized belatedly to Steve for what happened and admitted that Steve was right.   Yes it was far too late but it happened.

-Osalo
    FatCobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By FatCobra

I love Tony. I don't understand what people seem to hat about him so much. He isn't as big a douchebag as other characters. For example, a certain hairy midget that appears in everything.

The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By The_Scourge
    @The Black Hood said:

Thor fights Sif or Mephisto for Tony's soul and then all is forgiven....

Why would Thor fight Sif?

I don't think Tony's dying. It's just a cover.
    MJ Styles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#74  Edited By MJ Styles

For a couple of years now I really haven't liked the direction Marvel has been taking Tony.  I'm really digging the Fraction series, though.

monkeypool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By monkeypool
    @G-Man said:

"There was a lot of hate going on for Iron Man during Civil War and after when Captain America died.  I do feel he sort of redeemed himself a tiny bit during Secret Invasion.  With Norman Osborn taking over and Tony losing control of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the Avengers, it seemed like he was just getting a giant treatment of karma for all his actions.

Things have been pretty bad in his Invincible Iron Man title.  With issue #20, we will see the beginning of "Stark: Disassembled" (on sale in November).  What do you think?  What will be Tony's final fate?  Is he still deserving of all the bad things that are still happening? 

monkeypool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By monkeypool

Nope, I've intensely disliked Marvels handling of Iron Man since the beginning of this civil war fiasco. 
    They took a great patriotic hero, and turned him into an azz for no good reason, and with no way to ever fully redeem himself. 

As for me, I am just pretending that none of it ever happened, Iron Man deserved so much better.    
    Dark Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#77  Edited By Dark Cell

Lol I love how they make him look like Robert Downey JR these days ......I guess he is Iron man now really
    Avatar image for the_devil_tiger
    The Devil Tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#78  Edited By The Devil Tiger

Yeah... it's just a cover... 

Frankly, Tony doesn't deserve to die, it would be too easy, and in the comics paradygm, it's just meaningless. 

Tony should be beaten lie crap, psychologically crushed (again !), put in face of his own failure and should go to jail for what he's done, and after he go out, each time he could say something that look like a plan, someone should step out of the shadow and answer something like :  

"Well, how about a jail in the N-Zone ? Oh already done ! And what about exiled the villain in space ? Damn ! You've done that too ! Maybe we should make robot-clone of some of our greatest hero to make some point ? Ah yeah ! That's what I thinked !"  

Tony never wasn't my favored SH, but I think he deserve some kick in the b.... for what he's done ! 

E.I.S.A.M.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By E.I.S.A.M.
    @Osalo: @Osalo said:
    " @E.I.S.A.M. said:

" This is pretty natural in progression.... He messed up BIG time, ... starting the Illuminate, going to the Skrulls and provoking them to war, jettisoning the Hulk into space, thus causing WWH, making Cap vulnerable for Red Skull to take him out, abandoning those who stuck by him during the Civil War when it all blew up in his face, thus leaving people like Ms. Marvel, the Sentry, and everyone else vulnerable to Osborn's wrath, not to mention never  apologizing for any of it. The end result is that he pays the ultimate price. War Machine and Pepper can pick up the slack.  "

-Strange how you're hating Tony for starting the Illuminati but not the others for agreeing with him.   Ditto for the attack on the Skrull homeworld. -Hulk was inclined to stay on Sakarr and focus on bringing peace to it until Miek decided that Hulk should be perpetually angry.  -Sentry joined Osborn because he genuinely (and naively) believes that Osborn can help him.   Ms. Marvel wasn't exposed to any wrath that she didn't bring about herself.   Osborn offered her a place on his team and she refused.   It's not Stark's fault that she's being hunted and it was the right thing for her to do.   The Initiative and other elements of the superhero community were retained but twisted not because Stark abandoned them but because the US president in the story appointed Osborn as the new head of SHIELD.  -Red Skull was going to "kill" Steve anyways.   The fact that he had a brainwashed Sharon Carter, plenty of brainwashed SHIELD agents, and Steve's selflessness guaranteed that Steve would die.   Before you accuse Stark of being inept for letting SHIELD be infiltrated, be aware that SHIELD has always been portrayed as easily infiltrated.    -Stark apologized belatedly to Steve for what happened and admitted that Steve was right.   Yes it was far too late but it happened.   -Osalo "
    Thanks very much, but I really don't care. Tony's made big mistakes, Tony should have to face them. Those are my thoughts, I'm sticking too them.
    glforthewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By glforthewin

if he dies osborn will make sure he's not remembered or if he is remembered he'll be remembered as a d-bag

LP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By LP

Tony had it coming... Movie version is my favorite though never been a big Iron Man fan.

Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
    saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By saiyan_earthling

i didn't like him more than i liked wolverine, spider-man or thor etc, but judgin by pepper seeing the female iron suit, he may still live on

Rifter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Rifter
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @speedlgt said:
    " OMG this is to all stark defenders.................................STOP just STOP hes been a prick and hes getting whats comming STOP IT.   I always feel like I have state that I dont hate the guy just so his defenders dont make it a flame war and go all fanboy on me. Hes great I like him but hes to blame for everything and I dont see how (or that he should ever) be redemmed.  so STOP your WRONG all of you.......just STOP "
    Stop making a big deal over it.Everytime Stark is brought up..Civil War doesn't have to be.It's 2009... "
    Woot sense 
    Avatar image for mrswaggalicious
    MrSwaggalicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#84  Edited By MrSwaggalicious

off wit his head haahahaa

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By speedlgt
    @Osalo said:
    " @speedlgt said:

He put the heroes against each other forever destroying their unity

You're forgetting that the United States passed the Act, not Tony Stark.   The government ordered the creation of the Cape-Killers and Stark-tech was simply the appropriate, if not the only, choice as a supplier.   Yes Tony supported the Act but it's rather pathetic that you're holding him as the only one accountable for destroying the superhuman community.  The Act was passed over outrage at Stamford, not because of Tony's ego.   You can hate him for his ego but you're attributing the wrong thing to him.

He put Cap. in front of bullet so he may as well pulled the trigger himself

That would be like a young Bruce Wayne blaming the cops for not being there when they were needed.   Kind of immature don't you think?   What's more, the Red Skull already had plans to kill Steve.   If you read the issue of Captain American where Steve dies, you'll see that Crossbones has baited Steve.   Crossbone's laser sight is targetting the police officer in front of Steve and if Steve doesn't do something, an innnocent man will die.   Ultimately, it is a brainwashed Sharon Carter, Steve's love interest, who kills him.   Plot-wise, there is little that Steve could have done to avoid his fate since Faustus had brainwashed so many SHIELD agents, it's easy for the Red Skull to capitalize on Steve's selflessness, and his death was required for the Red Skull's plans to go through.   

The death of Capt. America coincides with the end of Civil War because it's supposed to symbolize the defeat of freedom but
    it's not Stark who caused it, but the American people of the story who chose security over freedom.

He sent Hulk away and almost got the whole planet ruled by the Green Scar for it

You DO know that the Illuminati near unanimously chose that right? The only ones that didn't were Professor X (he was missing) and Namor (he flat out refused).   Once again you're scapegoating him for something that you should be equally blaming on others.   In this case, his co-conspirators were Black Bolt, Dr. Strange, and Reed Richards.   Furthermore, the Illuminati were not the ones who destroyed his planet.   Hulk's friend Miek was the one who detonated the ship because he felt Hulk was getting soft and needed to be mad at something again.

What's more, the New Avengers and Mighty Avengers teamed up to stop the Hulk and collectively failed.   If Earth's Mightiest cannot defeat the Hulk, why should Tony Stark be singled out?

He didn't protect the planet from the invasion and the Skrulls made him look like a punk.

The only person who had an inkling that something was wrong was Nick Fury and he got removed from power by the US after the Secret War shenanigans (yes SHIELD was an international entity but the dialogue in Secret War implies that it was Capitol Hill specifically that was fed up with his actions).

His rule was soo crap that Osborn of all people was allowed to just taken it all away! Not  Mags, not Doom, but NORMAN!!!

The US president chose Norman (hmmm there seems to be a pattern here).   Norman Osborn was chosen for two reasons: he took the fatal shot at Veranke (which wouldn't have been possible without data stolen from Deadpool) and the Thunderbolts were the only "superhero" organization that was not completely paralyzed by the Skrull attack.   If the Skrull imposter of Captain Marvel hadn't had conflicting thoughts about what he was doing, he would have killed the entire team.   The opening issue of the Skrull invasion in Thunderbolts shows practically all members of the team at his feet on the last page.

