Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11209 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

Tony's most advanced armor?

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Poll Tony's most advanced armor? (19 votes)

Bleeding Edge 79%
    Extremis 11%
    Armor Moder 40 0%
    Hulkbuster 0%
    War Machine 0%
    Argonaut 0%
    Other 11%

I vote for Bleeding Edge.

• 
    xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

No Caption Provided

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

If you mean in comparison to what came before it then Extremis was leaps and bounds ahead of the previous armor. Comparing Extremis to Model 29 is like comparing an M-16 to a bow and arrow. Bleeding Edge was just the next logical step in that evolution.

Bleeding Edge was a step in the advancement of Iron Man's armor. Extremis was a dunk from behind the free throw line in advancement of Iron Man's armor.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

@Night Thrasher

Agreed! Hence my name. Extremis was a game changer for the iron man mythology.

Tony being able to interface himself with the iron man suit as well as connect himself to any computer or network known to man makes Extremist effin awesome on all levels.

I've heard BE is the best but I still haven't gotten there yet in Fractions run. Looking forward to it though

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By tupiaz

S.K.I.N (Synth-Kinetic-interfacing-Nano-Fluid) An Iron Man Suit that thinks by it self that was never done before it came out.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By w0nd

@tupiaz said:

S.K.I.N (Synth-Kinetic-interfacing-Nano-Fluid) An Iron Man Suit that thinks by it self that was never done before it came out.

Yeah but it was flawed so it loses points for that right.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By tupiaz

@w0nd said:

@tupiaz said:

Not really. That S.K.I.N. didn't turned out to be as Tony wanted it to be doesn't mean it is less advance. For instance if I wanted to make dynamite and by accident I made a nuclear bomb (not likely, but I just want to use the premise). It doesn't make the nuclear less of an upgrade or advance. Many inventions has happened by accident.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tupiaz said:

@w0nd said:

@tupiaz said:

Not really. That it turned out not to be as Tony didn't wanted it to be doesn't mean it is less advanced. For instance if I wanted to make dynamite and by accident I made a nuclear bomb (not likely, but it is just the premise i want to use). It doesn't make the nuclear less of an upgrade or advance. Many inventions has happened by accident.

true true.

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Lilbroomstick

Technically Bleeding edge or Endo-sym, but you could argue Model Prime since he was super humanly enhanced when he had the other two.

TheAlmightyOz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

The one wielding the Infinity Gauntlet.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.