Ironman movie discussion thread SPOILERS

• 193 results
#101 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

After a few days to think about it, I could have used more armor time. He fought in his mk2 suit twice and in only one of the fights did he really get to show off since the second fight had him at low power. And while the first was a great display of what he could do and how awesome the suit was, I would have liked a real battle where he went up against someone closer to his level at full power (not in place of either of the fights that were there, but in addition to them). I loved the movie as it was (it was so good that I didn't even realize that he did so little actual fighting in the suit) but that is something I look forward to in the next one.

#102 Posted by Adidas Demon (169 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks. HADD.

#103 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"After a few days to think about it, I could have used more armor time. He fought in his mk2 suit twice and in only one of the fights did he really get to show off since the second fight had him at low power. And while the first was a great display of what he could do and how awesome the suit was, I would have liked a real battle where he went up against someone closer to his level at full power (not in place of either of the fights that were there, but in addition to them). I loved the movie as it was (it was so good that I didn't even realize that he did so little actual fighting in the suit) but that is something I look forward to in the next one."

I think Marvel said they aren't going to have a next one. I hope they change their mind.

#104 Posted by MrsJ (305 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"MrsJ says:
"You have to be either a complete nut job or stupid to think Iron Man will be better then the Dark Knight.
Post Edited:2008-05-03 03:58:42"
really? people cant just have a different opinion than yours without being a complete nut job or stupid? really?"

Pretty much. I'm very stubborn that way.

#105 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

Shaper says:

"I think Marvel said they aren't going to have a next one. I hope they change their mind."

There will be a next one. This one has performed better than expected according to yahoo (see my last post).

#106 Posted by poop flinger (13 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#107 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio
#108 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

That news story:

*Marvel Studios Sets Four More Release Dates!

Source: Marvel Entertainment May 5, 2008

Marvel Entertainment released their first quarter report to its shareholders this morning to coincide with the announcement about the success this past weekend of Marvel Studios' first production Iron Man, which grossed an estimated $104.2 million domestically and over $201 million worldwide. The announcement included an update of Marvel Studios' feature film slate with the already-rumored Iron Man 2 announced for a release on April 30, 2010, followed by three more movies for the summers of '10 and '11. Matthew Vaughn's Thor is set for a release on June 4, 2010, and The First Avenger: Captain America (the working title) will kick off the summer of 2011 on May 6, followed by the highly-anticipated and foreshadowed The Avengers scheduled for July 2011. (Edgar Wright's Ant-Man is also listed as being in development with no release date set.)

In a conference call this morning, Marvel Studios' David Maisel said that Iron Man 2 will be used to introduce Thor. Regarding more Hulk movies, Maisel said "We definitely plan on continuing." He added the development continues on Spider-Man 4. "I can't give any other updates other than to say it's in development and everybody's excited about Spider-Man 4," he said.

With that in mind, one can start expecting a lot more announcements in the coming months about creative teams and casting for those movies including who might direct the Captain America and Avengers movies. (Whomever plays Steve Rogers AKA Captain America presumably will be making two movies at once.)*

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=7165

#109 Posted by Unbelonger (2770 posts) - - Show Bio

The best comic based movie I've seen. I have just one complaint about it, and is not really about this movie specifically; I don't like the idea of the Samuel .L Jackson Fury, not because I dislike him or hate him, but because I do like the original Nick Fury better.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

#110 Posted by petey outbreak (2 posts) - - Show Bio

" />http://www.findinternettv.com/Video,item,3544118434.aspx

post credits scene with fury, since the youtube one got yanked.

#111 Posted by petey outbreak (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#112 Posted by Irredeemable Ant-Man (104 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought the movie was pretty good.

#113 Posted by King Saturn (223786 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw Iron Man earlier today. I thought it was pretty good. But Not as good as everyone was telling me it was. I wish there was time shown for the Mark 2 Suit. Overall the movie was really good. But I guess I am a little dissapointed there wasnt more time emphasized on the Mark 2 armor.