Second of all, there's little to say that his rule was a failure.   Yes World War Hulk and Secret Invasion happened on his watch but the question is whether other heroes could have done something about it?   As I said above, WWH was functionally perpetuated by Miek and the only person who realized that the Secret Invasion was happening was a fugitive.

So yeah I want to see stark beaten by Steve because that is what he really deserves and more so he needs to tell Steve he was WRONG

I guess you didn't catch the last issue of Civil War but at the end Steve was destroying Tony.   Steve had Vision II disable the Extremis armor and he proceeded to shatter the armor.   With the Iron Man faceplate destroyed, Tony realized that the fight was over and he told Steve to finish it.   Steve was about to strike the final blow until he was tackled by the citizens of NYC who were mad at him for turning the city into a battlezone (yes even I found that very cheesy and odd).   What's more, Civil War: The Confession shows Tony apologizing to Steve's corpse and telling him he (Steve) was right.     Now I'm not saying that there isn't good reason to be mad at Tony Stark.   As they say, the road to Hell is paved with good intentions and that's certainly what's happened here.   As other people have said, the karma for what he's done is coming back and has reduced him to a mere shell of who he once was.      On a final note, try researching your lore before you attempt to make another arguement.   It will certainly make you appear less foolish.  -Osalo "

ok your the fool......for # one wasting my time and everyone elses by  telling me all the stuff I already know. I read all that I know and your very long defense of stark is nothing more than stating "there were other factors and hes not all to blame" GREAT! but bottom line in life and in comics and story telling in general when you are IN a position of POWER you are the one that gets the BLAME or the FAME............PERIOD and nothing else matter.  
    and BTW  

i dont come here to argue.......thats the problem with alot of posters this is not a    Debate !!! you dont get points for winning there is no winning and lossing here were just talking.................. 

and on a final note 
    you have 2 FREAKING POSTS!!!!! 2 POSTS!!!!!!!  Think about it........
    Osalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Osalo
    @speedlgt: 

Actually when people have opposing views it automatically becomes a debate, especially since Civil War is filled with political undertones.   The issue of security vs freedom connects directly to issues related to the Patriot Act.    The fact that Miller's version of Tony Stark is a polarizing figure means that disagreements will definitely pop up.   In addition, you complain that everyone but yourself is trying to argue but yet you declared why you felt Stark should be punished.   If that's not declaring a view, I don't know what is.

If you believe that people should be trashed for their mistakes all the time, even if they were not directly responsible, then you should demand that the president of Pan Am be punished for allowing Flight 103 to be destroyed while flying over Lockerbie, Scotland, or that the Scottish government be disbanded for allowing their Secretary of Justice to release Megrahi back to Libya.   In essence, you're looking to make someone suffer for things that they're not responsible for and you know what?   This isn't justice you're looking for, it's vengeance, two very different things.   Nor is that what Steve Rogers would want either.   He's supposed to be the living embodiment of all that is good in us and bloody vengeance isn't one of them.

PS- Two posts are perfectly appropriate when replying to two different people.   If you think otherwise, I recommend you condense all your responses into your original post.

-Osalo
    The Black Hood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By The Black Hood

Damn guys, can't we all just admit that Iron Man is a douche.... a lovable great scapegoat of a douche but one none-the-less and move on?  If Thor was pissed for the clone thing it should be equally shared anger with Tony, Reed Richards and Skrull Pym.  And if Tony is half the douche we know he is, he should just blame Skrull Pym.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @The Black Hood said:
    " Damn guys, can't we all just admit that Iron Man is a douche.... a lovable great scapegoat of a douche but one none-the-less and move on?  If Thor was pissed for the clone thing it should be equally shared anger with Tony, Reed Richards and Skrull Pym.  And if Tony is half the douche we know he is, he should just blame Skrull Pym. "
    No we all can't agree on it.The whole "Iron Man is a douche" movement is old now.
    Deadeyeduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Deadeyeduck

During the Civil War I was very much anti Stark. 
    However, from a reasonable...and realistic stand point what he did made sense. 

He knew that fighting the legislation would be impossible..especially after Nuke's explosion. 
    He also knew that it would cause people to be killed, and he didnt want that. 
    So he took the most sensible action and sided with the government in order to protect lives and to make the transition as quickly as possible, 
    I dont think he saw Steve disagreeing with him..or what came after. 

