Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11191 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

The 'Iron Man 3' Rumors Have Begun

• 58 results
    DannyG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By DannyG

Is it too much to ask for the Modular Armor? No but really, I think the logical choice for main villain should be the Mandarin already. There are ways to eschew the political correctness of having a Chinese warlord as the villain to an American superhero. He is arguably Iron Man's best villain. Needs to happen. That being said, it shouldn't be constricted to JUST the Mandarin either, Ghost, Blizzard, Madame Masque, A.I.M. All cool characters/organizations that can easily be adapted to the film setting and aren't squeezed into a bulky copy of Tony's Suit sent out for mass production.

TenEyedMen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52  Edited By TenEyedMen

Ghost would be cool.

KidSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#53  Edited By KidSupreme

YES .. this is gonna be SICK!

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By LordRequiem

I know Favreau's not directing this one, but he said he wouldn't do the Extremis armour. I think Ultimo should feature. Or Mandarin with his rings. Not another lowesly suit battle (Whiplash fight was terrible, Ironmonger fight was cool). Switch it up. AND FOR GOD'S SAKE UPGRADE WAR MACHINE'S ARMOUR. I always though it was supposed to be superior to Iron Man's in many ways.

Avatar image for cancer_the_conqueror
    Cancer the Conqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Really? I'm amazed there hasn't been enough buzz about what's truly going to happen in IM3. Three-forths of the film is set to begin production in my hometown (Wilmington, NC) this summer. I'd expected such a colossal blockbuster project to already have some leaks by now. I mean, from IM2's progression, didn't we already know Whiplash was the villain by now? Then again, maybe plot details are being kept under wraps for good reason; we don t want the (presumably) last entry in the trilogy to fall flat, unable to live up to the hype. Now, I'm the one who always mocks the whole speculation thing to his non-comic reading friends, but here it goes anyway: Mandarin, duh, although I don't know how the whole "alien ring" thing will go. At the risk of pilling on too many characters like the last one, the lesser-known Madame Masque would be an interesting addition, a mercenary possibly hired by Mandarin to seduce Tony and steal his secrets.

Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#56  Edited By Gylan Thomas

If Mandarin's in the movie it'll be connected to The Ten Rings terrorists from IM1

JPWolf5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By JPWolf5

I don't really care about Extremis, Hopefully they bring the Mandarin

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#58  Edited By TheCannon

The began in 2010.

The Finality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By The Finality

Yes extremis, do it up. That'd be so cool on film. Also, bring on the Mandarin please! Tony's arch-nemesis, ranks up their with Lex Luthor to Superman, Joker to Batman, Green Goblin to Spider-Man, and Magneto to the X-Men. I get that Jon Favreau was all: "we've created this world of high-tech and Mandarin's too dated to be used (a chinese warlord, with 10 magic rings) and yadda yadda yadda"- shut up Favreau. I love what you've done for the Iron Man movies, bringing a not very well known character outside of comics into the forefront, but remember Mandarin's rings are a highly advanced technology, it can be done. and as far as a Chinese Warlord, remember that half of their battles are simply because Mandarin loathes Tony Stark. So have Iron Man stop his plans in Asia, and this guy finds the rings in a way that translates to the movie format, goes mad with power and seeks to take down Iron Man. It's not that hard! :P

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.