#114 Posted by Unbelonger (2770 posts) - - Show Bio

King Saturn says:

"I saw Iron Man earlier today. I thought it was pretty good. But Not as good as everyone was telling me it was. I wish there was time shown for the Mark 2 Suit. Overall the movie was really good. But I guess I am a little dissapointed there wasnt more time emphasized on the Mark 2 armor. "

Lol, Saturn that is, I think, too much of an specific detail to downgrade the movie. You must really like that mark 2 armor.

zzzzzzzzz

#115 Posted by King Saturn (223786 posts) - - Show Bio

Unbelonger says:

"King Saturn says:
"I saw Iron Man earlier today. I thought it was pretty good. But Not as good as everyone was telling me it was. I wish there was time shown for the Mark 2 Suit. Overall the movie was really good. But I guess I am a little dissapointed there wasnt more time emphasized on the Mark 2 armor. "
Lol, Saturn that is, I think, too much of an specific detail to downgrade the movie. You must really like that mark 2 armor. zzzzzzzzz"

LOL. I wish there was more scene time with the mark 2 armor. Other than that, everything else was very good about the movie. I will give it a 9 out of 10.
Post Edited:2008-05-05 22:56:09

#116 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

MrsJ says:

"Apparition says:
"MrsJ says:
"You have to be either a complete nut job or stupid to think Iron Man will be better then the Dark Knight.
Post Edited:2008-05-03 03:58:42"
really? people cant just have a different opinion than yours without being a complete nut job or stupid? really?"
Pretty much. I'm very stubborn that way."

you might want to work on that then...

#117 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Adidas Demon says:

"Great Movie. I'm curious. Did he say, "I am Iron Man." At the end. Was that a parallel to what happened with him registering? Or is he just vain and wants the attention? Or is it for no apparent reason?
Post Edited:2008-05-03 22:56:42"

yes. registration and vanity

#118 Posted by WarMachine2100 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty sure it's gonna be the next Iron Man movie. Rhodey goes insane because he wears a suit set for Tony's brain waves and they gonna have to battle in the suits and Tony will save him. then set Rhodey suit to his brain waves and Iron Man and WarMachine ride off in the sunset whoopin "behind" '-)

#119 Posted by Obi Wan Kenobi! (27638 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually think they're gonna stick to War Machine being a good guy for at least the next movie

#120 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

Ironman is the movie fam!! Saw it last night and it was excellent from character development to action and effects, wonderful.

Tied for best with Incredibles.

#121 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok just saw it......best Marvel movie by far. But........Nick Fury is Samual L. COME ON!

#122 Posted by Obi Wan Kenobi! (27638 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawk says:

"Ok just saw it......best Marvel movie by far. But........Nick Fury is Samual L. COME ON! "

i agree...with both statements...

#123 Posted by Deathshroud (1620 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawk says:

"Ok just saw it......best Marvel movie by far. But........Nick Fury is Samual L. COME ON! "

is he Samual L because they modeled fury after him in the Ultmate U??

#124 Posted by Irving Forbush (37 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawk says:

would you prefer David Hasselhoff?

#125 Posted by Vlad Tepes Dracula (2208 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawk says:

... first agree, second statement i don't. simply because...

#126 Posted by Alexander Anderson (4030 posts) - - Show Bio

Best Marvel movie yet. After a string of disappointments, this was a huge breath of fresh air. With Marvel in charge of their own movies now, I only hope that this trend continues.

#127 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

It can't all be credited to Marvel having control, it had a good director and an amazing cast. I mean, almost all the main characters were played by actors that have been nominated for Oscars multiple times. I think that did more for it than Marvel being in charge. Although I did read that several Marvel writers were directly involved so there were undoubtedly some benefits. I do agree and hope they can keep it up.

