Second Chances: Iron Man

• 69 results
Posted by inferiorego (20600 posts) - - Show Bio

I used to love Iron Man. He wasn’t my favorite character over at Marvel, but he was darn near close to it. In 2006, something happened that made me hate the character… Civil War. It had nothing to do with who was writing or drawing the book he was in, but it had everything to do with what they did to the character. Iron Man had become Marvel’s #1 villain by forcing super-heroes to reveal their identities, register with their government, and putting a rift between allies and friends. The worst part, for me, was that my favorite Marvel character, Captain , was opposed to Iron Man and his registration act, forcing me to choose sides. (It’s an excellent read, if you haven’t read it)

It’s been 4 years since I picked up an Iron Man book. I’ve hated the character in the MU, and I’ve wanted nothing to do with him, until this past year. In 2008, Matt Fraction and Salvador Larroca launched “Invincible Iron ” An Omnibus recently came out with the first 19 issues in it, which was pretty much the first story. This doesn’t just read as a great Iron Man story. This reads as a great suspense story. I’d say it reads as a great “mystery” story, but the reader knows who the antagonist is from the moment the book starts. It’s not so much about “whodunit” but more about “how they went about it.” Although Iron Man is still technically I “fell in hate” with, he is entirely more compelling as a character as the reader sees a side of Tony that is more compassionate. After this omnibus, however, is a story arc (called Stark: Disassembled) that completely changes the “name of the game.” I know that is cryptic, but I don’t want to reveal anything.

Invincible Iron Man #20
What do you need to know about this run of Iron Man? Well, prepare for a few very small spoilers. Aside from Civil War, you need to know there is a distrust of Tony Stark right now because many believe he could have prevented the Secret Invasion because he had prior knowledge to it. The armor he currently uses is plugged into his brain. It’s no longer some giant piece of metal climbs into and has to control. The suit can work as quickly as his brain can. Norman Osborn, just Norman not Green Goblin, wants power and wants it all.

Although Iron Man became one of those characters I just couldn’t stand anymore, this current volume redeems the hero inside of Tony Stark and this omnibus is worth your money. It goes for $40 for the hardcover, but that’s 19 issues. It’s well worth it, and if you’re thrifty, like I tend to be, you can find this book on the internet for $26 at the cheapest, and that’s a deal you shouldn’t pass up. Iron Man is a character that deserves a second chance.

~Mat Elfring is a comedian, teacher, comic book writer, comic store employee, and an Iron Man fan once again.~

Staff
#1 Posted by warlock360 (26901 posts) - - Show Bio

19 issues? damn

#2 Posted by jlat89 (317 posts) - - Show Bio

must be one hell of a volume
sounds like i've found a part of my summer reading

#3 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
The entire run is amazing.
#4 Edited by Jordanstine (907 posts) - - Show Bio

I had neutral feelings for Iron Man previously, but after Civil War, I too started disliking the guy, so much so that when I was playing Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 (please bring back the DLC you sorry Activision), I didn't care to use him much; haven't even played his side of the story yet.   

Guess Marvel's storyline really worked and sort of forced us to choose a side and hate the other, even Ms. Marvel

You fool! It's spelled "annals"!
Then it was later revealed that Tony Stark was in fact really Sherlock Holmes! 

And all was forgiven in the anals of history.
#5 Posted by timrothsays (653 posts) - - Show Bio

lol, I could not read beyond the first sentence. He is/was awesome. Always. And I don't really understand people who liked him and after Millar's Civil War unliked him. You people just didn't like him AT ALL. Sad story

#6 Posted by Merc with a Bullseye (7 posts) - - Show Bio

I too was a tony stark hater after civil war. I thought i would never pick up another iron man book again. Then my comic shop recommended this book to me last yr. Matt Fraction did wonders to this book and leaves me wanting more. One of the best marvel books out right now and i'm glad to i've stayed on to this series.

#7 Posted by GreenGriffin (67 posts) - - Show Bio

Mark Millar really did screw over the character in Civil War
#8 Posted by Iron Lantern (3 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really get how people "hated" Tony after/during Civil War, if anything it had humongous character development for him.  The amazing thing about Civil War is that there really was no villain (in my opinion), just two leaders trying to do what they think is the best for their people.  Heck, I'd go so far even as to say that without CW Tony would still be a second stringer.     

