Ironman movie discussion thread SPOILERS

• 193 results
#51 Posted by G-Man (19193 posts) - - Show Bio

Final Arrow says:

"So can we post spoilers on here, Cause I need to get something out!"

Okay, it's been changed to say SPOILERS. Hopefully everyone will see that before coming in here.

Staff
#52 Posted by Red L.A.M.P. (2547 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"Final Arrow says:

Okay, it's been changed to say SPOILERS. Hopefully everyone will see that before coming in here."

I hope they don't. I like to spoil it for people.

Staff
#53 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool TEN RINGS PEPOPLE TEN RINGS!!!!!!! The bald guy had a ring on ..... Shield , Avengers , What the hell did this movie not have??????

Talk to me people im about to explode:p

#54 Posted by G-Man (19193 posts) - - Show Bio

Red L.A.M.P. says:

"G-Man says:
"Final Arrow says:

Okay, it's been changed to say SPOILERS. Hopefully everyone will see that before coming in here."

I hope they don't. I like to spoil it for people.

"

Just expel some of your body gases and everything will be spoiled.

Staff
#55 Posted by MrsJ (305 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you think this movie will be more adored then the up coming Dark Knight?

--In my opinion there is no way a Tin Can can star in a greater movie then the mighty Batman.

#56 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

MrsJ says:

"Do you think this movie will be more adored then the up coming Dark Knight? --In my opinion there is no way a Tin Can can star in a greater movie then the mighty Batman."

iron man was great but that dark knight preview didnt look that good. i really didnt like the way joker came across.

#57 Posted by G-Man (19193 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to agree. Christian Bale was awesome in the last movie but I still don't like how they feel the need to cram so many characters. The Batman movies have always had too many bad guys (just like Spider-Man 3). It's sad what happened to Heath but separating that, I wasn't 100% sold on the way the Joker looked in the trailers. It could be a different story in the movie. I also didn't like the Katie Holmes character. I'm so tired of there always needing to be a female in the Batman movies that finds out his identity then you never hear from them again. At least Holmes' character is appearing. Iron Man just worked all around. Plus without the "tights," there's a little more...credibility. I'm sure I'm gonna love Dark Knight but I'm not sure if it will surpass Iron Man.

There's also the fact that this is such a great movie and we were all hating on Tony Stark just a few weeks ago because of the Registration crap. It's just that good.

Staff
#58 Posted by warlock360 (28155 posts) - - Show Bio

GOD DAMN! i watched the movie and... yeah facts

Awesome

Very Intruiging

Every character close to ironman came to play

Nothing left out

Great 2 in 1 story

Even the critics are astounded

Robby was awesome xD

Supreme Spoiler at the end of the credits ;D

Post Edited:2008-05-02 21:34:01

#59 Posted by Cavalry (237 posts) - - Show Bio

I watched it tonight.

Woooow. it was so awesome. If only the comic Stark was as cool =(

I want a battlesuit.

#60 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"I have to agree. Christian Bale was awesome in the last movie but I still don't like how they feel the need to cram so many characters. The Batman movies have always had too many bad guys (just like Spider-Man 3). It's sad what happened to Heath but separating that, I wasn't 100% sold on the way the Joker looked in the trailers. It could be a different story in the movie. I also didn't like the Katie Holmes character. I'm so tired of there always needing to be a female in the Batman movies that finds out his identity then you never hear from them again. At least Holmes' character is appearing. Iron Man just worked all around. Plus without the "tights," there's a little more...credibility. I'm sure I'm gonna love Dark Knight but I'm not sure if it will surpass Iron Man. There's also the fact that this is such a great movie and we were all hating on Tony Stark just a few weeks ago because of the Registration crap. It's just that good."

exactly gman! i agree with everything you said and i'm desperately hoping that it was just the trailors that made heath's joker come across altogether unlike any joker i'd be interested in.

#61 Posted by G-Man (19193 posts) - - Show Bio

It seems crazy after watching Batman Begins. That movie was done so well. Joker in the trailers seemed kinda...mopey. Where's the maniacal laughter and such. Also I can't get Mark Hamill's voice out of my head when I think about Joker talking.

But I suppose we should stay on topic.

Staff
#62 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"It seems crazy after watching Batman Begins. That movie was done so well. Joker in the trailers seemed kinda...mopey. Where's the maniacal laughter and such. Also I can't get Mark Hamill's voice out of my head when I think about Joker talking. But I suppose we should stay on topic."

yeah i saw the posters and expected him to be a lunatic, like so far out there that the movie might even have to be r rated, but he was so tame and subdued.

yes and ironman was fantastic. that's exactly the way i expected tony stark to be and though they changed stane around, i thought they did a great job with him. i didnt even mind that tony wasn't in the armor all that much. i didnt even notice till i thought back about it. he did such a good job of being tony stark that you really didnt miss iron man. this is definitely one of the best made super hero movies i've ever seen.