#128 Posted by zero edge (3692 posts) - - Show Bio

I finally found the freaking time to watch this movie. Absolutely loved it.

#129 Posted by Obi Wan Kenobi! (27638 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"It can't all be credited to Marvel having control, it had a good director and an amazing cast. I mean, almost all the main characters were played by actors that have been nominated for Oscars multiple times. I think that did more for it than Marvel being in charge. Although I did read that several Marvel writers were directly involved so there were undoubtedly some benefits. I do agree and hope they can keep it up."

but all that was because marvel was n charge, they forked over the funds for all these all-star actors, they took initiative and really got themselves a good enough director...so...idk that makes me feel that Marvel is to be a accredited for their handling of the movie production

@zero edge: yeah, finally

#130 Posted by Obi Wan Kenobi! (27638 posts) - - Show Bio

Irving Forbush says:

"Hawk says:

would you prefer David Hasselhoff?"

yes! lol..i actually have that movie on vhs lol...

#131 Posted by Iron Man(Tony Stark) (560 posts) - - Show Bio

Greatest Movie in the ENTIRE UNIVERSE.

Dark Knight doesn't stand a chance, LOL.

#132 Posted by RachyVengence (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Alexander Anderson says:

"Best Marvel movie yet. After a string of disappointments, this was a huge breath of fresh air. With Marvel in charge of their own movies now, I only hope that this trend continues."

Agreed.

#133 Posted by Shatterstar (4520 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally saw it for the first time, loved every minute of it. Best Marvel movie so far hands down, definitely in top 3 comic movies of all time with Sin City & Batman Begins for me. Robert Downey Jr., the Big Lebowski were great, casting in general was awesome. Favreau did a great job, script was great, only a couple of logic defying moments took me out of the scenes but other than that it was a very enjoyable movie. Avengers hint was cool, definitely got me interested in whats coming next. More of THAT Marvel.

Transformers producers & other doubters look about as dumb as a Michael Bay movie right about now for dogging the movie years before it came out.

Obviously Stephen Platt did a great job storyboarding too. Saw his name in the credits and unintentionally made a nerd noise.

#134 Posted by lady_redhead (9592 posts) - - Show Bio

goes to read up on Iron Man i have a new favourite super hero!!

Movie was very cool...

#135 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathshroud says:

"Hawk says:
is he Samual L because they modeled fury after him in the Ultmate U??"

if not that's a heck of a tan he's got there

#136 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

Shatterstar says:

"Finally saw it for the first time, loved every minute of it. Best Marvel movie so far hands down, definitely in top 3 comic movies of all time with Sin City & Batman Begins for me. Robert Downey Jr., the Big Lebowski were great, casting in general was awesome. Favreau did a great job, script was great, only a couple of logic defying moments took me out of the scenes but other than that it was a very enjoyable movie. Avengers hint was cool, definitely got me interested in whats coming next. More of THAT Marvel. Transformers producers & other doubters look about as dumb as a Michael Bay movie right about now for dogging the movie years before it came out. Obviously Stephen Platt did a great job storyboarding too. Saw his name in the credits and unintentionally made a nerd noise."

yeah man, I thought it was just amazing

same here

#137 Posted by Obi Wan Kenobi! (27638 posts) - - Show Bio

Lady Redhead says:

"*goes to read up on Iron Man* i have a new favourite super hero!!Movie was very cool... "

told you

@Apparition: lol!

#138 Posted by zero edge (3692 posts) - - Show Bio

I forgot to say this, this movie made me fall in love wit Pepper Potts again. I haven't see her in so long (I don't read the Order) it's great seeing her involved with Iron Man.
Post Edited:2008-05-11 12:26:36

#139 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah Pepper was awesome

#140 Posted by Overkill (404 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not a big fan of Tony Stark, actually i really don't like him but the movie was pretty awesome, especially that Nick Fury scene;

Nick Fury: You think you're the only superhero on the world? Mr. Stark you become part of a bigger universe, you just don't know yet.