#9 Posted by ironshadow (1470 posts) - - Show Bio

I had no problem with Tony during or after Civil War, he supported a law and tried to do right thing for everyone, that doesn't make him a bad guy and it's not fair how people hate him because of that, the one that I really hated for how he handled the whole thing is Spider-Man, that little punk.

#10 Posted by lostlantern13 (859 posts) - - Show Bio

Matt Fraction's Invincible Iron Man is a great read. It usually is among my 5 favorite books from any given month.  Given how the last arc ended, I don't think that'll change as we move forward.

That omnibus is a great deal. I'd fully recommend it to anyone.

#11 Posted by Dro (941 posts) - - Show Bio

The series is an amazing read, and probably actually worth the $40 price tag (it'd cost about $60 to pick up the comics individually, and they're worth it). Everyone should read it.

#12 Posted by Yaujtapool (7577 posts) - - Show Bio

It is really brilliant and i would recommend it.

Definitely worth a read.

#13 Posted by jstarzyk (313 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a really compelling read.  It covers the "World Most Wanted" storyline, where Osborne is hunting down Iron Man to get access to the Superhero Registration Database. 

#14 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4140 posts) - - Show Bio

One of the best titles I picked up and am really glad I got in early, only missing the first two issues of World's Most Wanted and got the first volume of Invinible Iron Man in trade. I might even pick up this omnibus just to have it.

#15 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29332 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man became such an unbelievable douchebag.... now he's......  

an unbelievable douchebag that's likeable again?
#16 Posted by Pez85 (205 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is that everyone hates Stark? He was on the side of the LAW during Civil War. Sure, some of his actions during the event were questionable, but he was doing what he thought was right. Why does no one complain about Steve Rogers? How many times has he told the American government to take a flying leap? And yet, he's still seen as the shinning example of the "American Way"? 

If Stark was really as big of a douche as everyone says he is, at the end of Civil War, he would've tossed every single member of the "resistance" into the Negative Zone. Instead, he gave a pardon to those who wanted it. Hell, he even helped Spider-Man by footing the bill for Aunt May after she got shot, even though Spidey was then considered to be one of the bad guys. Even at the end of Civil War, the people were behind Stark. The only ones that seem to have an issue with him are the "New Avengers". 

#17 Posted by lostlantern13 (859 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 said:
"Iron Man became such an unbelievable douchebag.... now he's......   ......... ......... an unbelievable douchebag that's likeable again? "

Lol.  

I think the brilliance of Fraction's run is that he has peeled back the Iron shell to look through the Iron Man mythos. With World's Most Wanted and Stark: Dissassembled, it's just a great character study of the man....really getting back to the basics. Whether Tony's likeable or not depends on the reader, but we really get to see why he's a cool character and what makes it all up.
#18 Posted by Band Lone (1789 posts) - - Show Bio

HELL NO! He deserves a big beating for selling his friends! >_<

HE MESSED UP SPIDER-MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stupid brand new day cr@p happened because of him! >_< 

Extra note: He should be neutered

#19 Posted by Tyler Starke (4410 posts) - - Show Bio

I never stopped loving Iron Man!

#20 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio

I think a hero that they show make mistakes makes for a good chacarter.  Personally I didn't read any Avenger characters til I read Ultimates and it got me interested them.  I usually hate boyscout characters but Captain America is my favorite Marvel character right now, but it's Ultimate Cap.  The perfect American idol, but Ultimates version has him the perfect soldier.  He kills when he has to. 
#21 Posted by TylerLux (29 posts) - - Show Bio

I am a huge Iron Man fan and I really liked the extremis abilities; but I am glad to see Iron Man going back to his roots with technology. 

#22 Posted by War Killer (19520 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man and Captain America are my favorite superheroes, so reading Civil War wasn't really to me about taking a side with my fav' character, but just enjoying the great story of two heroes who are fighting for what they believe in. 

As for Iron Man: He has earned his second chance already during Most Wanted and Stark Disassembled.

#23 Posted by Violet-Eyed Dragon (2271 posts) - - Show Bio

iron man doesn't need to be redeemed he did the right thing

nick fury and cyclops are the real villains

#24 Posted by MSBoyd23 (112 posts) - - Show Bio

I hated Iron Man after Civil War and only picked up Invincible because Pepper Potts and Maria Hill have such big roles in the book. It was kind of a "Whatever. I've got an open spot so I might as well get it" decision, and thus far I've yet to be disappointed by a single issue. For those of you on the fence about picking up this series: do it. The stuff going on is going to seriously change the Marvel Universe. And I say that knowing full well that solicitations overuse that statement. But I'm actually serious. Seriously.