#63 Posted by warlock360 (28155 posts) - - Show Bio
#64 Posted by No_Name_ (12593 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"G-Man says:
"It seems crazy after watching Batman Begins. That movie was done so well. Joker in the trailers seemed kinda...mopey. Where's the maniacal laughter and such. Also I can't get Mark Hamill's voice out of my head when I think about Joker talking. But I suppose we should stay on topic."

yeah i saw the posters and expected him to be a lunatic, like so far out there that the movie might even have to be r rated, but he was so tame and subdued.

yes and ironman was fantastic. that's exactly the way i expected tony stark to be and though they changed stane around, i thought they did a great job with him. i didnt even mind that tony wasn't in the armor all that much. i didnt even notice till i thought back about it. he did such a good job of being tony stark that you really didnt miss iron man. this is definitely one of the best made super hero movies i've ever seen."

AMEN sister. I loved that the film told the story of Tony Stark and the story of his transition from being a billionaire playboy not giving a sh_t to realizing that there is more to life than booze, women money and toys.

Robert Downey Jr. not only looked the part, but he completely encompassed the character. Needless to say, I think this movie is gonna give Christian Bale a run for his money. One of the best superhero films I have ever seen, EVER.

#65 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio

BatgirlBabs says:

"One of the best superhero films I have ever seen, EVER."

Easily, I just got back, and I thought about getting a ticket to the next show!

#66 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio

BatgirlBabs says:

"LOL me too! I think I'm gonna have to go see it again. I just loved it."

Yeah, definitely something I could see again and again. I think this film is going to set the barometer for superhero films, they're all gonna be compared. I can't wait for the sequel.

#67 Posted by No_Name_ (12593 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL me too! I think I'm gonna have to go see it again. I just loved it.

#68 Posted by G-Man (19193 posts) - - Show Bio

From variety.com:

"Iron Man" has taken a stand in foreign markets, with overseas tallies already registering more than $22 million.The $22 million gross only accounts for admissions through Thursday in the 35 territories where Paramount Pictures released the movie. Non-Par territories include France, Germany and Spain, which means the overall figure is probably more than $30 million.Domestically, Paramount will not release Thursday-night numbers until Sunday. However, competing studios suggest that "Iron Man" pulled in roughly $5 million from its 8 p.m. shows Thursday night.In terms of individual foreign territories, Mexico has been the top performer with $4 million in two days. South Korea is next with with $2.4 million. Italy opened with $1.7 million and Russia with $1.6 million, both on Thursday.

Really curious as what the U.S. boxoffice will be.

Update:

"Iron Man" may have already earned more than $60 million worldwide, including an estimated Friday domestic take of $30 million or more for Paramount and Marvel Studios.

Post Edited:2008-05-03 02:49:16

Staff
#69 Posted by NiteFly (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

My showing started at 10:20 EST. Just got home at 1:29.

That was freaking amazing. I can't wait until it gets into the dollar theater. I am quite pleasantly surprised that this has given me a new found excitement about the prospect of new Marvel movies.

Next I can't freaking wait for Batman and Hellboy sequels. Fortunately I believe I will be getting back from AAAI in time enough to see the midnight showing of Batman.

Rock on.

#70 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

That sh!t was TIGHT!!!

#71 Posted by pixelized (62883 posts) - - Show Bio

NiteFly says:

"Next I can't freaking wait for Batman and Hellboy sequels."

HellBoy?!?!

The first one wasnt tortuous enough??

