New 'Iron Man 3' Poster Hints at Plot Elements

Posted by G-Man (29417 posts) - - Show Bio

We've been seeing several character movie posters for Iron Man 3. Having seen all the major characters, the question was, what would the next poster contain? Now we know.

Marvel/Disney has released another new poster showing Tony Stark in armor along with several other armors over at Yahoo! Movies.

We've seen in the trailer that the armors get destroyed. We don't know who blew them up. We would assume it was Stark in order to prevent them falling into the wrong hands. This poster makes you wonder if someone was able to gain control of them all.

We'll have to wait until May 3 to find out more.

Staff Online
#1 Posted by frandj (26 posts) - - Show Bio

nice poster

#2 Edited by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Armor Wars, in a way I suppose?

#3 Posted by Namor1987 (1879 posts) - - Show Bio

Those look like newer model armors like the Extremis 1 he has in this movie

#4 Posted by Alcamin (96 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting stuff. I am very much looking forward to seeing how all of this recent information comes together. May 3rd can't come quickly enough.

#5 Posted by Lt_Cmdr_Kicker (71 posts) - - Show Bio

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODD!!!

No way jose..

This poster is too much! Should have had a spoiler tag or something!! D':

#6 Posted by Bobsjonjon (218 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice!

#7 Posted by feargalr (1123 posts) - - Show Bio

Sploosh

#8 Posted by iaconpoint (887 posts) - - Show Bio

The scene where the armors are blown up is hard to take. Hopefully, it's not real.

#9 Posted by Icon (2044 posts) - - Show Bio

He might as well not wear a helmet since it's always easily destroyed. x]

#10 Posted by leokearon (1707 posts) - - Show Bio

Empire has a whole feature on Iron Man 3. It explains why Tony's latest armour is called the Mark 42 as well as some of the things from the trailers, also a big sigh of relief regarding the final battle

#11 Posted by BritishMonkey (309 posts) - - Show Bio

All those armours Tony is controlling with extremis. so about 40 in total plus his own he'll be controlling at once.

#12 Posted by queenfrost_ (2499 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lt_Cmdr_Kicker said:

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODD!!!

No way jose..

This poster is too much! Should have had a spoiler tag or something!! D':

Why? This scene is in the trailer

#13 Posted by JamDamage (1105 posts) - - Show Bio

That's a cool idea if it is. That poster is killer also.

#14 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (2511 posts) - - Show Bio

this movie looks better and better everytime I hear more news on it

#15 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a brilliant poster.

#16 Posted by DrellAssassin (93 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lt_Cmdr_Kicker: The title says that the poster hints at plot elements, so why did you click on it?

#17 Posted by Aiden Cross (15513 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the poster, looking forward to it!

#18 Posted by The Average Bear (2049 posts) - - Show Bio

Oooh, if Tony has to fight a bunch of Iron Men, that'll be neat

And if Rhodey jumps in

(but it'll be more epic than the fight in Iron Man 2)

...and maybe Rescue

Wow one can dream, right?

#19 Posted by SnakeEyes327 (53 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasn't this kind of spoiled already? The armor we've been seeing is what, Mark 48 or something along those lines? The other 39 are copies that Tony's supposed to be controlling form his armor.

#20 Posted by FalconPuuunch (942 posts) - - Show Bio

@feargalr said:

Sploosh

Total Sploosh

#21 Posted by yotaman (101 posts) - - Show Bio

every movie new armor enemy. i thought it's ok for one more movie before the second one came out, but it's not like ironman short on enemies and i think we have seen enough machines trash the world in transformers 3 and then at the avengers...

well... good to know we still have captain america and thor this year along with superman.

#22 Posted by mk111 (3136 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweet poster. I can't wait for the film! I need to see all those armor in action.

#23 Posted by DMXN (93 posts) - - Show Bio

Just Awsome

#24 Posted by ptigrusmagus (466 posts) - - Show Bio

There is a spoiler alert right in the title lol.