#25 Edited by cmaprice (787 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man was depicted as a dick in recent years, but he's not a villain. Of course, I had a philosophically pro-registration bias, even though I disagreed with the methods they used and more beloved characters were of the anti or neutral persuasion.

#26 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4365 posts) - - Show Bio

it doesnt matter if Iron Man deserves a 2nd chance... hes getting it regardless..

hehehehe

#27 Posted by Antiochus (34 posts) - - Show Bio
@Band Lone said:
" HELL NO! He deserves a big beating for selling his friends! >_<  HE MESSED UP SPIDER-MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stupid brand new day cr@p happened because of him! >_<   Extra note: He should be neutered "
Er, If the point is that you are bad for beating up and selling your friends, I would like to remind you that during the civil war, Cap beated Iron Man to an inch of his life and schemed with the kingpin.  As for Spider-Man, he betrayed Iron Man and bashed the shit out of Mr.Fantastic...
#28 Posted by squiresmadnessmachine (303 posts) - - Show Bio

i never really liked or hated iron man he was always kinda just there and then civil war built him up so much and made people hate him i couldnt help but like him especially after they killed cap(tear) you kinda  were forced to follow him for a while. then with him running shield and the invasion i kinda lost interest in iron man (becuase cap was coming back) but i will definately be picking this up so i can read everything that i missed
#29 Posted by AirDave817 (786 posts) - - Show Bio

Excellent read. I might have to pick that Omni up... 

For one reason or another I think I just got bored or lost interest in Marvel and became a DC-phile toward the '90's. I don't think I've read Iron Man since maybe the late '70's or mid '80's. At least. I've read Busiek-Perez's run on Avengers, and, now, Bendis' run. I've skirted Civil War and Secret Invasion. Just reading it in New Avengers trades. 

I can't see hating Tony Stark, any more than I can see hating Kyle Raynor.  

When I last read Avengers/Iron Man back in the day, Stark was Ultron's mole. That was before the recent launch of Mighty Avengers where Ultron was a chick and wore Tony ("dude looked like a lady!") Pym may have built Ultron, The Vision and Jocasta (I think, right), but Ultron got to Stark through his armor (didn't he?)...feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Probably am...  

I've always gotten the feeling from reading Iron Man that Stark was a lot like Hal Jordan, but with more money and technology. That's why that DC/Marvel Iron Lantern was so cool. I could see where he could do what he did during Civil War. "Good" people can do some very "bad" things...  

#30 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

I never hated him. but i read between the lines. first off, his side was in the right.
Steve even agreed in the end as they both panned around and saw the destruction around them.
also, yes im saying it, the Skrulls manipulated and created the whole situation. And i mean
they showed that in detail, down to every detail. they even showed that outside of just Skrull
Pym and Skrull Reeds influence, who if one remembers came up with the fine and worse details, they also showed that Veranke had been manipulating Tony the whole time as well, mainly using the pheromones she inherited from Spider-Woman. and when it came to a head, all of it, every scrap fell on Tonys shoulders. and why was that again? Norman Osborn. so in lieu of that i cant call it any otherway.
granted at the time of Civil War, i was like " the hell? ". but it all came out after the fact. essentially Tony got the shaft if you ask me. He's never been a complete saint, but to say he was utterly responsible for everything? especially when it comes out that he definatly wasnt? i guess the city loves its sunshine, but it loves its dirt even more at times. 
as for the Iron Man run...

@Yaujtapool said:

" It is really brilliant and i would recommend it.  Definitely worth a read. "

@Dro said:
" The series is an amazing read, and probably actually worth the $40 price tag (it'd cost about $60 to pick up the comics individually, and they're worth it). Everyone should read it. "

