Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11197 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

SUPERIOR IRON MAN: Super-Businessman or Super-Jerk?

• 82 results
    donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This is really smelling and looking kinda like Superior Spider-man..... sending drones out to watch everyone? the hero feels he's making a difference and or helping everyone even though he kind of isn't...

I bought issue 1 of Superior Iron man, but didn't follow up. I miss the Black and Gold armor.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a7a162f64fe5
    deactivated-5a7a162f64fe5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good intentions pave the way to hell.

Yeah, good ole' Tony. He gave a good measure of his character in Civil War. Where's the Thunder God to give him a good beat down to set him straight!

whiteknight67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iragexcudder: I think Iron Man aka Tony Stark is beyond RICH. LOL He can do anything he wants. I like it. He is a A$$ that is when he is the BEST.

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really good article, you should think about doing a bit more of this type of plot update articles. Even though I don't read Iron Man, its good to hear about what's going on in different parts of the Marvel U.

Has Daredevil's vision returning been covered in his book? or just Iron Man?

Avatar image for romthelegionaire
    Romthelegionaire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

This is really smelling and looking kinda like Superior Spider-man..... sending drones out to watch everyone? the hero feels he's making a difference and or helping everyone even though he kind of isn't...

This. The only difference is that Otto had spider-bots while Tony has drones. If you remember in Superior Spider-Man, people eventually started destroying Otto's bots but here apparently nobody cares about Stark invading their privacy.

ElmoHump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fattytravy: Yeah my bad I got that just as soon as I hit posted the reply haha.

Avatar image for deactivated-63fb498d62be5
    deactivated-63fb498d62be5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's a jerk -he always was.

Avatar image for sweetisvengeance
    SweetisVengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, ever since Tony Stark supported the registration of superhumans and even waged war against his fellow heroes I've been leery of the guy. You just can't trust Tony Stark.

Agreed tony stark needs to get bitchslapped and kicked out of avengers

Avatar image for currentthor2015
    CurrentThor2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@cave_duck: If you want to know about Daredevils vision - Daredevils vision faded in the last issue, and he didnt get it back as he didnt want to keep using Starks Extremis.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super-Both.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By sinikettu

@sweetisvengeance: I have a bit of feeling that this might actually be the way things get 'normalised' in the end... somebody literally beats some sense back in to Tony or his forced to face the ultimate consequences of his actions, in any case I wouldn't want to be Stark when the butcher's bill gets paid.

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

esparza3368

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sweetisvengeance:

Hell yeah, Tony Stark is more like an anti-hero. Nothing wrong with Anti-Heroes, I like stories with well written anti-heroes but Marvel writes him like if he was a hero, flawed but a hero.

A hero doesn't attack comrades because they have Stark tech, doesn't provide tech to the mutant-hunting Sentinel program, doesn't lead an execution squad for the Supreme Intelligence, doesn't create a superhuman registration progran, doesn't attack heroes whom refuse to register, doesn't form an Illuminati that among other things exiles the Hulk, & doesn't advocate blowing up alternate reality Earths.

If they want to make him into a character that sometimes is a villain, sometimes is a hero, and sometimes both (like Magneto for example) that would actually be a good idea and would work out better than the way they have him right now.

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
    deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's $99 a day to be perfect. No crime, great skin, perfect friends. Tony for Mayor!

XGalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah you can definitely tell it's building to a quick head. In issues 1-3 he gets progressively more white collar evil. Now in issue 4 he's officially become a full on super villain by essentially infecting everyone in town with a virus he had to have crated in just a few days. Also, the way he treats Teen Abomination is pretty deplorable. I'm kind of looking forward to getting the old Tony back.

JarekH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well i was always big fan of IronMan. But now it is a little bit confusing, but as storyline is going on it is ok. Will see next issue. By the way where is Arno Stark? (space station i know) But as far I remember in Iron Metropolitan he was the one lookin forward on extremis.

??

Starleafgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#81  Edited By Starleafgirl

"SUPERIOR IRON MAN: Super-Businessman or Super-Jerk?"

Why not both??

;D

Honestly, the two do seem to go hand in hand...

I'm glad they've made it so obvious that he's a supervillain now. It was obvious with Superior Spider-Man, too, but that guy still had his fans for some reason.

