Iron Man Anime Movie 'Rise of Technovore' Coming Our Way In 2013

• 54 results
Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel and Sony Japan are teaming up to create an all-new, full-length animated feature film titled Iron Man: Rise of Technovore. The anime movie which is currently in production in Japan will be made available on DVD in Spring of 2013.

Earlier today Marvel unveiled the cover for the movie (which reminded us a lot of the Iron Man movie posters) and revealed that the company plans to discuss the project in more detail during the Marvel TV panel on Saturday, October 13th at 4:15 p.m. ET in Room 1E13 at New York Comic-Con. And while we don't yet have a whole lot to go on as far as the movie is concerned, we did get a little bit of information about the film's premise. According to Marvel, Iron Man: Rise of Technovore will be directed by Hiroshi Hamasaki and will "explore a confrontation between Iron Man and the villainous Ezekiel Stane" after Stan creates new technology that gives Tony Stark's Iron Man armor a run for its money.

Based on the promotional art provided by Marvel, it looks like Iron Man won't be fighting this villain alone, either. It seems he will be joined by the likes of Hawkeye, Black Widow, War-Machine and a brand new face: The Punisher. If this sounds interesting to you, there is sure to be more information about the project revealed later this week at the upcoming convention.

What do you think so far of the premise and the accompanying artwork? Are you interested in an Iron Man anime feature-film?

Source: Marvel

#1 Posted by MooseyMcMan (136 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not liking the look of anime Punisher there. His coat is kinda big.

#2 Posted by SmashBrawler (4741 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't say I saw this coming.

#3 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

Look at that sh177y hawkeye costume

#4 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2310 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh anime why must you take a comic book characters already big breasts and make them even more ridiculous? Black Widow is not power girl =_=

#5 Posted by mk111 (3136 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually liked the Iron Man anime series taht aired on G4, so I'm hyped for this!

Add all those guest stars, and this might just be awesome!

#6 Posted by GR2Blackout (2564 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool.

#7 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

@GR2Blackout said:

Cool.

#8 Posted by SolthesunGod (276 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Widow looks like she got a very unfortunate nose job. Look at the size of that thing it's tiny!

#9 Edited by haydenclaireheroes (8753 posts) - - Show Bio

I am not a big Anime fan so I probably won't watch this unless I hear great things about it

#10 Posted by SoA (4592 posts) - - Show Bio

ill watch this , i liked the marvel anime to an extent , i have no clue why the punisher is there or has to do with the iron man world lol

#11 Posted by Smurfboy (466 posts) - - Show Bio

<---exciting!! I prefer to get it on Blu-Ray. DVD is so old. ;)

#12 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4517 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait

#13 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (9868 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't understand Marvel's fascination with Anime...it's good and all but keep it separate from my American product!!!!!

#14 Posted by mk111 (3136 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

I don't understand Marvel's fascination with Anime...it's good and all but keep it separate from my American product!!!!!

Honestly, as long as the quality is good, it shouldn't matter.

#15 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (4994 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't care about Anime.

#16 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

anime, stick to naruto and luffy. you suck at american superheroes.

#17 Posted by The_Soverighn (1812 posts) - - Show Bio

I Liked It

#18 Posted by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

@GR2Blackout said:

Cool.

#19 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27337 posts) - - Show Bio

the comments in this tread hurt my head

#20 Posted by fodigg (6094 posts) - - Show Bio

Could be okay. Why is punisher there though?

#21 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Idk, might pass

#22 Posted by Mrfuzzynutz (884 posts) - - Show Bio

ok, this I know

Iron Man will look GREAT, but the Marvel characters do not translate well in Anime, as based on the recent attempt of the shows on G4tv

will wait and see, but Punisher, really?

#23 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1747 posts) - - Show Bio

STOP showing Black Widow like that! She's a professional agent, not a strip dancer! I used to respect her for being one of the ONLY heroines who doesn't degrade herself like that. Never mind.

#24 Posted by Twentyfive (2405 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man is one of my favorite heroes. He's a boss. In all senses of the word. I hope the movie does well.

