Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11204 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

The Next (Logical) Evolution of Iron Man

Avatar image for rideaspacecowboy
    RideASpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 98

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RideASpaceCowboy

I think Tony Stark has sufficient intelligence to breach the technological singularity by inventing a computer more powerful than the human brain (even his own) and creating a mind-machine interface capable of uploading his consciousnesses to such a computer. I envision this as leading to the third evolution of Iron Man after the first power suit and the Extremis Armor. Tony would install the supercomputer into a life model decoy of himself, as well as every one of his former Iron-Man suits, and then copy over his consciousness to every one of them, all of which would be networked together and retaining a single identity, thus making him essentially immortal. This should happen in comics now while it's still science fiction, because it all may very well become science fact within our lifetimes.

ThanoStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By ThanoStomp

Isn't that what Pym already did with this guy?

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for rideaspacecowboy
    RideASpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 98

#3  Edited By RideASpaceCowboy

The upcoming Age of Ultron will actually be my first exposure to the character, so I hadn't realized that was the case. Outside of Avengers (vol. 1) #1 & #4 and Ultimates 1 and 2 I'm not really familiar with Pym either.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Decoy Elite

I think Tony should be less than trusting of his AI capabilities after one of his last big AIs was basically a creepy abusive boy friend. 
    Then again he's making an AI based off Pepper Potts so maybe he's just a glutton for punishment...

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By Gambit1024

Yeah, Pym already did that ;)

Avatar image for manbehindthewires
    Manbehindthewires

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Manbehindthewires

His AI getting hacked has become a common appearance in his storylines. I think the next evolution will feature him fighting digital interrogations inside his own circuitry Lawnmower-Man style. Or, materials wise, maybe a brightly coloured photon-shield style of armour, rather than metal. Too radical?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.