Terrence Howard in Talks for Another Marvel Movie?

• 63 results
Posted by No_name_here (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

He just might return...

Let me start by saying that I’m a fan of both Don Cheadle and Terrence Howard, so I was definitely torn over the casting replacement that occurred for IRON MAN 2. There’s obviously a lot of gossip and speculation over what went down in between the movies, but it’s not really my place to make any guesses. I will say that it was hard not to compare the two actors while watching IM2.  Howard did such a good job in the first and I was really looking forward to seeing what he was going to do with Rhodey once the character finally became War Machine.

Howard doesn’t seem to harbor any bad blood. While promoting the upcoming film WINNIE (where he stars as Nelson Mandela) at Cannes, he had to address the big iron elephant in the room while talking to E!. He wishes Cheadle and the rest of the IRON MAN 2 movie people well and is apparently on good enough terms with Marvel still that he’s been talking to them about possibly acting in another project. Now, that’s definitely surprising.

Here are Howard’s own words… 

== TEASER ==

"I haven't had a chance yet but I will see Iron Man 2…Despite the customary idea or thought that there's some controversy, it was a wonderful split and I know that they've done well… [Marvel Studios] and I are now talking about doing some other things. And Don Cheadle wanted to play that part before I wanted to play it, so everything is very well."

Now, what could these “other things” possibly be? SHH thinks it could be a LUKE CAGE movie. Recalling that one of the Easter eggs in IM2 concerned SHIELD circling Wakanda as a “spot to watch”,  there might even be the possibility that he could be involved in a BLACK PANTHER movie. Like I always say, lets pour some speculative grain into the rumor mill for this. What do you maniacs in the Comic Vine community think he could be talking to Marvel about? More importantly, what would you like him to be talking to them about?

-- Tom Pinchuk is the writer of UNIMAGINABLE for Arcana Studios and HYBRID BASTARDS! for Archaia. Pre-order the HYBRID BASTARDS! hardcover now on Amazon.com.

#1 Edited by Jordanstine (907 posts) - - Show Bio

The FALCON w/ CAP!!! 

#2 Posted by Vortex13 (12223 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jordanstine said:
" The FALCON !!! "
Ohhh that's a good one! I doubt he'd play Luke Cage seeing as he would have to put on like a hundred pounds of muscle lol.
#3 Posted by sora_thekey (8154 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jordanstine: Yes! I thought of the exact same thing!
#4 Posted by Mr.Hulk_Smashin'! (2569 posts) - - Show Bio

Falcon would be cool, but Black Panther, he'd have to get beefed up and create an accent.

#5 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

He had his chance.  I would rather an unknown play Cage or Black Panther.  Marvel needs to save some $.
#6 Posted by Zerosub33 (52 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jordanstine:  I agree Falcon FTW
#7 Posted by biggkeem89 (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

I could see him as Falcon, but if anybody should play Cage, its Tyrese
#8 Posted by Agent Buttons (13479 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decept-O said:
"He had his chance.  I would rather an unknown play Cage or Black Panther.  Marvel needs to save some $. "

I agree with this.
#9 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Falcon

#10 Posted by ElJuano (98 posts) - - Show Bio

THAT WOULD RAWWKKK!!!!!! TH as The FALCON would be awesome!

#11 Posted by lostlantern13 (860 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jordanstine:
Falcon sounds pretty good to me.
#12 Posted by Mr.Hulk_Smashin'! (2569 posts) - - Show Bio

For Cage, they should have Rampage Jackson.

#13 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio

I could see him as Falcon or Black Panther. 
#14 Posted by Jordanstine (907 posts) - - Show Bio

Reading the article, it's interesting to know that Terrence Howard was the one that actually recommended Marvel Studios to take a look at Robert Downey Jr. for the part of Iron Man:

Robert Downey Jr. was born to play that part and it was wonderful that that part has given him the stature that he was supposed to hold before." 

Howard then went on to take credit for helping Downey land the comic book hero.

For me to have recommended him, it means all the more so that I helped someone get to where they are supposed to go," the Crash star continued.

#15 Posted by DarkSyde79 (214 posts) - - Show Bio

Falcon: Yes, Luke Cage: HELL NO!!! In the end, he’s gotta rebound after the debacle. 

