Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11205 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

Question about Reed's skull

pepperr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By pepperr

Hi y'all,
    I'm reading "Resilient" right now and came across this:

No Caption Provided

So why did his skull increase in size? I thought that It was an artistic error, but my speculation is he increased cranial volume to calculate the answer to Tony's question - just need someone to confirm. My other question is, why would he need to just to crank something out? I don't see Tony's head growing...(because he can't, but it doesn't mean he wouldn't!)
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#2  Edited By SC  Moderator

Oh, well its actually a fairly consistent application of his power used a few times, or referred to a few times, in canon. Reed can increase his brain efficiency in various ways by using his mutated powers to increase reshape his brain in various ways.  

You lose me with your second question sorry, but I am sort of dazy. 

pepperr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By pepperr
    @SC: 

Aah, thank you for the reply, that's very interesting to know. As for ? #2, I'm just asking why he needs to increase his skull size to run the calculations when Tony and Pym don't need to(I believe they're both as intelligent, what with Pym being Scientist Supreme and all)
    RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By RedK
    @pepperr:  he dosen't need to but it helps him reach a conclusion faster, after all it never mentioned how long it took Stark or Pym to come to the conclusion
    PumpkinBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By PumpkinBomb

Maybe he just likes to be as thorough as inhumanly possible. 

Also, Tony Stark has crazy cybernetic implants.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By ReVamp
    @pepperr said:
    " @SC:   Aah, thank you for the reply, that's very interesting to know. As for ? #2, I'm just asking why he needs to increase his skull size to run the calculations when Tony and Pym don't need to(I believe they're both as intelligent, what with Pym being Scientist Supreme and all) "

Well... I'm not an expert on all of these characters, but it might maybeallow him to increase the efficiency that he can calculate something ie. calculates it faster. Or it could be that his powers make him as smart as he is. (Unlikely since he was smart before he actually got his powers, but maybe the powers increased the intelligence to a greater level...). Another point, would be that it is just a way for writers to show off his powers...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.