If he hadn't supported the act, wouldn't it have been every superhero against the government? It would have been a massacre of genoshan proportions. 
    When he decided to go along with the registration act, he knew that he would have to completely. Does anyone really think that he enjoyed rounding up his friends or generally what he did? He did what he did because he thought it would save lives in the long run. 

Who the hell could have predicted what came after. Nobody saw Norman taking over, Skrulls or Hulk coming back. Tony is good..but not that good. 
    Was he an idiot for running away afterwards? What else could he have done? Let himself be taken by Osbourne and Co? 

The only crime Tony has ever committed was having bad luck and not trusting himself enough to trust other people. People forget all the good he did, and just focus on his mistakes. 

As for Captain America.... He did what he thought was right, but ultimately it was just an attempt to keep the status quo...the world needed to evolve, and he held it back. His death was the ultimate catalyst. Its stupid they're bringing him back.

MeganWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By MeganWayne

Pepper will save Tony's hind parts

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Nova`Prime`

That picture is definitely misleading, especially after reading the latest Invincible Ironman. I believe the disassembled is referring to his mind, which he is clearly losing. I am definitely looking forward to seeing how Stark bounces back from this, if he does at all.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#92  Edited By jakob187

I can't say that I've read the Civil War series (I know, a travesty), but I have read up on it and all the events that took place during it.  Given that the whole thing seemed to have its own socio-political commentaries on current situations in the world, I find it interesting that people find it so easy on a man who had to make hard decisions.  You're talking about a billionaire who had to take either one side or the other, and sure, he seemed like a pretty big douchebag for some of the stuff he pulled.  Nonetheless, the thing I see little of in this thread is hope for redemption, which every man deserves.  Should we allow the events of Civil War override all of the things he did BEFORE Civil War happened?  Should we really consider the possibility of killing an iconic character that is known as a superhero simply because he made some really bad decisions? 

Personally, I would like to see an offering for redemption.  Thor looks like a man with tough decisions on his mind in that cover, and from the look of the grip on his hammer and his face, they are very conflicting ideologies.  On one hand, he has the power right there to end Iron Man and Tony Stark, thereby bringing some kind of closure.  However, he's also Thor...and he stands for certain standards...and he knows that Tony Stark and Iron Man also stands for certain standards. 

Now I really need to go actually READ Civil War so I can get into this series of Iron Man comics.

the Vica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By the Vica

For starters, all comic fans should know that just because something is on the cover, doesn't mean it will be in the actual comic.

All Civil War/Captain America fans should also notice this is a nod towards the AWESOME image of Tony and Steve after Cap's death.  

Thor might not even be in the comic at all, my bet is he's just there cause he's one of the top three legendary Avengers (Along with Cap and Iron Man) and so it's logical for him to take the place of Tony in the image with Cap dead. 

Also... Do you guys honestly believe that a character like Iron Man, who is both popular and iconic, would be killed off now, when the next Iron Man movie will be coming out soon? Marvel obviously wants Captain America to be alive when his movie comes out, so I seriously doubt they'd kill Tony now when the character has never been so popular.

Incidentally, I really love this cover. If I had the money, I'd buy the comic based purely on that. Thanks for posting it, G-Man.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By TazzMission

i just got done readin invincable iron man extremis i thought it was pretty awsome since im just starting iron man comics if any one has a good book please let me know
    Jade1977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Jade1977

I don't understand why people hate Tony Stark for Civil War, but they forgive Batman for that whole OMAC fiasco. Paradise Island was decimated during Infinite Crisis because of Batman and his "contingency plans" and nobody ever mentions that.
    Avatar image for antiofontaine22
    Antiofontaine22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Antiofontaine22

Allow me the join the defenders of Tony Stark to help fight the all too common factual mistakes his detractors have been spewing here.

1)  Iron Man is responsible for Captain America's death

No he is not.  Captain America was killed by someone who had an easy access to him even before the civil war, someone who was brainwashed by a villain who had nothing to do with the civil war.  This could have happened at any time and it was simply used as a way to clear the way for the much darker post-CW Marvel Universe.

2) Iron Man is responsible for the SHRA and the CW

Complete falsehood.  The SHRA was in the works a long time before Stark decided to support it.  Heck, he was the main voice of opposition when the act was being imagined by the government.  Its actually quite ironic considering that none of the futur anti-reg heroes will oppose the act while it was legal to do so. 