#16 Posted by Gylan Thomas (2727 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd not want Howard for 'Panther.
hope this doesn't stir up any trouble but I sorta think 'Panther should...er...darker...
Cage should be bigger too.

#17 Posted by mv (1876 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!:  oh forget that can he even act
#18 Posted by Mr.Hulk_Smashin'! (2569 posts) - - Show Bio
@MTS said:
" @Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!:  oh forget that can he even act "
Well he's got the body for it. I just want some Tall Muscular, Super-dark black dude to play him..... Like a younger version of Michael Clark Duncan, that dude was awesome as the kingpin.
#19 Posted by Walker696 (984 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to see Howard as Falcon simply because he is a character not many people know about and Howard would bring a very well known name to his label. As for Luke Cage I'd rather see Micheal Jay White for that role and for Panther I would like to see Djimon Hounsou for Black Panther. Both aren't major stars but both can not only act the part they already look the part as both are somewhat athletic and have experience in martial arts.

#20 Posted by Omg chris (1607 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to see him as panther why not

#21 Posted by Red L.A.M.P. (2828 posts) - - Show Bio

Morgan Freeman as Black Panther

Staff
#22 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

No to Panther, Maybe to Cage, YES to Falcon
#23 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3549 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not as familiar with Howard's work as I am with Cheadle's. Though, after watching the Iron Man 2 movie. Cheadle really sold the best friend connection with Robert Downey Jr.. Howard's version felt more side kick. That fight in Iron Man 2 felt very believable. Normally fights between hero characters always feels really forced. That wasn't the case for this recent movie.

Could be nice to see what Howard does next.

#24 Posted by HaloKing343 (1252 posts) - - Show Bio

Luke Cage and Black Panther? Come on, that's racist. You think just because he's black that he's gonna play a black guy. Hey, Nick Fury isn't black but they have Samuel L. Jackson playing him! Just because he's black in the comics has no relevance to the movie-verse. Howard could play any role. The only restrictions should be on gender, but there should be no racial restrictions. Anybody should be able to play anything. Halley Berry was catwoman in the awful catwoman movie and catowman has never been black in any of the comics!
#25 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd rank them as Falcon first, Luke Cage second and Black Panther third for roles I'd like to see him in. I guess they could make Hawkeye black but if Iron Man's going to be in Avengers I dunno if they'd have Terrence acting opposite Robert Downey Jr again. I'd see him in one of the individual members of the Avengers movie rather than the Avengers movie itself.

#26 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio

The Falcon or Black Panther would make sense. I still think that Tyrese Gibson would make a good Luke Cage.

#27 Posted by rlmay3 (256 posts) - - Show Bio

I think falcon seems like a good match but the only reason I don't think he would be is the relationship with Cap would draw major comparison's to his role with Tony Stark in IM1. To me at least, the two seem like kind of similar allies to headliner heroes. Regardless, though, I think he'd be a good fit for the role.

#28 Posted by Red L.A.M.P. (2828 posts) - - Show Bio
@HaloKing343 said:
" Luke Cage and Black Panther? Come on, that's racist. You think just because he's black that he's gonna play a black guy. Hey, Nick Fury isn't black but they have Samuel L. Jackson playing him! Just because he's black in the comics has no relevance to the movie-verse. Howard could play any role. The only restrictions should be on gender, but there should be no racial restrictions. Anybody should be able to play anything. Halley Berry was catwoman in the awful catwoman movie and catowman has never been black in any of the comics! "
Dude.  So many inaccuracies here.
Staff
#29 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

He should be Hawkeye so all the fanboys will be pissed

#30 Posted by ImperiousRix (1069 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jordanstine:
Oh wow, that'd be perfect.  He could definitely be a good Falcon if they decide to go that route.
#31 Posted by HaloKing343 (1252 posts) - - Show Bio
@Red L.A.M.P. said:
" @HaloKing343 said:
" Luke Cage and Black Panther? Come on, that's racist. You think just because he's black that he's gonna play a black guy. Hey, Nick Fury isn't black but they have Samuel L. Jackson playing him! Just because he's black in the comics has no relevance to the movie-verse. Howard could play any role. The only restrictions should be on gender, but there should be no racial restrictions. Anybody should be able to play anything. Halley Berry was catwoman in the awful catwoman movie and catowman has never been black in any of the comics! "
Dude.  So many inaccuracies here. "

Kingpin was black in Daredevil
#32 Posted by creole (229 posts) - - Show Bio

will this every end?

