Question about the etxremis armour

#1 Posted by Z3RO180 (6536 posts) - - Show Bio

So I know to y got an upgraded version of extermis and that was able to heal him and connect him to technology I also know that it made a golden under-suit for his armour witch heal him and fixed his armour and that it was kept in tony himself but what I want to know is where did his actual armour come from ? I mean I can understand the under suit but its not like he kept the actual armor in him as well.

#2 Edited by TheTrollDance (178 posts) - - Show Bio

The Extremis armor was an armor Tony could control by thought, and it seems to be summoned by instinct, as seen in Five Nightmares. In Invincible Iron-Man #25, Tony notes that running the armor was as natural as breathing:

Tony on the Extremis armor

The extremis armor wasn't stored inside Tony's body.

However, I do believe that the armor you're referring to is the Bleeding-Edge armor, which is, believe it or not, stored within Tony's bones:

Bleeding-Edge armor

#3 Posted by Z3RO180 (6536 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetrolldance: No I mean like the actual armor I know the extermis virus made a golden undersuit for him that both healed him and fixted his armour but I'm talking about where the actual ARMOUR was kept .

#4 Posted by TheTrollDance (178 posts) - - Show Bio

@z3ro180: Well, I don't really know if he had any specific place for the armor, but I do believe that he kept it in a small suitcase that he just brought along with him wherever he went.

#5 Edited by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

In the original extremis arc it was just in a carrying case, so it should be easy to transport.

#6 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@z3ro180 said:

So I know to y got an upgraded version of extermis and that was able to heal him and connect him to technology I also know that it made a golden under-suit for his armour witch heal him and fixed his armour and that it was kept in tony himself but what I want to know is where did his actual armour come from ? I mean I can understand the under suit but its not like he kept the actual armor in him as well.

As mentioned by others above, the Extremis storyline specifies that Tony controls the Iron Man armor with sheer thought - like it was another limb. After activating the undersheath (which is stored in the hollows of his bones), he uses a repulsor field to move the separate plates of the armor (that are stored in a case) onto his body.

The armor itself isn't 'Extremis' per se. It's just an experimental collapsible unit that was designed to snap together via an electric charge. It was already tougher and faster, but the problem was that Tony couldn't miniaturize the undersheath until Extremis came along.

#7 Edited by Z3RO180 (6536 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: thanks dude also how and why was bleeding edge removed by tony ?

#8 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@z3ro180

The reason given was - as I recall - that while the Bleeding Edge was a good armor overall, Tony wanted to build an armor that could specialize for specific tasks.

#9 Posted by Duncan (11445 posts) - - Show Bio

@z3ro180: Tony was having trouble with General Babbage and Justine Hammer. Cause he got drunk in Fear Itself which led to Babbage and Hammer wanting to govern the suit in a way that they themselves could turn off the suit. Tony got fed up and decided to remove the Bleeding Edge armor entirely in Long Way Down. It all makes more sense and ties in with each other if you read Fraction's run.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.