'Iron Man 3' Toy Reveals Possible Big Spoiler

Posted by k4tzm4n (34931 posts) - - Show Bio

Leave it to a toy to ruin a potential cliffhanger...

THERE'S OBVIOUSLY SPOILERS AHEAD, SO IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE 'EM, DON'T PROCEED!

SERIOUSLY, GET OUT. LEAVE NOW BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!

Are the anti-spoilers people gone now? Okay, good. You know how over in the Marvel NOW! comics Iron Man is currently heading to space and will team up with the Guardians of the Galaxy, right? Well, it looks like movie Tony Stark could be doing the exact same thing.

A certain toy company [redacted] released a picture of 'Deep Space Suit' Iron Man for their upcoming collection. Oh yes, Tony Stark is going to space again. Let's just hope he's nuke-free this time.

Edit

We've been asked to remove the image by the company.

But you can look at the cover to GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #1 to see where the idea of the connection came from. We'll have to wait until the movie is released to see what happens.

Sources say Iron Man will leave the planet at the end of the movie in order to team up with the cosmic group. Nothing to help lure people into Guardians of the Galaxy quite like Robert Downey Jr.'s charisma, eh? He'll apparently appear at the end of that movie as well.

How do you feel about this? Sound off below, Viners!

#1 Posted by Batnandez (511 posts) - - Show Bio

kewl

#2 Posted by Fantasgasmic (1033 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still a little skeptical/hesitant. I mean with Iron Man you always get toys of armors that aren't in the movie.

#3 Posted by cosmicwolf13 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

is nova still rumored to be in guardians of the galaxy movie? or has that rumor been shut down?

#4 Posted by CptPanda29 (211 posts) - - Show Bio

I really wish you chose a different thumbnail.

#5 Posted by Cavemold (1684 posts) - - Show Bio

mw want

#6 Posted by dondave (38893 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool

#7 Posted by queenfrost_ (2490 posts) - - Show Bio

meh. Still not keen on this guardians thing

#8 Posted by elayem98 (458 posts) - - Show Bio

@queenfrost_ said:

same. i feel like IM3 is cheapened by tying it into what looks to me like a uninteresting movie(Guardians of the Galaxy), especially since IM3 looked great beforehand.

#9 Posted by saoakden (1021 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe it will be like the other movies and leave a post-credit scene having to fix something in space and notices one of the Guardians of the Galaxy, maybe? Either that or Tony just built the suit on his down time just in case or he made the armor because of what happen in the Avengers movie. There is only one way to find out though. We have to see the movie!

#10 Edited by queenfrost_ (2490 posts) - - Show Bio

@elayem98: I'd rather it be a nice wrap up to a trilogy than just make it some quasi tie-in to the guardians film

#11 Posted by k4tzm4n (34931 posts) - - Show Bio
@CptPanda29 said:

I really wish you chose a different thumbnail.

The thumbnail doesn't spoil anything. The spoiler is on the bottom of the box which I cropped out for the image on the homepage.  All you  can tell from the homepage is he's wearing a different armor -- not what it's used for.
#12 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8062 posts) - - Show Bio

Im drooling in anticipation...

#13 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (7559 posts) - - Show Bio

Need to get that! I am curious how the Guardians of the Galaxy cameo is going to work out in Iron Man 3. Sure it will be great

#14 Posted by millennium (208 posts) - - Show Bio

will marvel needed it to tie in to the guardians movie becouse if they didnt then they wouldnt get the main stream movie fans i wouldnt be surprized if they do this for all the movies leading up the GOTG movie or avengers 2

#15 Posted by Master_Thief (787 posts) - - Show Bio
@cosmicwolf13: shut down
#16 Posted by CptPanda29 (211 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: Still felt my heart sink seeing it, I've gone into these movies knowing less about them each time and they've been far better for it - it's another surprise I won't have.

#17 Posted by StMichalofWilson (4103 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron in Space, aaannnddd.....

#18 Posted by CitizenJP (625 posts) - - Show Bio

OoOoOo snap.

