Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11210 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

Iron Man Fear Itself .1 (THE NEXT BIG EVENT)

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DEGRAAF

Possible Spoilers Ahead*******

K. Thats probably enough room. So i've been following Fear Itself and Avengers Children's Crusade. So far the things we know are:

-The next event has something to do with Wanda (Scarlet Witch) returning

-Thor will die or at least be replaced as the God of Thunder

-And i believe the Future Foundation as well as the X-Men

- Victor Von Doom is in control of the powers Scarlet Witch had during House of M

-The heroes will win and most of the Worthy will keep/store/protect there own hammers that they got during Fear Itself.

Is there anything else?

What i'm curious of is if the evil can keep their hammers why dont the heroes get to keep their Asgardian weapons? From the .1 teasers if looks as though Thor isn't dead and Iron man seems to break out of His new Asgardian wardrobe. Why give up a suit that powerful?

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Loki9876

Thor will not die I saw multiple covers with thor on it (atleast i think/hope)

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Chaos Burn

so... whats the next big event? I heard it was an ultron thing

MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By MrUnknown

Fear Itself has been ruining the Iron Man comic. This whole year has been close to a waste and disappointment but at least by the end of the year we'll have a much needed Mandarin story arc.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By daredevil21134

Let me know when Matt Fraction leaves so I can read Iron Man again

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By danhimself

@DEGRAAF said:

K. Thats probably enough room. So i've been following Fear Itself and Avengers Children's Crusade. So far the things we know are:

-The next event has something to do with Wanda (Scarlet Witch) returning

-Thor will die or at least be replaced as the God of Thunder

-And i believe the Future Foundation as well as the X-Men

- Victor Von Doom is in control of the powers Scarlet Witch had during House of M

-The heroes will win and most of the Worthy will keep/store/protect there own hammers that they got during Fear Itself.

Is there anything else?

What i'm curious of is if the evil can keep their hammers why dont the heroes get to keep their Asgardian weapons? From the .1 teasers if looks as though Thor isn't dead and Iron man seems to break out of His new Asgardian wardrobe. Why give up a suit that powerful?

• I don't think the next event has anything to do with most of these points
    • Scarlet Witch's return will probably be mostly tied up by the time that Children's Crusade wraps
    • Doom will probably loose those powers....we still have 2 more issues of Children's Crusade left to wrap that up
    • It looks like the mini called The Fearless will deal with the whereabouts of the hammers after Fear Itself
    • most likely the armor will get damaged in the final battle...plus I'm thinking that him dipping himself in metal will hamper the armor's ability to retract into Tony

I'm pretty sure the next event is Avengers: X-Sanction...which is dealing with Cable's return

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DEGRAAF

@danhimself said:

I don't think the next event has anything to do with most of these points

• Scarlet Witch's return will probably be mostly tied up by the time that Children's Crusade wraps
    • Doom will probably loose those powers....we still have 2 more issues of Children's Crusade left to wrap that up
    • It looks like the mini called The Fearless will deal with the whereabouts of the hammers after Fear Itself
    • most likely the armor will get damaged in the final battle...plus I'm thinking that him dipping himself in metal will hamper the armor's ability to retract into Tony

I'm pretty sure the next event is Avengers: X-Sanction...which is dealing with Cable's return

Actually they said the event's occurring in the Childrens Crusade will have part in the next years event come January. Here is an excerpt. I might be wrong that it is doom with powers by the end but it is important.

The events of Children's Crusade will be felt after it ends, Heinberg promises. By the time the final issue is out in January, it will have caught up with Marvel continuity and dovetail into big things involving the Avengers and the X-Men.

"Anybody who hasn't been following Crusade all these months will likely be kicking themselves once we roll into next year," says Avengers editor Tom Brevoort, "so there's still plenty of time to save yourself that mental anguish! It's more crucial to what's about to come than we've been able to let on before now."

Several more characters will meet their untimely demise, Heinberg says. "And, if the Scarlet Witch survives Crusade, I hope she'll continue to play an active and essential role in the Marvel Universe."

- Even in previews they show some of the worthy commenting on them protecting their own hammers (like the Thing)

- I thought about that for the armor as well. I was thinking maybe Odin would take weapons away from them bc he wouldnt want them having Asguardian tech.

Avengers: X-Sanction does deal with Cable's return but what about his reasoning behind coming back.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is also an interview with Allan Heinberg from Sept 19 about Childrens Crusade

http://marvel.com/news/story/16677/avengers_childrens_crusade_-_the_scarlet_witch

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DEGRAAF

check out this interview too. It seems to have more about #8, #9 and the resulting event

http://marvel.com/news/story/16690/avengers_the_childrens_crusade_-_up_next

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.