ironman 2

#1 Posted by frogman55 (81 posts) - - Show Bio

ive heared rumors about a sequal to this total cool movie is this true

#2 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

It's supposed to come out in April 30, 2010

#3 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19285 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah it is true

#4 Posted by danhimself (22586 posts) - - Show Bio

iron man 2 is where thor is supposed to be introduced to the avengers movie saga

#5 Posted by Boken (7756 posts) - - Show Bio

War machines gonna e in it

#6 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be odd for Marvel to NOT milk the Iron Man movie series after how well the first one did.

#7 Posted by danhimself (22586 posts) - - Show Bio

this is good news!!!

Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige has shot down a few rumors and spilled a few beans about some of the comic book company's upcoming film slate.

Sci Fi Wire visited the editing bay of The Incredible Hulk where Feige spoke with the assembled journalists about Thor, The First Avenger: Captain America, and Iron Man 2.

Feige said rumors of Matthew McConaughey being in the running to play Captain America are untrue, and revealed that most but not all of Thor will be set in the Norse realm of Asgard.

Mark Protosevich is expected to turn in his rewrite of the Thor screenplay soon with a new director to be announced "later this summer" (perhaps at Comic-Con?).

Iron Man 2 is slated for release April 30, 2010, with Feige stating that Marvel has now entered talks with director Jon Favreau about returning to helm the sequel.

P.S. Yes, that is Cap's shield seen on Tony Stark's table in Iron Man.

#8 Posted by mantoid (2305 posts) - - Show Bio

Nighthunter says:

"It's supposed to come out in April 30, 2010 "

How long do they plan in the future?

#9 Posted by frogman55 (81 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#10 Posted by frogman55 (81 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#11 Posted by Constantine (16046 posts) - - Show Bio

Boken says:

"War machines gonna e in it"

hellz yeah

#12 Posted by frogman55 (81 posts) - - Show Bio

danhimself says:

"iron man 2 is where thor is supposed to be introduced to the avengers movie saga"

Thor in an Ironman Movie good idea but a werid one what about Mandarian or Hawkeye there good charthers

#13 Posted by frogman55 (81 posts) - - Show Bio

Boken says:

"War machines gonna e in it"

Why stick a rubbish charter like War machine in it they better do a Ironman 3 to make up for it or kill him off.

#14 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah lets stick Spider-Man and the Hulk and Captain America and every main stream character in the movie instead of giving his body guard armor like in the comics that they're trying to adapt.

#15 Posted by he who is not (156 posts) - - Show Bio

if war machine is in it,maybe the armor james wears could be like some kind of prototype hulk-buster armor that james "test drives".

#16 Posted by Jonny Ruckus (61 posts) - - Show Bio

or....or/ It's could simply be Rhodey in the War Machine armor. Because that would be bad ass and give him a spin-off.

Maybe have to 2 of them fight, like some kind of mind control over Rhodey like they did on the Marvel Action Hour Iron Man cartoon and comics. I'd shit myself.

#17 Posted by Vance Astro (91262 posts) - - Show Bio

If War Machine isn't in it..i'm finding Stan Lee and clotheslining him..even though he has nothing to do with it.

#18 Posted by ronin alexsnder (7817 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"If War Machine isn't in it..i'm finding Stan Lee and clotheslining him..even though he has nothing to do with it."
ROTFL
#19 Posted by ultrakid (17 posts) - - Show Bio

are they going to have ironman in the next hulk movie im just wondering because of the incedible hulk ending

#20 Posted by slothex (3 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as they dont make war machine a big part maybe just 1 or 2 scenes im fine with it

#21 Posted by Zombie Trotsky (10 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure #2 will have War Machine becoming a major part, as Tony will have the problems with alcoholism and War Machine will have to go deal with Mandarin.

I'm just curious, what after Mandarin, for Iron Man? Who does he have left? M.O.D.O.K.? Yeah right. Crimson Dynamo? Laaame... I'm worried about the future of Iron Man.

#22 Posted by Batmanfan (9 posts) - - Show Bio
ultrakid said:
"are they going to have ironman in the next hulk movie im just wondering because of the incedible hulk ending"
i wouldn't think so because he was only there to try and get Hulk to join Shields new team, The Avengers. when is the new hulk movie coming out?
#23 Posted by G-Man (35119 posts) - - Show Bio

He has a bunch of enemies to choose from:

http://www.comicvine.com/iron-man/29-1455/enemies/

I wouldn't mind seeing someone like Spymaster or Madame Masque. 