#72 Posted by MrsJ (305 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"I have to agree. Christian Bale was awesome in the last movie but I still don't like how they feel the need to cram so many characters. The Batman movies have always had too many bad guys (just like Spider-Man 3). It's sad what happened to Heath but separating that, I wasn't 100% sold on the way the Joker looked in the trailers. It could be a different story in the movie. I also didn't like the Katie Holmes character. I'm so tired of there always needing to be a female in the Batman movies that finds out his identity then you never hear from them again. At least Holmes' character is appearing. Iron Man just worked all around. Plus without the "tights," there's a little more...credibility. I'm sure I'm gonna love Dark Knight but I'm not sure if it will surpass Iron Man. There's also the fact that this is such a great movie and we were all hating on Tony Stark just a few weeks ago because of the Registration crap. It's just that good."
OMG this is insanity. Sure the whole thing with them always adding a "love interest" that finds out the Batman's identity is annoying, but it's nothing in compasison to the junk they had in Iron Man. That movie was so mediocer. I felt like it should end with a bloodbath of all the characters or something. I hated everyone in that movie. The villain wasn't even cool. A hero is only as good as his villain. Seriously, I need a bad guy, who I actually understand were he's coming from, one that makes me feel like he's not THE villain; if you know what I mean. The character's in Iron Man were just distant to me and the outfit wasn't cool at all. It's a bright red alluminuim can, seriously! This show I admit was slightly better then Transformers, but that doesn't say much. Iron Man is not a movie i'd watch a second time.Why would you not be intrigued by the Dark Knight trailer!? It was 100000x better then the one for Iron Man. No comparison. The Joker's more realistic and gritty image mixed with the shadow that is the Batman makes for a winning combination. And there aren't a whole bunch of villains shuved into one movie like you said; there are the two main one: the Joker and Harvey Dent, then some minor ones that will probably be in the show for under 10 mins.You have to be either a complete nut job or stupid to think Iron Man will be better then the Dark Knight.
Post Edited:2008-05-03 03:58:42
#73 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

MrsJ says:

"You have to be either a complete nut job or stupid to think Iron Man will be better then the Dark Knight.
Post Edited:2008-05-03 03:58:42"

really? people cant just have a different opinion than yours without being a complete nut job or stupid? really?

#74 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AWESOMENESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NICK FURY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AVENGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH(real monsters)HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

passes out from lack of air

#75 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

I'M GONNA SEE IT TODAY!!! CAN'T WAIT!!!!

#76 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Octagon Freak says:

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AWESOMENESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NICK FURY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AVENGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH(real monsters)HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *passes out from lack of air*"

lol what a freak!

;)

#77 Posted by BlackPanther (511 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Ironman is a cool film, but now I wanna see if DC's new Batman film can do better.

#78 Posted by G-Man (19193 posts) - - Show Bio

MrsJ says:

"G-Man says:
OMG this is insanity. Sure the whole thing with them always adding a "love interest" that finds out the Batman's identity is annoying, but it's nothing in compasison to the junk they had in Iron Man. That movie was so mediocer. I felt like it should end with a bloodbath of all the characters or something. I hated everyone in that movie. The villain wasn't even cool. A hero is only as good as his villain. Seriously, I need a bad guy, who I actually understand were he's coming from, one that makes me feel like he's not THE villain; if you know what I mean. The character's in Iron Man were just distant to me and the outfit wasn't cool at all. It's a bright red alluminuim can, seriously! This show I admit was slightly better then Transformers, but that doesn't say much. Iron Man is not a movie i'd watch a second time.Why would you not be intrigued by the Dark Knight trailer!? It was 100000x better then the one for Iron Man. No comparison. The Joker's more realistic and gritty image mixed with the shadow that is the Batman makes for a winning combination. And there aren't a whole bunch of villains shuved into one movie like you said; there are the two main one: the Joker and Harvey Dent, then some minor ones that will probably be in the show for under 10 mins.You have to be either a complete nut job or stupid to think Iron Man will be better then the Dark Knight.

Uh huh. Hope you don't mind being at a website run by a complete nut job or someone that's stupid.

Staff
#79 Posted by Constantine (16059 posts) - - Show Bio

What happens at the end of the credits?? I missed it

#80 Posted by Constantine (16059 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"MrsJ says:
"G-Man says:

Uh huh. Hope you don't mind being at a website run by a complete nut job or someone that's stupid."

lmao

as for watching either the dark knight trailer and the iron Man one mrsJ i say the Iron Man one is better, sure voicing in the Batman one is cool, but iron man trailer was so much better with the flying and the exploding tank scene, so if the trailer isn't the better one out of the two i'm not sure the movie will be. Don't think i'm biased either Batman is my fave hero i loved batman begins, I've read tons of Bat comics and haven't touched a single Iron Man one(For no reason) unless it has other characters, like an avengers comic or a spidey comic which iron man pops into so....IRON MAN MOVIE RULEZZZ (yeh with three z's)

#81 Posted by Iron Man(Tony Stark) (560 posts) - - Show Bio

That's right...........I'm the man.

#82 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

For those who missed it (like me), this is the bit after the credits, before YouTube smite it. Beware dodgy camera work:

#83 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"Octagon Freak says:
"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AWESOMENESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NICK FURY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AVENGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH(real monsters)HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *passes out from lack of air*"
lol what a freak! ;)"

How observatory of you! ;P

#84 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

Saw it last night, loved it.