#19 Posted by Novemberx2 (479 posts) - - Show Bio

@queenfrost_ said:

Disney who made john Cater of mars....

A talking raccoon!

a title that marvel love to cancel!

Im completely with you, i can see it going terribly wrong

#20 Posted by Novemberx2 (479 posts) - - Show Bio

also every iron man toy line has a had space armor! just because he's gone into space in Gillens/lands Iron Bore Series doesn't mean it will actually happen.

That said its disney! and they are desperate to milk Ironman popularity and have hit space movie!

#21 Posted by jwalser3 (5279 posts) - - Show Bio

@Novemberx2 said:

@queenfrost_ said:

Disney who made john Cater of mars....

A talking raccoon!

I feel like RR will make a lot of pop culture references...

#22 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

@Novemberx2 said:

@queenfrost_ said:

Disney who made John Cater of mars....

A talking raccoon!

Talking raccoon + Disney = Awww God NO

#23 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (8086 posts) - - Show Bio

This doesn't mean much. Remember all the knock off Batman toys that come out with every movie?

#24 Posted by elayem98 (458 posts) - - Show Bio

@queenfrost_ said:

@elayem98: I'd rather it be a nice wrap up to a trilogy than just make it some quasi tie-in to the guardians film

exactly

#25 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6538 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe it's just like one of those toys you get that's nothing to do with the story, but people will buy it anyway. Y'know like this gold Batman with a huge gun, which is apparently from The Dark Knight Rises:

#26 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7964 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah based on the previous toy lines this doesn't necessarily mean anything but if it does have something to do with the plot it will be interesting to see how they go about working it in, not sure a Guardians nod would be the best thing to do in the third act of the series.

#27 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4899 posts) - - Show Bio

It means they painted a toy wrong, but decided to sell it. Now everyones all giggyty giggity like if its official. Also I hear rumblings about the book not being oh so great, so... ... ... whats the big deal?

XP

(+)

#28 Posted by fACEmelter88 (598 posts) - - Show Bio

Rumors that are doubtful but..........YES! YES! YEEEEESS 1000 TIMES YEEEEEESS!

#29 Posted by iancoderre3 (53 posts) - - Show Bio

There has been toys that have been for all kinds of types of battles, and they never appeared in the movie. But if Latino Review says that hes going to space with the Guadians, I'll buy it!

#30 Posted by harrymcback (13 posts) - - Show Bio

The Captain America toys included several characters, such as Captain Britain and US Agent, that were never going to be part of the movie.

My vote for IM3-GofG cross-over: Tony Stark had an alcohol induced hallucination of a talking raccoon carrying automatic weapons.

#31 Posted by red_titan (156 posts) - - Show Bio

It should've looked liked the dead space costume.

#32 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool! can't wait to see how the Dee-Space Suit.

It's quite interesting actually, they 1st bring in GotG, then proceed to introduce some Cosmic Entities...it's a great step to capture a bigger picture about the MU. Even though, Hater still going to Hate.

#33 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6836 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh very cool ^_^

#34 Posted by mk111 (3139 posts) - - Show Bio

Guardians? Woot!

#35 Posted by nrgb2814 (119 posts) - - Show Bio

ERMAHGERD!!! DEHP SPERCE SERT!!!!!!!!

#36 Posted by NICKXH (287 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey Iron Man! Issac Clarke called. He wants his suit back.

#37 Posted by Arevish (297 posts) - - Show Bio

Look on the cover. BLACK AND GOLD Iron Man. With Marvel Now, Marvel avengers got "MOVIED" (just look at cap costume) and they are doing the same with Iron Man, I knew that the Flying gold and red armor couldn't be extremis, they still have to show it

#38 Posted by OriginalVenom (31 posts) - - Show Bio

A fully CGI Rocket Raccoon the entire time... I wonder how thats going to turn out if RR is actually in the movie.

#39 Posted by Onemoreposter (4101 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the fact that they made comicvine take the image down is pretty much confirmation we'll be seeing it in the movie.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.