#25 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7497 posts) - - Show Bio

Very nice, a bit to spoilerish for my tastes but awesome never the less.

#26 Posted by Mr_Athrilla (79 posts) - - Show Bio

@yotaman: Realistically, fighting Ironman without any form of armor is just stupid. One could argue that not having enough armor is what got the last villain killed.

#27 Posted by sora_thekey (8107 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds to me like this movie will be a combination of the Extremis and Armor Wars story arcs.

#28 Posted by LordRequiem (1302 posts) - - Show Bio

How's about the extremis virus for god's sake.

And once again he's not wearing his helmet, I hate that so much.

#29 Posted by yotaman (101 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr_Athrilla: then, realistically, we will never get an ironman movie without a villain who somehow manage to have an armor. and there are villains with superpowers, too.

p.s

thor managed well enough without an armor against ironman in the avengers movie, and i know that it is stupid to compare but some may argue about this as well.

#30 Posted by Fantasgasmic (1065 posts) - - Show Bio

don't think it will actually happen, but it looks cool.

#31 Posted by sweetesttoaster (144 posts) - - Show Bio

Whats up with that fist? Something looks off about it.

#32 Edited by TorontRayne (30 posts) - - Show Bio

AAAIIIIIEEEE! I can't wait.

@yotaman: Most of Iron Man's villains are tech based.

#33 Posted by Loki9876 (2981 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by ThomasElliot (357 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't they have a picture of Rhodey as Iron Patriot? ...but months ago we saw another actor in Iron Patriot armor too? Just pulling guesses out of my butt... but thinking there might be some officially sanctioned U.S. military armor division known as the 'Iron Patriots', where perhaps one of them goes rogue or was a mole from Mandarin.

I also haven't read very much about the actual IM3 plot, so if anything I just said sounds stupid or already known, I'll claim ignorance.

#35 Posted by indy84 (16 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it just me, or does the armor over Tony's right shoulder, look like it was based on Destroyer armor?

#36 Posted by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks so awesome with the water and colors and all.

#37 Posted by Smurfboy (466 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know about the poster. The head looks weird compare to the body. It seems as the person copy/paste the real face of Tony and slap it with the picture of artist's art work. I can easily tell because, well, I used to work with photoshop computer a lot many years ago. Still, I'm looking forward to the movie.

#38 Posted by TheHeat (441 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait until he wears the Heartbreaker Armor.

#39 Posted by Bad_People (142 posts) - - Show Bio

I just don't like the color-scheme on that armor. Too much gold for my taste.

#40 Posted by mattwing87 (410 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bad_People said:

I just don't like the color-scheme on that armor. Too much gold for my taste.

I thought the same thing but it slowly grew on me

#41 Posted by WonderHunter (121 posts) - - Show Bio

KABOOM.

#42 Posted by nappystr8 (927 posts) - - Show Bio

All of those armors are clearly different from the ones in earlier movies, if that means those are different suits for different functions, then I'm super excited.

If they are however just empty suits co-opted by an enemy to fight Tony...well, that was the entire plot of the first two movies. The best thing about using the Mandarin is maybe this won't be another metal clinging on metal Iron Man film.

Still more than happy to give this film the benefit of the doubt though.

#43 Posted by Xanni15 (6752 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, really. I just assumed it was his enemies trying to destroy his armor so that Tony couldn't use them.

#44 Posted by Ironman4891 (10 posts) - - Show Bio

If you've read the Iron man 3 Movie Prelude Comics that explain what happens between Avengers and Iron Man 3 , and also explains why Rhodey wasn't available to help in final battle scene for Avengers...he has a secret project going on that is hidden underground in his Mansion. He's been building more suits since the Avengers, i believe these are the suits and he's going to be remotely controlling them via extremis in a battle scene in Iron Man 3 to fight multiple extremis enhanced individuals at once.

#45 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ironman4891: Sounds legit (not that I don't believe you but you know how everybody likes logical explanations)

#46 Posted by Daaerk (204 posts) - - Show Bio

Poster looks very interesting, I'm going to watch it! :D

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.