#85 Posted by Spider-Pantrelli (1731 posts) - - Show Bio

I was with my friend today and we both loved it. I read somewhere that Nick Fury will make a appearance in it after the credits, I managed to persuade my friend to stay and our patience definately paid off. I WANT A AVENGERS MOVIE AND I WANT IT SOON!!!

#86 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Pan 2099 says:

"I was with my friend today and we both loved it. I read somewhere that Nick Fury will make a appearance in it after the credits, I managed to persuade my friend to stay and our patience definately paid off. I WANT A AVENGERS MOVIE AND I WANT IT SOON!!!"

I'm afraid we'll be waiting for an Avengers movie :(....

But we have Hulk 2 and The Dark Knight to look foreward to.

#87 Posted by Constantine (16059 posts) - - Show Bio

Constantine says:

"What happens at the end of the credits?? I missed it"
#88 Posted by Constantine (16059 posts) - - Show Bio

Constantine says:

"Constantine says:

"

don't worry

#89 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

Constantine says:

"Constantine says:
"Constantine says:
"
don't worry"

The black Nick fury showed up, and said one line about the avengers.

#90 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

that movie was awesome

#91 Posted by Adidas Demon (169 posts) - - Show Bio

Great Movie. I'm curious. Did he say, "I am Iron Man." At the end. Was that a parallel to what happened with him registering? Or is he just vain and wants the attention? Or is it for no apparent reason?
Post Edited:2008-05-03 22:56:42

#92 Posted by Doug The Skrull (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Loved the ending where he said, "I am Iron Man." then the theme song just comes up. Movie was so good.

#93 Posted by No_Name_ (12593 posts) - - Show Bio

Queen Kong says:

"I downloaded this yesterday but it was fake.I'm so sad."

Who does that????

Ironman is one movie I would NOT stream online.

#94 Posted by Last_Guardian (28373 posts) - - Show Bio

great movie! best superhero movie i've ever seen...great mix of humor and action..and the funny thing is that in the comics i absolutely hate Iron Man's guts...well I loved the movie..a lot...and it was worth it staying the extra ten minutes to see the extra scene...

#95 Posted by Booster Gold Prime (215 posts) - - Show Bio

I just came back from seeing the movie and it was freeking amazing! I loved it! I wouldn't have changed anything! RDJr is Tony Stark! He captured his attitude perfectly. No wonder every1 says he's a genius. That was made apparent tonight. I won't ruin it for any1 who hasn't seen it but there is just 1 thing my wife and I didnt understand. If you've seen the movie PM me and I'll tell you what it is. 4 those who haven't seen it, WHAT THE HELL R U WAITING 4?!!! I wasn't even a real big IRON MAN fan before this movie. I mean, it was like, "He's cool." But this movie opened him up to me in a way that I never imagined. In short, I loved it and can't wait 4 the sequel. If you seen the movie and you didnt pick up the comment that sealed that then you just weren't paying attention. I predict that this flick will break all box office records. I honestly feel like it will break the $200 million mark! Wait for it. Watch!!!

#96 Posted by Alexander Anderson (4030 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved it. Seamless from beginning to end. The best comic book movie ever made. Incredible special effects. Perfect acting, especially from my new personal god, Robert Downey Jr. Tons of fun and subtle references to the comics that set up a ton of possibilities for a sequel. I can't rant enough about this movie.

Oh, and don't let me forget the biggest nerdgasm of the night...

The Avengers Initiative!

With Samuel L. Motherf*cking Jackson, no less. Hell yes.
Post Edited:2008-05-04 18:25:40

#97 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

Any doubts of a sequel are crushed by this news:

http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/ap/20080504/120993390000.html

Ironman did way better than expected, even though overall box office is down on last year. It's good news for Marvel, as they financed this movie and will get a bigger share of the takings then they do on other films. It also bodes well for Hulk, Batman and other summer films as a good May often indicates a good summer generally.

#98 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

ronin alexsnder says:

"okay so the air force guy im thinkin when he looked at the other suit that set up war machine right just checkin wanted to be sure when i explained that part to my friends."

Yeah Rhodes becomes War Machine in the comics. Not sure when or if he will in the movies though.

#99 Posted by ronin alexsnder (7817 posts) - - Show Bio

okay so the air force guy im thinkin when he looked at the other suit that set up war machine right just checkin wanted to be sure when i explained that part to my friends.

#100 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Just got back from seeing Iron Man and I absolutely Loved it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.