@Nova`Prime` said:
" One of the best titles I picked up and am really glad I got in early, only missing the first two issues of World's Most Wanted and got the first volume of Invinible Iron Man in trade. I might even pick up this omnibus just to have it. "

agreed, and then some and so on and so forth. excellant reading straight through.
#31 Posted by Grim (2075 posts) - - Show Bio

honestly, the only reason Ironman is no longer one of my favorite characters is because of the fundemental changes he went through during Civil War. He went from being a self-involved bastard with a conscience to a more intelligent Batman. Honestly? Saving a strand of Thors hair would not have been a Tony Stark move when they first met. Trying to gauge the wattage of the Hammer? yes. but DNA storage and advanced strategy planning are both Reed Richards/Batman moves.Tony stark never used to give a damn about anything but tech and his right to keep it to himself. How does that transilate into forcing his fellow heroes to become government agents, all the while refusing to give the ironman tech to sheild.  Idk. i feel like marvels desire to put Cap vs. Ironman on all their covers made them ignorant to the fact that Tony Stark is a liberal in almost every sense of the word, and would not go advocating to register government agents, or even begin to think that he should save this gods strand of hair in case he ever needed his genetic make up.  
 most people fell in love with the same Iron Man depicted in the movie. sex. Drinking. Independence from the government. Tech. and his complete lack of caring for almost everything else. but CW tony Stark was not that guy. Not at all.
#32 Posted by LB70145 (189 posts) - - Show Bio
@Pez85:  He is the shining example of the American way. I believe it was Jefferson that said that a little rebellion every once in a while is what a country needs to stay strong. Steve fought for what he believed was right as well. Sometimes going against the government is the right move. Remember that interracial marriage was once illegal in the U.S. Slavery was accepted and only white males with land were the only ones allowed to vote. Do you think we should have just rolled over on those issues or fight against it as we did?

"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world - 'No, you move.'" - Steve Rogers

"Captain America is not here to lead the country. I'm here to serve it. If I'm a captain, then I'm a soldier. Not of any military branch, but of the American people. Years ago, in simpler times, this suit and this shield were created as a symbol to help make America the land it's supposed to be... to help it realize its destiny. Ricocheting from super-villain duel to super-villain duel doesn't always serve that purpose. There's a difference between fighting against evil and fighting for the common good. I'm not always able to choose my battles... but effective immediately, I'm going to make an effort to choose the battles that matter. Battles against injustice, against cynicism, against intolerance. I will still serve with the Avengers. I will continue to defend this nation from any and all threats it may face. But as of today, I am not a "super hero." Now and forevermore, I am a man of the people. Together, you and I will identify and confront America's problems. Together, we will figure out what we are and what we can be. Together, we will define the American Dream and make it an American reality." - Steve Rogers

"Do you actually think the fact that you know how to program a computer makes you more of a human being than me? That I'm out of touch because I don't know what you know? I know what freedom is. I know what it feels like to fight for it and I know what it costs to have it. You know compromise." - Steve Rogers

"These are dark and desperate times. I know that some of you are afraid. It's alright. It's perfectly natural. But I want you to know that I am not. I am not afraid to die this day because what we do here is necessary. It may seem impossible, our enemies may appear to be endless, but that doesn't matter. Because there is no one else. Look at me. I believe in an idea, an idea that a single individual who has the right heart and the right mind that is consumed with a single purpose, that one man can win a war. Give that one man a group of soldiers with the same conviction, and you can change the world." - Steve Rogers
#33 Posted by They Killed Cap! (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

No he dosn't deserve a second chance. He's a jerk and he has been given plenty of second chances.
#34 Edited by Antiochus (34 posts) - - Show Bio
@They Killed Cap!:  

And I thought I was taking comics a tad to seriously... 

Seriously, try Fraction's Iron Man.  Its probably one of the best read I had in a while.
#35 Posted by Archetype (731 posts) - - Show Bio

You know when Civil War started I hadn't been reading very long before then but I found myself opposing Tony and not liking him much because of what he had done.However as time has passed I have found myself not only liking the character but often playing Devil's advocate and defending him.What happened with Tony makes sense to me you know a lot of people call him a jerk and despise him for it but that is a part of Tony that I like.He isn't always nice and you know there are people like that, I mean I'm sure people have thought of me as a jerk but I think overall I'm a nice fellow.Anyone can be a jerk sometimes and it might even be unintentional but you can't pretend you stand on some kind of moral highground and just judge everyone, people who absolutely hate Tony for what happened are being too black and white about things and only the Sith deal in absolutes.Overall I am happy with what they are doing with him now but I just hope as I've stated that he doesn't do a 180 and maybe he still thinks he was partially right, which he was hence the whole Avengers Academy.It wasn't Tony's fault that what he built,The Initiative, was used by 2 different evil people,Veranke and Osborn, to sew destruction and cause havoc.I mean the Skrulls were very clever with their infiltration, no one suspected a thing.Then with Osborn Tony had nothing to do with that but I think if anything Tony has payed the price for not being the able to stop Osborn even though no else could either.I just can't wait for Tony to get back to his engineering roots and creating and saving lives.

