New Iron Man show on g4tv

#1 Posted by Zachattack1239 (109 posts) - - Show Bio

What did yall think of the new iron man animated tv show? I actually was impressed. The animation was good, i like how they incorporated the stark resilient storyline into the plot, and i thought the armor looked good. I'll be watching this again friday at 11
#2 Posted by nnotdead (78 posts) - - Show Bio

i couldn't get into it or the Wolverine one. if i wanted anime i would watch it, and if i wanted Marvel i would read/watch that.

#3 Posted by JEdThing (171 posts) - - Show Bio

It was rather awful...Wolverine was a little better, but not by much.

#4 Posted by Zachattack1239 (109 posts) - - Show Bio
@JEdThing: really? what didn't you like? I thought it was a pretty decent first episode, i didn't like how they skipped over the origin story though
#5 Edited by xybernauts (853 posts) - - Show Bio
@nnotdead said:

i couldn't get into it or the Wolverine one. if i wanted anime i would watch it, and if i wanted Marvel i would read/watch that.

@JEdThing said:

It was rather awful...Wolverine was a little better, but not by much.

Exactly how I felt! I haven't even finished watching it because it wasn't interesting to me. I haven't seen Wolverine or Blade yet, but I have seen X-Men. Now the X-Men was fantastic. I really enjoyed it. After comparing what I've seen of Iron Man with X-Men, I think the problem is Iron Man introduced too many characters that weren't in the comics. These characters that I believe were unique to this particular version of Iron Man just weren't interesting; both the villains and the heroes.  It would have been better if they introduced the Japanese interpretation of characters like War Machine, Pepper Potts, Mandarin, and other official allies and villains. Basically that's what X-Men Anime did.   It focused on actual characters from the comics for the most part.  Although part of me wonders if even focusing on actual characters would have helped. It's possible that the crew that worked on the anime just didn't have that level of talent.

Also the unique portrayals of X-Men tech as well that was icing on the cake.  It kept me interested.   The X-Men's animation and story was better as well. It made seeing a Japanese version of marvel characters worth it as opposed to Iron Man which was kinda cheap and tawdry. 

In X-Men anime Iron Man makes a brief cameo. Visually, the X-Men anime's version of Iron Man was much more awesome. I'm really curious what they would have done with Iron Man.

Also parts of the Iron Man story just didn't make sense.   

SPOILERS (how do you use the spoilers button?)

This idea that Stark is creating Iron Man armors for any country made no sense to begin with, but even worse is the idea that he's doing it for Japan, a country that isn't even supposed to have a military (I think). I mean if anything he should have made armors for the United States. Of course I didn't finish the series so maybe it makes more sense by the end. 
#6 Posted by Zachattack1239 (109 posts) - - Show Bio
@xybernauts: I understand where your coming from but still... I thought it was interesting. It had a pretty good plot, it gave the watchers a good idea of tony's personality, and it had great animation. An overall pretty decent first episode. I don't have a problem with them not introducing main characters and villains in the first episode just as long as its not a reoccurring problem. You can only put so many things in one episode before you overload it.  Oh, and pepper was in the episode briefly. It had an interesting cliffhanger with the mysterious villain Scorpio. My theory is that this resembles the beginning of the demon in a bottle story line. Remember when Justin Hammer hired spymaster to bug Tony's armor to gain control over it? Im thinking that Hammer is behind the malfunctioning of his armor
#7 Posted by JEdThing (171 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zachattack1239: It looked cool but thats about all i liked about it. In the first episode of any show should establish characters and a detection or goal for the show (good guys vs bad guys/ save the world kinda stuff). In Iron man they were just throwing characters at you with out any back story and if it were not for the intro when he was fighting the blue armor suit we really wouldn't know who the villain was. And what was with the BS at the end? Just some random scorpion robot thing that was there for a couple seconds and then shot up into the air like freaking team rocket? You liked that? so strange. I'm hoping the next episode is better.
#8 Posted by Zachattack1239 (109 posts) - - Show Bio
@JEdThing: hahahahaha, team rocket. that was pretty funny... but back to the arguement. Scorpio wasn't unnecessary, we will probably see the purpose of his character next episode. He's probably a henchmen of hammer or the person behind the malfunctioning of his armor. And dude, they explained the blue suit 20 times, it was an armor tony created called iron man dio. He is selling them to Japan and when he gave the armor to the Japanese guy his armor was being controlled by an outside source, maybe justin. Tony is in Japan right now so i don't think Rhodey, Pepper, or any of tony's friends are there. There is no need to develop unnecessary characters, we probably will never see them again. I'm not saying the episode is flawless because its definitely not but i think it at least deserves some credit for doing way better for that crap they call the wolverine anime   
#9 Posted by JEdThing (171 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zachattack1239: Yeah they explained what the suit was. I understand what happened in the episode. What i was saying was it had no direction. Its important to establish the characters that are going to be in the show, they didn't. Another flaw of the show is they didn't have a clear villain. All the things a first episode should have, Iron man did not have. Wolverine had a much better first episode. I'm not giving up on the show yet, but the first episode was awful.
#10 Posted by daredevil21134 (12625 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to check this out

#11 Posted by Pepsiguy2 (17 posts) - - Show Bio

The voice actor is freakin' terrible. I really disliked it, and there's really nothing going for it besides the pretty art.

#12 Posted by daredevil21134 (12625 posts) - - Show Bio
@Pepsiguy2 said:
The voice actor is freakin' terrible. I really disliked it, and there's really nothing going for it besides the pretty art.
Really?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.