Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11210 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

'Iron Man 3' Teaser Trailer Scene Breakdown and Analysis

• 130 results
    TheReaper111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By TheReaper111

im not really big on iron man comics, whats the Extremis serum and armor?

Miss_Garrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#102  Edited By Miss_Garrick

@joshmightbe: That's totally understandable. Everybody will have that moment when they have to go over and over some fact when nobody else pays attention. I go thru this whenever I see a adaption on Ancient Greek Myths and they show Poseidon with a mertail. He's NOT supposed to have one!!

Ama_Sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Ama_Sama

The darker tone is a good thing in this commercial. I sincerely think it's the only way to do Extremis like it needs to be done (it was a darker arc, after all). As for Pepper becoming Rescue, I wouldn't mind, really, and it's what came to mind when they released that 18 second teaser last week. It would lend to some character development on Pepper's side, really. And, on the note of the Iron Man suit looming over Pepper: I know it's very possible that Extremis-filled-Tony could be having a nightmare and controlling it, but what if Pepper's having a nightmare instead? Just a thought.

Over all, I think it looks good, and I can never get enough Iron Man (even if I still don't know about the new suit's paint job...), but I'll hold my judgement on the Mandarin (never really read anything with him in it). I know he isn't Asian, but Ben Kingsley is an incredible actor, so I'm willing to give him a chance.

Barkley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Barkley

Head explosion!!!

SexualLobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By SexualLobster

I think the suit in the bedroom is a metaphor in his nightmares.

He revealed his identity, putting everyone he loves at risk. So, Iron Man essentially is a danger to Pepper, and his nightmares are about it being a danger to her.

Theory 2 is that we see Tony with headgear on in the trailer, I assume this means that he made it so he can operate the suit by way of mental command. Now with Extremis injected into him, he can control it without the headgear. So in his nightmares he's accidentally controlling the suit somehow.

I really think that the bedroom scene is definitely a dream-matter.

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#106  Edited By LordRequiem

Does Iron Man actually fight in this trailer? Of course he doesn't. All he does is get beaten up. There'd better be some Iron Man doing something more than flying around in this one.

Also Norman Osborn's Iron Patriot armour, seriously? All comic fans will associate that with a bad guy.

Galactic_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Galactic_Man

I think the Iron Patriot armor will lead to a reference to Captain America XD It'll be so awesome, and I can't believe the entire time I was watching the trailer, all I could think was "Where's Hulk or Thor to save Tony's sorry ass?" - I hope Hulk would cameo, but it's unlikely...

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#108  Edited By feebadger

I honestly couldn't have given a rats arse about Iron Man 3 until this trailer and this trailer did exactly what a trailer is meant to do! Am really excited about this now! Uh... yay for me!

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#109  Edited By Eyz

@feebadger said:

I honestly couldn't have given a rats arse about Iron Man 3 until this trailer and this trailer did exactly what a trailer is meant to do! Am really excited about this now! Uh... yay for me!

same!

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#110  Edited By Teerack

You messed up on the scene with the suit holding pepper in the bed. You can see in a earlier part of the trailer him getting into bed with his suit laying in pieces on the floor, and then right before the suit grabs Pepper, Tony's face clearly shows that he's in pain or something is wrong and the suit pulls her off when she touches him. It's pretty clear that shows the suit moving on it's own is just Tony controlling the suit with his mind, and clearly he's having trouble adjusting to the Extremis in his body now.

Also the scene in the rubble with the suit over him makes it look like the suit was protecting him.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Yeah, this has Rocky III written all over it for the tone that they are going for...fallen hero, rises to challenge his greatest challenge and overcome it. You see a bit of Extremis here as well as a bit of Five Nightmares. So ready for the movie!

LaserLambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By LaserLambert

@ThePRez: also about re-imagined villains with their absurd powers from the comics removed and their nationalities changed and with crazy voices.

also, I have to say I never expected to say this after severely disliking Iron Man 2, and being very ambivalent towards Iron Man 1, but I'm kind of excited to see this movie.

Man of Steel and Man of Iron next summer.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#113  Edited By Black_Claw

Whoa, this looks like its definitely gonna be the darkest of the three movies. And I'm glad Mandarin's finally coming to the big screen!

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#114  Edited By Jedted

@SexualLobster said:

I think the suit in the bedroom is a metaphor in his nightmares.

He revealed his identity, putting everyone he loves at risk. So, Iron Man essentially is a danger to Pepper, and his nightmares are about it being a danger to her.

That was my thought. It may sound cheesy to some people but i'll bet that's what it is.

RuinedGlory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#115  Edited By RuinedGlory

My review of the trailer, it's my very first review I've ever done in a video format. So constructive criticism, feedback & all that jazz would be awesome guys. I do talk about things I think others missed as well. And I'm looking to create more informative reviews that actually make you more knowledgable about the topics I'll tackle once you're done with my videos.

So please have a look. I would appreciate it immensely.

armylife1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By armylife1124

Can't wait for this movie, great franchise so far, just hope it is closer to the third Bat movie, and not like the 3rd X film.

kilon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#117  Edited By kilon

i hope the rings stay true to the comics.

Avatar image for comicbookreaderguy
    comicbookreaderguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like this is combining a few concepts: Extremis, The Mandarin, Iron Patriot, Fallout from some of Tony's earlier actions (I assume people will find out about him piloting while intoxicated), Dreams (Pretty sure that armor pulling Pepper back is a result of Tony having a nightmare, as you can see the pieces of it lying around when he's getting into bed), Sentient or Controlled Armor. Should make for one hell of a third act. (Wonder how long this movie's going to be)

In terms of "Nothing's been the same since New York. You experience things, and then they are over". Sounds to me like he could be talking about the Avengers, the part where he went through that portal and almost died.

Unless Pepper's the one in Tony's Armor when the house is attacked, I don't see any way she could've survived.

Avatar image for emperormeister734
    Emperormeister734

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 10

@kilon: That's what I'm hoping for too, I waited to finally see The Mandarin

Jodokon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Jodokon

Hmmmm

Mandarin and Extremis armor?

Should be Interesting

daviddavid7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#122  Edited By daviddavid7

Man, it looks like Iron Man is in an even tighter situation. It's like he's up against three Whiplashes.

LenSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By LenSnart

I think Mandarin is controling the amour with the extremis virus

PurpleCandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#124  Edited By PurpleCandy

I'm sure its just a coincidence

Asok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Asok

Is it bad that I want Pepper to die? It's just that Stark in a monogamous relationship feels wrong to me.

ReadItNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#126  Edited By ReadItNow

@asok yes yes it is

Queso6p4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 21

#127  Edited By Queso6p4

I was pretty psyched when I saw this a few days ago. Can't wait to see this.

blastaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By blastaar

Avengers and Dark knight Rises had basically the same ending. Big fight insues, then take the nuke out of the city. The same exact ending. So what if Iron MAn 3 is like Dark knight Rises? I happen to like Dark Knight Rises and I think IM3 is gion to be awesome.

handsome_stud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By handsome_stud

why's mandarin's voice sound like a normal computer dork

chocobojam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By chocobojam

so when will we see a crossover movie of iron man and spider man, where norman osborn becomes iron patriot??!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.