#36 Posted by Blindside002 (226 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't hate him because of what he did in Civil War, in fact I actually agree with what he did in the end. I won't go into details, but I just believe that he felt he had to take the road no one else would take to perserve safety for those he continues to want to protect. 
#37 Edited by jefprice (878 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the people who blame Tony for CW are not reading the same books that I and the staff at Marvel are. Since Tony said from day one he knew it was either the reg act or war...Cap chose war. Tony was NEVER happy with what happened, but like with everything else that happened during that time, no one would hear what he had to say and as a result everything he said came to pass. Steve has always been thick skulled, his arrogance got kids killed during CW started a war that could have been avoided if only they tried to do things Tony's way. but no, as always Steve knew best and Tony was a fool for thinking otherwise. They had two choices, #1 start a war. #2 go along with it and change the system from the inside. Sadly #1 was what STEVE chose   

Like Happy said, Tony was the only one who saw both sides and the whole picture and knew what to do. 

#38 Posted by Walker696 (984 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly I strongly disagreed with his stance in Civil War but I stood by him through it the whole time. I honestly believe every big name hero needs to go through a phase where people shouldn't like them, part of being a hero is knowing that at times you may not be liked but you must still do what you think is right even when others think you are wrong and hate you for it. You gotta stick with a favorite character no matter what, trust me, I've had to experience some bad stuff with some of my favorites. 

Pictures speak a thousand words:

#39 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@Walker696: 

I honestly believe every big name hero needs to go through a phase where people shouldn't like them, part of being a hero is knowing that at times you may not be liked but you must still do what you think is right even when others think you are wrong and hate you for it.

agreed, and well put. in real life this is more often than not as well. doing the right thing
isnt about making friends or being praised for it, its just about doing the right thing, and usually
its going to be something one really doesnt like doing either.
#40 Edited by G'bandit (13689 posts) - - Show Bio
@Antiochus said:

" @Band Lone said:

" HELL NO! He deserves a big beating for selling his friends! >_<  HE MESSED UP SPIDER-MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stupid brand new day cr@p happened because of him! >_<   Extra note: He should be neutered "

Er, If the point is that you are bad for beating up and selling your friends, I would like to remind you that during the civil war, Cap beated Iron Man to an inch of his life and schemed with the kingpin.  As for Spider-Man, he betrayed Iron Man and bashed the shit out of Mr.Fantastic... "
Oh, please, Iron man deserve each and every single beating he has ever had! 

Peper Pots: Excuse me, MR. Bandit.. Are you saying he deserves to die? 

Me: O___O Errr... Samuel L. Jackson, answer that for me please

#41 Posted by Antiochus (34 posts) - - Show Bio

@G'bandit said:
" @Antiochus said:

" @Band Lone said:

Er, If the point is that you are bad for beating up and selling your friends, I would like to remind you that during the civil war, Cap beated Iron Man to an inch of his life and schemed with the kingpin.  As for Spider-Man, he betrayed Iron Man and bashed the shit out of Mr.Fantastic... "

So, its alright to beat friends if they deserve it? 

Im sorry, but considering how the fight started off with Cap using Tony's goodwill against him, the notion of moral highground is not appropritate to define Cap's position.  He was just as thickheaded as Iron Man and convinced he war right.  Ready to start a war without ever letting anyone a chance to go down the middle way, just like Tony.  Both men made mistakes.  Stark's flaw was one of of form; he simply decided that he had to win at all cost, Cap's flaw was  actually more in term of matter, he could not imagine that things would not go the way he wished, which explains why the man went to war without an endgame planned out.  Afterall, even if he had defeated Tony and got all the remaining heroes on his side, the bill would still have been there.  The only difference would be that instead of having civil war between heroes, it would be a total war between governments and heroes.  Not a much better scenario.