The first because you could play the industrial espionage angle and maybe make it cool.  The second because she had a way of reaching Tony through his heart.

Staff
#24 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio
September 10, 2008 - With the DVD and Blu-ray release of Iron Man right around the corner, IGN had the opportunity to visit the studios of the legendary Stan Winston. While you can expect our full account of the jaw-dropping experience, Iron-fans will be glad to know that we were able to squeeze a small bit of information on the upcoming sequel.

Artist Chris Swift said of the casting for the follow-up:

"The most I've heard is that there's a possibility of the War Machine. That would be Terrance Howard in this next one. I talked a lot with him on set and I said, 'Get ready. In the comic books, you end up in the suit.' And I think he's going to get his opportunity."
#25 Posted by Meteorite (3351 posts) - - Show Bio

I really reckon they should have Mandarin as the Iron Man villain, since he's not just an Iron Man imitator like Iron Monger, Crimson Dynamo, Beetle, and Guardsman, plus there was that guy in the first movie (the leader of The Ten Rings) who looked kinda like him... so he should turn into Mandarin in the next movie.

#26 Edited by Shatterstar (4553 posts) - - Show Bio

Regarding Mandarin possibly showing up in the sequel- Jon Favreau in a chat with LA Times:

"Mandarin is still an important figure in the Iron Man universe. We have an interesting take on him that allows us to incorporate the whole pantheon of villains. The whole 10 Rings thing in IM 1 was a good tease for it."

Other quotes
"
The sequel is shaping up to incorporate Tony's vision for the future. What happens after he says "I am Iron Man?""

"
Now that marvel is making its own movies, every movie has to fit into the Marvel universe. the Avengers incorporates not just Iron Man, but Thor, possibly the Hulk and traditionally Captain America as well. As it is, it's scheduled Thor will come out the same summer as "Iron Man2" and Captain America will come out a few months before Avengers. All the films have to come together to create a consistent universe.That's very important to everyone involved. "

"We need War Machine. Agreed. Shoulder cannons and all. "

#27 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

The Hollywood Reporter announced this morning that "Iron Man" actor Terrence Howard will not reprise his role of Jim Rhodes in the forthcoming sequel, and that he has been replaced by Don Cheadle.

Marvel Studios had no comment on the casting change, but THR indicates a deal could not be reached with Howard that both parties found financially acceptable.

Directed by Jon Favreau and written by Justin Theroux, "Iron Man 2" is expected to be the film in which Cheadle's character -- the best friend and confidant of Robert Downey, Jr.'s Iron Man -- becomes the armor-wearing hero known as War Machine, as foreshadowed with Howard's performance in the 2008 blockbuster "Iron Man."

Cheadle is best known for his roles in the Steven Soderbergh movies "Traffic," "Ocean's Eleven" and its two sequels, as well as "Hotel Rwanda," for which he earned an Academy Award nomination for Best Actor.

Incidentally, Terrence Howard was nominated in the same category for his performance in "Hustle & Flow," making the part of Jim Rhodes something of an auspicious gig, indeed

#28 Posted by danhimself (22586 posts) - - Show Bio

terrence howard is an @$$!!!!!!!!!!!

#29 Posted by Unbelonger (2770 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully no Fing Fang Foom in any of the sequels.

zzzzzzz

#30 Posted by danhimself (22586 posts) - - Show Bio

Terrence Howard spoke out about his disappointment and shock at learning that he will no longer be reprising the role of James "Rhodey" Rhodes in the upcoming Marvel Studios sequel Iron Man 2.

The news, yet to be confirmed by Marvel, came as a shock to fans after internet bloggers began speculating that Don Cheadle will step into the iron suit of War Machine. Howard told NPR that he learned through the news the same way everyone else did.

"It was the surprise of a lifetime," he said. "There was no explanation. [The contract] just...up and vanished. I read something in the trades implicating that it was about money or something, but apparently the contracts that we write and sign aren't worth the paper that they're printed on, sometimes. Promises aren't kept, and good faith negotiations aren't always held up."

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.