Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11210 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

IRON MAN 3 Coming the Same Summer as AVENGERS?

No_name_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By No_name_here

R... D.... J....
     R... D.... J....

I think we’re seeing a little game of telephone here, updated for the internet-enabled blogging age. There’s a notion going around that Robert Downey Jr. is already talking about suiting up to make a third IRON MAN movie this fall because of this choice quote collected by the Associated Press during the press tour RDJ and comedian Zack Galifianakis did for their movie DUE DATE

Galifianakis said he expects to begin work this fall on the sequel to "The Hangover," while Downey said he aims to suit up for a third "Iron Man" flick.

Will the baby return?
     Will the baby return?

Film School Rejects brings up the notion that they could just be talking about the AVENGERS movie considering how unfeasible it’d be to fit two blockbuster-sized movies into summer 2012 this late in the game. I’d have to agree with them because, considering there’s no direct quote from Downey, I can easily see it being a case of him saying, “I’m going to be playing Iron Man again,” in reference to AVENGERS and press people then ASSUMING it was a third solo flick.  Do you figure there’s even go to be a third solo flick, oh packed-schedule Comic Vine community? I don’t think RDJ has the same kind of nine picture deal the newer actors have already signed up for. I can imagine him growing weary of the role well before he gets to six appearances as the character.

And WHERE is the intense fan speculation and rumor-monger about HANGOVER 2? What actors might be playing random new characters we haven’t heard of yet? Will it still be set in Vegas?

It's like Axe and Tag combined.
     It's like Axe and Tag combined.

On a related note, Tony Stark is getting his own cologne, as the photo to the right evidences.  Seeing this makes me think that there needs to be more comics with pro-hygiene messages. Babs and G-Man had an extensive discussion with Dennis Calero about proper hair care on our podcast last week, wherein the artist put forth his theory that it’s actually healthier for your hair to wash it only a couple times a week. While I can see where he’s coming from in regard to natural juices better promoting bounce, I’ll assert that it’s HIGHLY DANGEROUS to tell comic fans to BATHE LESS.

-- Tom Pinchuk is the writer of UNIMAGINABLE for Arcana Comics and HYBRID BASTARDS! for Archaia.   Watch out for the HYBRID BASTARDS! hardcover collection this March - - available for pre-order now on Amazon.com.

jlat89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By jlat89

I'm sure there will be a 3rd one, but I agree it's more plausible that he meant Avengers
    although they could shoot in the fall in hopes of releasing it Summer '11 which is technically plausible

Alphaproto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Alphaproto

Maybe they could combine both movies and make an awsomely epic win of a movie.
    Jordanstine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jordanstine

Two Words (with a Dash): 

HULK-BUSTER ARMOR 

Hulk-Buster Armor? You kidding!? Okay, well maybe in part 5.
    Hulk-Buster Armor? You kidding!? Okay, well maybe in part 5.
    Agent Buttons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Agent Buttons
    wow
    Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5  Edited By Moomin123

I knew that RDJ would be in Iron Man 3, I heard it on http://marvel-movies.wikia.com/wiki/Iron_Man_3. Anyway, it still sounds like a good plan, people love the first Iron Man already, and people are hyped to see the sequel. 
    I hope in Iron Man 3, we finally see the Mandarin, or possibly Titanium Man.
    MrCipher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MrCipher

What about the idea of shooting IM3 and at least part of Avengers simultaneously? That way RDJ doesn't look any older (he's roughly 50), they can use the same armor, maybe some of the same sets, and then finish Avengers over the next year releasing it when it won't conflict with other Marvel offerings? 

Look at the Harry Potter franchise filming 3 films on top of each other but not releasing them all at once instead staggering them to take advatage of the market while keeping people's interest piqued.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By danhimself

if the cologne is for Iron Man 2 then why is Iron Patriot all over the box?

austen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By austen

he probably meant the Avengers.
    jlat89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jlat89
    @MrCipher: 
    not to sound like a complete Harry Potter nerd but they never filmed 3 movies at the same time, there has always been a gap between each film
    The most they've done is for the last book, which is split into 2 movies
    MrCipher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MrCipher
    @jlat89:
    LOL isn't this where we're supposed to sound like nerds? I swear that they they did the last movie and then the next 2 movies all together - but maybe I'm wrong. 
    Hmmm...
    jlat89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jlat89
    @MrCipher: 
    haha truth on the nerd part
    but yeah, they didn't film them together the 6th was filmed from September 07 - May 08. 7 and 8 started in February 09 and they're still filming
    jlat89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jlat89
    @danhimself: 
    i was about to ask the same question
    goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By goldenkey

Isn't the year Captain America comes out too.  3 movies in one year like that.
    goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By goldenkey

It wouldn't be to much to me.  I saw Iron Man. Hulk, and th D.K. in one summer 
    Nyogtha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By Nyogtha
    @Jordanstine:  What I'd give to see that big flying fortress looking suite in the air on the big screen.
    brendon277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By brendon277

WOW they haven't even released the Iron Man 2 and they're talkin about a third one.

Bats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Bats

It would be one hell of a good summer...

simsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By simsey

i can see rdj doin as many im films coz he wasnt  doin much work b4 he got the im gig i know he was doin a few flicks but the way iron man is goin his gon to work on em his no fool
    jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By jefprice

Ummm They announced Iron Man at the same time they announced Avengers and Jon F said when they did Iron Man #1 that he wasn't planning on touching the Demon in a bottle story till IM3. Iron Man 3 has been talked about openly by RDJ, JF, The Studio, and pretty much everyone else. The real rumor is that they're already talking post IM3 plans.

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DH69
    @danhimself said:
    "if the cologne is for Iron Man 2 then why is Iron Patriot all over the box? "

mabye it smells like dead blondes

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.