#33 Edited by mister garbage (365 posts) - - Show Bio

He shouldn't play anything. Nothing against the actor at all, he's great, but they shouldn't have let him play Rhodes, replace Howard's Rhodes with Cheadle, and then try to bring Howard back as another hero. It's distracting. 

Just like they should keep Norton on as Banner/Hulk - moving around so many actors is distracting to the viewer and makes it seem like they're writing off their previous movies. Bad enough we have the Human Torch playing Capt. America now (although i can almost forgive that since F4 wasn't done by Marvel Studios). 

What would we think if they replaced RD Jr. in the Avengers movie? It'd be frigg'n distracting as hell. We'd all watch it and be thinking that it should be Robert Downey Jr. 

Have i beat this into the ground enough yet?

#34 Edited by A-Strondinaire (370 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh Falcon my @$$ Falcon is my least favorite black character because he looks so goofy and he makes me feel uncomfortable because how stereotypical he is he would be a good Luke cage Black Panther i don't know  Dijimon Hounsou would be perfect
#35 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

sorry his voice just doesnt add up to what a super hero should sound like, unless he plays the ultimate version of black panther where he doesnt talk.

#36 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

Blade reboot! LOL

#37 Posted by GothamBat (644 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah, I could see him as The Falcon. Not so much Luke Cage or Black Panther. I always imagined them with really deep voices. lol

#38 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio
@A-Strondinaire said:
" Oh Falcon my @$$ Falcon is my least favorite black character because he looks so goofy and he makes me feel uncomfortable because how stereotypical he is he would be a good Luke cage Black Panther i don't know  Dijimon Hounsou would be perfect "
How is Falcon a stereotype?
#39 Posted by ArtJoker (521 posts) - - Show Bio

Falcon for me

#40 Posted by A-Strondinaire (370 posts) - - Show Bio

He's from that era where they just threw a black guy on and he become the stereotypical token

#41 Posted by spiderguylll (620 posts) - - Show Bio

u guys are aiming to high...he could be BP's dad or something

#42 Posted by Silver Knight75 (1145 posts) - - Show Bio

You can't be serious 

#43 Posted by ComicCrazy (1537 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like him as falcon but nooooooooo way for Black Panther.
#44 Posted by Peevo (39 posts) - - Show Bio

night thrasher...no wait sleep walker lol

#45 Posted by twiztidtunes (75 posts) - - Show Bio

TH for Falcon I'd go with, Black Panter would be like Jimmie-Jean Lewis or what ever the Haitian from Heroes name is. Cage-You'd need like a Rampage Jackson or Bobby Lashely for looks but can they act? Rampage is in the ATeam so lets see.
#46 Posted by cmaprice (809 posts) - - Show Bio

If they made Falcon, he could be ok, though I'd prefer he not come back as a character in the same universe. 

He's too laid back to be Black Panther and too scrawny to be Cage. 

If they were to make the more modern "I'm a father now" Cage, I think Kevin Grevioux could be good. But I have a feeling Marvel would want someone younger.

#47 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio

I could see him as the Falcon , but I doubt that's who it is.
#48 Posted by darkxman123 (198 posts) - - Show Bio

looks a bit like falcon  
but if he bulked alot and i mean alot he could play luke cage

#49 Posted by Green ankh (998 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd still like to see Wesley Snipes play Black Panther. I'd rather see T Howard be a villan or one of the main SHIELD agents.
#50 Posted by dondasch (926 posts) - - Show Bio

Howard isn't really that talented of an actor in my opinion.  The entire reason he left Iron Man was because he signed the original contract to play Rhodey, and apparently didn't think it would mushroom in profits like it did then subsequently wanted a salary to rival RDJ's.  

I'm happier with having Don Cheadle as Rhodey/War Machine, even though it is not a central character to this point imo.  That being said, there is not a movie I can think of in the Marvel universe that I'd want to see him play a main character.  There is no way he can play Luke Cage, sorry to anyone who feels that way.  Much better Luke Cage would be someone like Michael Clarke Duncan or perhaps the man who was on one of the ships in Dark Knight who took away the detonator from the warden.  Name escapes me, so off to look it up I go.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.