Avatar image for currentthor2015
    CurrentThor2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starleafgirl: Superior Spider-Man wasnt a villain, he just did everything in a more violent and controlling way, he never did anything to bring harm to citizens by his own hand, unlike Tony Stark with Extremis.

max8800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

he has so much respect from me for thinking of this

linkstering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

If only the Extremist app exists in real life that way any annoying ugly chicks in my life can just be made beautiful with a push of a button, if your going to annoy me 24/7 even after i said leave me alone you can at least look attractive and physically desirable that way I might actually fucking wanna go out with you. anyway Tony should see that this idea is a double edge sword that is going t get bloody real soon.

HollowMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KeK , Now you discover Tony Stark being a Jerk? May I recall you all of civil war? Tony was always a jerk.. A super one!

And my pal Daredevil is the one that always calls it for Tony , let's remember the glorious Judas quote in Civil War.

mcdavid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By mcdavid
    @generaltekno said:

What I'm eagerly waiting for is for someone else to figure out how Extremis ACTUALLY works, and to then cobble together a hacked trigger for it.

All it takes is one person with a computer, after all. Tony's business plan is a lot more fragile than he's allowed himself to believe.

Bingo. That's exactly where I think that series is going as well.

We've seen this many times before with Ironman: he comes up with a genuine idea, albeit slightly unethical and pushes for it. Eventually it goes through, and sure enough it doesn't take very long for it to backfire. Tony Stark for all his good will is a very flawed guy. He means well but he suffers from hubris and it takes him a loooooong time to realize his original vision got corrupted along the way. He eventually always does right by it anyway, as you do in comics.

I gotta be honest, that bad cop routine Ironman's been running with since Civil War has not annoyed me as much as I thought it would, it makes him walk a fine line between hero and anti-hero. And I like it.

Afterall we're living in a age where the line where the line between technology and human life are getting more and more blurred. Often doing a lot of good, and a lot of bad. Generally with good intents, even if sometimes it doesn't ever get there. Who better than Marvel's resident tech guy Tony Stark to bring those issues in comic form ?

fiodestromus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh he's always been like this

I think we knew the true Tony Stark in Civil War when they were about to send away Hulk and Namor challenged him.Then right after he tried to push everyone to register literally right after sending Hulk away.(Probably the only one who could fight against that law)

So this does not surprise

octavaluna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, just... wow. The amount of blindness and bias in both this article and the comments are overwhelming.

1. Why is not mentioned in this article anything about the fact that HE HAD HIS MIND TWISTED BY THE RED SCULL? This is not Tony Stark, this is the aftermath of the "spell" that reversed his mind and his personality. The fact that he started drinking again is more than proof enough this something is terribly wrong with him. How the hell none of you mentioned that? Tony once said that his greatest fear was that someone would use his mind to destroy his life. This is EXACTLY what's happening here. (again: drinking. If you are familiar with what Tony went through to stop his addiction, this should have raised a thousand alarms for you.)

2. I love how people in the comments keep bringing the CW into this. When Tony Stark wasn't even the villain during Civil War. And if you believe so, we did not red the same story at all.

Truth be told, there was no villain in that story. I once wrote an ass-long thesis about the events of it from the point of view of simple humans compared to the conditions of life in the history of our world (safety of the majority vs. rights of the minority) and the whole story is a struggle, a search for balance between the two. But if you are so convinced that Iron Man was the villain, go read "What If? Civil War" (What if? vol.6 or Earth-2108) Let's see how you'd like if he WAS NOT involved in it (clue, it's NOT pretty. What he did for the superhuman community as a whole during CW was far more what Captain America did.)

3. Tony Stark has a history of being Marvel's rag doll. They throw him around and blame him with all for making bad decisions when, first of all, he makes one bad decision in between a hundred good ones, and he is eaten alive, and second: at least he DOES SOMETHING. He is always in charge of choosing the lesser evil when there is no other options, and when his plan works and everything is over he is blamed by the idealists that didn't know what to do in the first place. (Specially Steve. Seriously, that guy's characterization is so badly done sometimes I want to bang my head against a wall)

He protects his own no matter the cost, even if he knows he will be demonized for it. That's what he did during CW, that's what he did during the Incursions, and that's what he is NOT doing now because HE IS NOT IN HIS RIGHT MIND.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The incursion made him a sociopath.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.