Tony Stark: Who the hell are you?

Nick Fury: Nick Fury, Director of SHIELD. I'm here to talk to you about the "Avenger initiative".

#141 Posted by Overkill (404 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#142 Posted by Shanana (52849 posts) - - Show Bio

i liked it The guy who played stark was funny in his own way

#143 Posted by Blue Lantern 2814 (310 posts) - - Show Bio

Overkill says:

"I'm not a big fan of Tony Stark, actually i really don't like him but the movie was pretty awesome, especially that Nick Fury scene;Nick Fury: You think you're the only superhero on the world? Mr. Stark you become part of a bigger universe, you just don't know yet.Tony Stark: Who the hell are you?Nick Fury: Nick Fury, Director of SHIELD. I'm here to talk to you about the "Avenger initiative". "

That scene was so awesome that it made me want to get up and hug someone.

#144 Posted by Iron Apollo (2191 posts) - - Show Bio

Sha says:

"i liked it The guy who played stark was funny in his own way"

Robert Downey jr. is a saint, check out the movie Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

oh an I saw the movie earlier tonight, I want a suit

#145 Posted by Iron Apollo (2191 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawk says:

Its the perfect fit if you read comics from the ultimate universe, its kinda like marvel Ulitmate alliance where they took the best things from both...

#146 Posted by AirDave817 (806 posts) - - Show Bio

Why Tony Stark is COOLER than Bruce Wayne (feel free to chime in with YOUR two cents)

What the h--- does Wayne Industries do anyway? Is it an investment company? I've been a huge Batman fan since I saw Adam West tell me that brushing my teeth would help me catch a Batarang in my teeth and I have absolutely no idea what Wayne Industries specializes in. Okay, maybe I missed the mini-series or story-line that mentioned it. I stopped reading the mainstream titles around Crisis on Infinite Earths and went Animated Series since. I guess the Wayne family was pretty wealthy. Maybe they always were. Thomas Wayne was a doctor - a rich doctor - who set up Wayne Enterprises for philanthropic purposes. There are all these subsidiaries of industry that generate a huge amount of unspecified revenue that Bruce Wayne uses to fund Batman. It is so big and massive that he can hide equipment, armament, vehicles - even the JLA watchtower satellite as an R & D line item!

Stark Industries does one thing - and apparently does it pretty well, as some canucks might say - Stark Industries makes weapons. Tony's dad was part of the Manhattan Project. He pretty much "saved" the world. Now Stark uses his own sharp noodle - and company equipment - to build the Iron Man armor. I haven't read Iron Man since the "Demon in a Bottle" days - good stuff.

Where Bruce Wayne has been rather vague, Tony Stark is pretty simple and straightforward.

Is it cooler to swim in a hotel fountain with a couple of beauties or swig a drink in a Hummer in Afghanistan?

Is it cooler to buy the hotel so you CAN swim in said fountain with said beauties or is it cool to buy a painting because you can and hold your private jet and everybody on it to Afghanistan for THREE HOURS - like JetBlue - 'cause you can?

Is it cool that you don't care if the world KNOWS you wear armor and kick @$$; or cool that YOU know you kick @$$ and act like the biggest jack@$$ on the planet to hide the fact that you can kick@$$?

Why hasn't anybody pushed real hard for a Batman/Iron Man crossover? Or an Iron Man/ Green Lantern crossover? I'm sure that there's at least one fan-fiction crossover. You would think that Bruce Wayne and Tony Stark tag-teaming on Luthor or the Mandarin would be a natural.

Well, maybe NOW...

#147 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

throws two pennies into Airdave's face

#148 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#149 Posted by Iron Man(Tony Stark) (560 posts) - - Show Bio
#150 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

AirDave817 says:

"You would think that Bruce Wayne and Tony Stark tag-teaming on Luthor or the Mandarin would be a natural. "

Sounds kinky

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.