#25 Posted by MagmaGazer (108 posts) - - Show Bio

Technovore! Yay! My fave Iron Man monstah-rouge making it big in Japan. Awesome. And the cast looks interesting too. Psyched. <3

#26 Posted by Dernman (13992 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Widow look like a man in drag with a botched boob job. 
Punisher looks like DrJekyll/MrHyde. 
Hawkeye looks like he should be going sooooo weeee to call the pigs on a farm 
Warmachine looks like Warmech.

#27 Posted by hunter5024 (128 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Widow's boobs look weird.

#28 Posted by SandMan_ (4526 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man ANIME!!!!!!!!!

#29 Edited by Cavemold (1646 posts) - - Show Bio

SOLD.Looks amazing. A different look for punisher , i like that.

#30 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1210 posts) - - Show Bio

Nat looks good in purple the breast could be smaller she was a ballerina after all.

#31 Posted by sparty-dbq (715 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh. Not really interested in this. The Iron Man anime was passable at best (but to it's credit, the other three were total turds.)

#32 Posted by Cavemold (1646 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

the comments in this tread hurt my head

#33 Edited by Emperormeister734 (788 posts) - - Show Bio

I see War Machine ans Punisher, I SEE GREAT THINGS

#34 Posted by Cavemold (1646 posts) - - Show Bio

@Emperormeister734 said:

I see War Machine ans Punisher, I SEE GREAT THINGS

agreed a lot bullets flying!!!!!!

#35 Posted by Twentyfive (2405 posts) - - Show Bio

New Iron Manime! I can't wait. Hope the animation doesn't suck this time. The original Iron Manime was good imo. Especially the episode where he went to space for the first time. That is why science rules!!

#36 Posted by Darkmount1 (1261 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm guessing they're going to bring Adrian Pasdar back for the role of Tony (he played him in the Marvel Anime: Iron Man maxiseries), but I wonder who's going to voice War Machine, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Punisher, and Stane...

#37 Posted by BoyWander (318 posts) - - Show Bio

Woo! more Comic/anime meshing. I love these. Partially because I'm a fan of anime and manga, but I truly did enjoy the Wolverine anime and the Ironman anime.

#38 Posted by CitizenJP (570 posts) - - Show Bio

Tig ol bitties.

#39 Posted by Tony_Shark (453 posts) - - Show Bio

Woo! Stane's story was awesome! I hope this Anime does justice to it!

#40 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

So this movie is based off of the Five Nightmares storyline? Interesting...

#41 Posted by ka385385 (1283 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh...and BULL!

#42 Posted by The Ghost Writer (85 posts) - - Show Bio

... Huh, interesting. The only show from the "Marvel Anime" line that I really, thoroughly enjoyed was the X-Men one, but this looks intriguing. Think I'll keep an eye on this one.

#43 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

It has Hawkeye therefore I shall watch it.

#44 Posted by Nerd Of A Hero (692 posts) - - Show Bio

I might see this if people say good things about it, but if the anime industry wants to keep making movies and shows based on marvel characters they might as well make a Marvel vs Capcom movie. Now that would be something I'll watch.

#45 Posted by blueninjapanther (664 posts) - - Show Bio

War Machine looks like his body is bigger than his head. Black Widow looks weird. What's with Punisher's hair and coat. Hawkeye looks like Duke from G.I. Joe Sigma Six.

#46 Posted by ZombiePie (105 posts) - - Show Bio

@MooseyMcMan said:

I'm not liking the look of anime Punisher there. His coat is kinda big.

HE LOOKS LIKE THE TERMINATOR! AND NOW I CAN'T LOOK AT THAT POSTER WITHOUT GOING CRAZY!!!!

#47 Posted by movieartman (776 posts) - - Show Bio

@sparty-dbq: i thought the x-men anime was by FAARRR the best of the 4, what do you think was bad about it?

#48 Posted by movieartman (776 posts) - - Show Bio

YES YES YES YES i just finished watching the x-men anime, and was thinking they should do more anime films and less series this is gonna kick SOOO much ass.

and people bitching that they dont like the look of the anime style, thats all fine and good , but the animation for even the worst of the 4 marvel anime series was SO much freaking better than any of marvels recent animated films.

#49 Posted by Red Rum (357 posts) - - Show Bio

Ol' Frankie looks like Edward Cullen in a skull t-shirt as an anime character.

#50 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

Though I don't watch anime, I liked a lot Iron Man's take on it :D Looks very promising .

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.