Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11210 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

MCU Iron Man Respect Thread + feat breakdown

• 83 results
    Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
    ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Stop feeding the yat troll

ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ppl like this user in this thread is why i troll the DCCU sometimes, thing is there are 100s of below 200 posts who all say the same thing can't we just cut the head off the snake and all alts will fall

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Awesome

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's a video I made some time ago.

Loading Video...

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spider-manwins: type the same and have excat same views about every character the guy talks about

botanix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By botanix
    ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@botanix: i study sports science and nearly everything you have said about reaction time is wrong, humans may have a 0.3 on average reaction time however respone time is alot higher furthermore the respone for you whole body to side step a missile is even longer even if a human reatced to the light of the barrel, after 0.3 you will have had the needed stimuli for the sensory receptors to pick up, this stimulus must be processed first in the brain then translated into a movement to react to the stimuli

http://stjohnspe.weebly.com/uploads/1/0/2/4/10246977/2.3_decision_making.pptx

botanix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By botanix

@comicsrulebutdbzdoes2:

Humans have on average 0.2-0.25 sec reaction time. Average, do You know what average means? Peak human is around 0.1 - some people do react that fast.

http://www.humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime

after 0.3 you will have had the needed stimuli for the sensory receptors to pick up, this stimulus must be processed first in the brain then translated into a movement to react to the stimuli

I myself scored 0.197 so about average. It took less then 0.2 sec for me to see the light and press the button, not JUST to see the light. You see the light faster obviously.

Of course it takes a bit more time then that to move your whole body, but how much longer exactly? Additional 0.1 sec?

Then consider peak human with reaction speed 0.1 sec, add 0.1 sec needed to move your body - still gives You enought time to dodge a shell fired 300 metres away - easly. Because in 0.2 sec shell will travel 240 metres. Will you be able to dodge it every time - probably not, but its is possibile for human to do it. Most likely not possibile for me but I am not peak human when it comes to reaction time, I am average. I said IM is peak human, but still human.

So no, not everything I said is incorrec, all i have said is correct. Go to the website, try it.

Mythbusters had an episode checking the exact same thing and guess what, they are average human when it comes to reaction time, and half of the time they dodged that bulllet... So explain me this mister? Math says its possibile, their video says its possibile, but you guys says its not posibile. Now who is right, math and video of them doing it or u... So no I am not trolling, you guys are troling because you are lazy enought not to even go and see the video fo urself....

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By acer51

So much disrespect for Iron-man in his own respect thread.

I do not, nor does the OP appear to claim that Iron-Man is more Powerful than either Hulk or Thor, or that he is better at battle tactics then Captain America.

He is however the smartest Avenger, yes smarter then banner who was only smart enough to turn himself into a monster. He's also the most versatile of The Avengers, though not as fast as he is far more maneuverable and agile than Thor or Hulk, he has a greater range of different types of attacks and tools in his arsenal.

Is he the best Avenger? That depends on who you ask, popular opinion says that he's the coolest.

That is not my opinion, my favorite Avenger is Captain America who Iron-Man would without a doubt beat in a fight, and yet he is the leader of The Avengers, not because of his power but his tactical mind and moral reliability - e.g no one has to worry about Captain America building an evil robot.

But that's not what this threads about, this thread is about celebrating what makes Iron-Man cool. Lets face the Iron-Man franchise is the ground work which the rest of the MCU is based on without the golden Avenger the MCU might not exist. And although the MCU is now strong enough to survive without Iron-man he remains an essential part of it and that deserves our......

Respect.

Iron-man is not my favorite character in the comics or in the films, that title actually goes to Spider-Man, however I don't have to be a fan boy to appreciate the character who has essentially become the face of the MCU and upon his legacy made all of this possible.

Loading Video...

My only regret is the montage doesn't include Daredevil but that hadn't been released at the making of this video.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing from Avengers 2 ?

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Spector_Rand
    Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman1130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome thread! Can't wait for the Cap one! He's got quite a lot of feats. Iron man had some really cool feats too and many of them were shown here so nice job. I also would like to see hulk get one but I understand if that one isn't as popular

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very impressive.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By renamed040924

@spector_rand: A little late, but fantastic threads, I'm so happy someone got around to doing these. Botanix doesn't know what he's talking about. Have you made any other respect threads besides Thor and Iron Man?

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Spector_Rand

Bump

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spector_rand: Another nice one! You should check out the feats in the MCU canon comics. His suits are capable of lifting tanks, jets and helicopters.

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Spector_Rand

@uugieboogie: oh nah i havent seen them, i'll look for scans. do you know any links?

Flumox56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice job.

Adriusus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Add his feats from AoU.

Adriusus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By algorhythm511

This needs to be updated considering both Civil War and AoU have come out.

One thing I found impressive and I will make gifs later, is how much he can actually automate in the suit. He locks on to terrorists that are using innocent civilians as shield and only kills the terrorists.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

Nice thread.

Avatar image for awesomefacialhairbros
    Awesomefacialhairbros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump. update this

Avatar image for awesomefacialhairbros
    Awesomefacialhairbros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentinel_Alpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool thread. I'll make use of this when I can.

Avatar image for theoneabovelife
    TheOneAboveLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After IW and Endgame... this deserves a bump.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc746539ff3b
    deactivated-5cc746539ff3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Update this, Tony was the best Avenger and most deserving of respect.

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Joker567892
    ZhangThong12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Main feat: Dying right around the time when his character would get too stale. Perfect ending.

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OK, its time somebody said the obvious. The one thing that the MCU movies taught us, especially Avengers Endgames, Tony Stark wasn't as smart as Hank Pym. Seriously, the dude makes a time machine but has to go back to the 1970's to get Pym Particles from Hank Pym. You'd think if the dude could replicate the particles he would have done so while inventing the time machine.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Funny how he figured out the Quantum Realm overnight though despite the fact that Pym couldn't get his wife out for several decades ?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.