Iron Man never wanted the war.  Heck. he was the only one who consistently tried to end it peacefully. 

Yet, it is interesting to point out that he simply could not lose.  After all, the only way the Anti Registration forces had to win on the field was to prove the Registration right, something that even Cap realised in the end.

Tony Stark did not cause this tragedy.  All he did was being among the characters who broke the status-quo that charactarises Marvel, and in a way, we should thank him for that.

3) Iron Man supported the SHRA

This one is only half true, mainly because of inconsistent writing in the civil war storyline and its tie-ins.

Iron Man oftenly had to verbalise his position and we he gave two radically different perspective on the topic.

In the first case, Tony Stark claimed that he supported the registration because he believed that the superhuman phenomenon became out of control.  An idea that seems to be confirmed by the event at Stamford.   The world saw the appearance of dozens of heroes who were simply more dangerous than some of the villains they wanted to fight.   It made sense at first, but felt akward considering his initial position during the Congressinal hearings.

The second and much more plausible case is oriented toward the lack of options given by the government and the general public.  The SHRA was simply the only way to avoid the extinction of the superhero community at the hands of government forces.  This particular conception was approved by several what-ifs and comments made by the characters during the CW.  In a way, the implications of this fact are huge, because it would mean that by siding with the pro-reg forces, Tony Stark has effectively saved the superheroes from extinction. 

This is even more true considering that the anti-reg side simply could not win the conflict.  Had Cap killed Tony (an act that he would have done had civillians not intervened), the registration would still have existed.  Heck, with the dissapearence of Iron Man, the government would have taken matters in its own hands and simply outlawed superheroes as a whole.  Its also interesting to point out that the death of Bill Foster at the hand of a broken robot seems to traumatize people more than the attempted murder of a deactivated Iron Man by Captain America, who was just pounding at an already defeated foe, in the ruins of a populated area his subordonate teleported everyone in.  With every shield slashes he gave to Iron Man, Cap proved him right even more.

4) Sending Hulk to space

Okay, this one is just silly.  The idea was approved by a group of heroes, so blaming Iron Man for this is just dishonest.

But what is even worse is that this action was fully justified.  Hulk is a menace.  He had just caused the death of dozens of innocents which was nothing but a small addition to the long list of casulties and destruction the green monster caused over the years.   Almost every noteworthy hero fought the Hulk in the past in order to stop him.  Many tried to kill him.  Iron Man and the Illuminati simply chose to send him away.  I fail to see how this makes Stark worst.

5)  Failure to stop the Secret Invasion

Im sorry, but appart from Fury, who wasnt taken by surprise?  All heroes fell during those days, the only difference is that Stark fell from a higher ground and the fall was more painfull.

6)   Tony Stark is a douche

While no one will deny that Tony Stark is the type of man who has a lot of faith in himself and a lack of trust in others, many will disagree to the assertion that he is a douche.  Unlike Captain America, Iron Man was in constant doubt within the civil war and was the only leader who seemed to try to reevaluate his position objectively.   He showed superb bravery during the Most Wanted storyline, during which he even sacrificed his intelligence (his greatest asset and pride) to save others.  He even accept the fact that the process will very likely kill him.  That my friends, is heroism at its purest form.  

Ironman4891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Ironman4891

Did any off you Stark haters happen to read the what if Civil war issue, that showed 2 different  alternate conclusions to the civil war. 

1st  conclusion: Tony wouldn't have survived extremis, he wouldn't be alive for the civil war. All the heroes would have sided with Cap. 
    Gryich would be leading the pro-registration forces of the government and be loosing badly at first until the discover Thor's DNA and use it to make multiple Thor clones, I REPEAT MULTIPLE THOR CLONES. The heroes are all killed by the Thor clones and its all over. 

2nd alternate conclusion: Tony survives extremis, the war beings, before the battle were Goliath dies, tony tries to talk to Cap instead of Cap using the device hidden in his palm to disable tony's armor like he did in Civil war, he listens to what tony has to say. He joins the registration act and ends up leading it. His the only one who has all the names of registered heroes, the government accepts this, all the heroes accept it cos they all trust Cap, everyone trusts Cap. 
    Everything turns out better, no civil war. Things would have been different if Cap had heard tony out. 

Honestly, call him whatever you want but he tried his best to make things better.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.