Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11210 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

Iron Man 2 Set Footage...Sort Of

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

No Caption Provided

This may not be the most spectacular footage you'll ever see but it at least gives an idea of what we can expect.  Remember that "image" that Jon Favreau posted?  It showed us that they were using a huge green screen.  Now I thought we had a big green screen in our Giant Bomb studios but it's nothing compared to this.  Here's some amateur footage shot at night but you get an idea of how much green screen they're using.

What do you think?  An aerial chases scene maybe?  Perhaps Iron Man and War Machine flying side by side?  Apparently there's only a few more days left of shooting.
    QURebel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By QURebel

I hope this movie is tuff most likely it will be.The first one was coo i unno maybe ima hard critic but i didnt think it was as good as some ppl thought like my pops was all like its the best super hero movie ever and im like i unno i think i like the incredible hulk better(edward norton verion) but maybe im jus crazy but really its jus the way hulk was filmed gave it more of a comic book feel to me. who knows maybe im jus buggin.

badog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By badog

I think that those two movies were 2 of the best marvel movies out there, and that green screen is HUGE!!! I'm thinking Fing Fang Foom ; )

Venom-Hulker_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Venom-Hulker_1

I heard that ed norton's in it. In Iron man 2 as the Hulk

Scorpio91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Scorpio91

Even the Hulk is jealous about how much Green Screen their using!!!! haha....

Avatar image for thesavageassasin
    TheSavageAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By TheSavageAssasin
    @badog said:
    " I think that those two movies were 2 of the best marvel movies out there, and that green screen is HUGE!!! I'm thinking Fing Fang Foom ; ) "
    Yeah probably
    Venom-Hulker_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Venom-Hulker_1
    @Scorpio91 said:
    "

Even the Hulk is jealous about how much Green Screen their using!!!! haha....

"

Rumors say hulk IS in it!
    King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
    @Venom-Hulker_1 said:
    " I heard that ed norton's in it. In Iron man 2 as the Hulk "
    really ?
    Venom-Hulker_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Venom-Hulker_1
    @King Saturn said:
    "@Venom-Hulker_1 said:
    " I heard that ed norton's in it. In Iron man 2 as the Hulk "
    really ?"

it's just a rumor, but it's been around since at least november and nothing's been confirmed or denied and they might tell at comic con wheteher it will happen
    Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Bruce Vain

Wow only a few more days of shooting? Didn't know it was that close to being finished that fast.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By danhimself

this is one of the reasons I hate when people start guessing at things.....all we've seen is a giant green screen and people are convinced that it has to be Fing Fang Foom

Venom-Hulker_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Venom-Hulker_1
    @danhimself said:
    "this is one of the reasons I hate when people start guessing at things.....all we've seen is a giant green screen and people are convinced that it has to be Fing Fang Foom "

for all we know it could be a Stark-Super Plane... or the Prototype Avengers Quinjet
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @danhimself said:
    " this is one of the reasons I hate when people start guessing at things.....all we've seen is a giant green screen and people are convinced that it has to be Fing Fang Foom "
    They probably use that giant green screen for numerous parts of the movie. And I'm going to say it, you heard it here first guys..... They'll for sure be using it for flying scenes.
    HaloKing343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#13  Edited By HaloKing343

Oh snap! That's BIG.

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#14  Edited By Decept-O

Any little tidbits about IM2 are great and already this is causing some discussion.  Wonder if it is the biggest green screen ever for a movie or has there been another movie with a bigger one?  Maybe Iron Man is going to stop the dam from bursting?  I do think however as others stated it might be for a flying scene, but whatever it is, me likey.  Me likey a wot.

m_man360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By m_man360

Agreed,there is no possible way they could introduce Fing-fang because he can only exist in the comic world, this a film, it's made for an adult audience aswell they can't introduce a character that would look far fetched on film.

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

that screen  is titanic I'm thinking flying scene or Ultimo!

No Caption Provided

Venom-Hulker_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Venom-Hulker_1

I just found that Hulk being in IM2 at the end wasn't a rumor. it was told to a guy I know BY KEVIN FEIGE HIMSELF!!

Avatar image for the_sharp_dressed_lady
    The Sharp Dressed Lady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It could be Fin Fang Foom, or Ultimo, or Titanium Man!! Each would be ok, and in keeping with a Mandarin storyline. Or more Obadiah Stane, or Iron Monger.

It could be a huge Hulkbuster suit of one fashion or another, WWH style, or just for big composite shots. Wire shots, sweeping FX vistas, battle scenes and the like. Maybe they plan on using it for the other Marvel movies, too.

Maybe a shot with the SHIELD Helicarrier, or Avengers Mansion, or Stark Enterprises, or The Baxter Building, or New York or Asgard!! Or everything. Or with... GIANT-MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8O
    badog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By badog
    @The Sharp Dressed Lady said:
    " It could be Fin Fang Foom, or Ultimo, or Titanium Man!! Each would be ok, and in keeping with a Mandarin storyline. Or more Obadiah Stane, or Iron Monger.

It could be a huge Hulkbuster suit of one fashion or another, WWH style, or just for big composite shots. Wire shots, sweeping FX vistas, battle scenes and the like. Maybe they plan on using it for the other Marvel movies, too.

Maybe a shot with the SHIELD Helicarrier, or Avengers Mansion, or Stark Enterprises, or The Baxter Building, or New York or Asgard!! Or everything. Or with... GIANT-MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8O
    "
    OMG i love the idea of it being Asgard!!! that would totally make sense aswell as its the next marvel film, maybe an after credits thing like the others!!!! but giant-man, that would be cool as well!!!
    Avatar image for incredible_hulk_prime
    Incredible Hulk-Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

That screen is "HUGE". I think it couldbe use for either an Iro Man and War Machine flying scene,a solo
    War Machine scene,Ultimo,Ant-Man or  Asgard and The Rainbow Bridge.bThey might save Fin Fang Foom for Iron Man 3.

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Media_Master

Right next to a highway, interesting location

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.