You are hating a comic book character.  Its weird within itself.  
#42 Posted by G'bandit (13689 posts) - - Show Bio
@Antiochus said:
"
@G'bandit said:
" @Antiochus said:

" @Band Lone said:

So, its alright to beat friends if they deserve it?  Im sorry, but considering how the fight started off with Cap using Tony's goodwill against him, the notion of moral highground is not appropritate to define Cap's position.  He was just as thickheaded as Iron Man and convinced he war right.  Ready to start a war without ever letting anyone a chance to go down the middle way, just like Tony.  Both men made mistakes.  Stark's flaw was one of of form; he simply decided that he had to win at all cost, Cap's flaw was  actually more in term of matter, he could not imagine that things would not go the way he wished, which explains why the man went to war without an endgame planned out.  Afterall, even if he had defeated Tony and got all the remaining heroes on his side, the bill would still have been there.  The only difference would be that instead of having civil war between heroes, it would be a total war between governments and heroes.  Not a much better scenario. You are hating a comic book character.  Its weird within itself.   "
Tony Stark is a selfish, arrogant, drunk womanizerwho hides behind the image of a superhero to hide his flaws.. And when money comes by he will sell even his grandma for a buck...
#43 Posted by Antiochus (34 posts) - - Show Bio
@G'bandit:  

Im sorry, but have you ever read an Iron Man comic? 

The man sacrificed everything he owned, everything he was, to save the heroes who could have been discovered by Osborn.   
He actually stopped drinking since a long while now and the fact to the matter is that he pretty much admits his flaws to whoever will listen. 

Im not saying he is flawless, but self sacrifice is actually one of his greater quality.  So I ask again, did you ever read his comics?
#44 Posted by G'bandit (13689 posts) - - Show Bio
@Antiochus said:
" @G'bandit:  

Im sorry, but have you ever read an Iron Man comic? 

The man sacrificed everything he owned, everything he was, to save the heroes who could have been discovered by Osborn.   He actually stopped drinking since a long while now and the fact to the matter is that he pretty much admits his flaws to whoever will listen.  Im not saying he is flawless, but self sacrifice is actually one of his greater quality.  So I ask again, did you ever read his comics? "
Uhhhh, did I read the comics? No, but the info in comic vine is pretty greatr.. You should check it out sometime
#45 Posted by Antiochus (34 posts) - - Show Bio

Read it then. 

Firsthand sources are always better than secondhand sources.  These are fun comics and you would learn more about a very fun character who, coincidally, is not as you believe.

#46 Edited by TonyStark1939 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

He was my favorite character before Civil war and he's still my favorite character after it. Does he deserve a second chance? That's up to the people that hate him. Tony tried doing everything he could for Peter, MJ, and May and what did Peter do? Turn on Tony when he needed him the most. Also when Tony tried talking to Cap and tried to have a conversation Tony put his hand out for Cap to shake it and what did Cap do? Stick an electronic scrambler in it. For people who liked him before Civil war and hated him after I think they should read Fractions run to see what Tony is doing. To people that don't read or never read Iron Man comics and just hate him because it seems like the thing to do then you're probably a sheep and just keep going along with everyone else

#47 Posted by jefprice (878 posts) - - Show Bio
@G'bandit: The info here on CV is pretty messed up, I was trying to clean it up for a bit, but it's VERY slanted from an anti IM view as doesn;t have of the order of events or events themselves right. Read the books. I own pretty much EVERY book Iron Man has ever been in (Over 1000 books with him in it, not including the stuff in the last 10 years which I also have) and can say that the person you described is not only not Tony Stark, but even the small amount of truth in your statement was only true for a very time in a very select grouping of tales. 

.....Except for the women bit that's dead on Lol
#48 Posted by Antiochus (34 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, but who doesnt love womanizers.  The man is basically James Bond with even cooler gadgets.  Thats awesome!

#49 Posted by warlock360 (26901 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony stark was one of childhood, dare i say? idols.  (also brought me into listening music :>)

#50 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@jefprice said:
" @G'bandit: The info here on CV is pretty messed up, I was trying to clean it up for a bit, but it's VERY slanted from an anti IM view as doesn;t have of the order of events or events themselves right. Read the books. I own pretty much EVERY book Iron Man has ever been in (Over 1000 books with him in it, not including the stuff in the last 10 years which I also have) and can say that the person you described is not only not Tony Stark, but even the small amount of truth in your statement was only true for a very time in a very select grouping of tales.  .....Except for the women bit that's dead on Lol "
I intend to re-read everything IM related since post late 80s and extensively update the page in the near future. Feel free to help if you wish.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.